If original GNR will tour, will they play de ChiDem songs?

Slash couldn't even wank his way through most of ChiDem's big solos without bastardizing them with his "technique", so I'd only imagine tracks like Street of Dreams, Madagascar and This I Love making the cut from the album in a reunion tour..maybe Catcher in the Rye also

I can see maybe like a compromise sorta thing; like if they do a ChiDem song then they also do a VR song.

If I had to pick a ChiDem song for Slash then I pick either Catcher or The Blues, cause I feel they both fit well with his music style (This I Love does too but that song is kinda boring and repetitive, especially compared to November Rain and Estranged, which would both definitely be on the set).

Similarly, if I had to pick a VR song for Axl, Id go with Fall To Pieces, since it was originally intended to be a GNR song in the first place (Axl said so in the 2008 chats. Also in the Making of Estranged video from 1994 you can hear an early version of the riff with Axl whistling on top of it). I can also picture Axl singing Slither.

I can't see them touching VR, it has nothing to do with GnR besides the members of the bands cross over.

I can see them possibly considering a select few from the CD era band (if that includes a 2nd album, that would be included here too).

If Axl and Slash ever appear onstage together, 99.99999999999% of the audience is there to relive the 80s and 90s.

That does not include the giant shit-bomb that is ChiDem.

Chinese is under the Guns N'Roses name (which is the most significant point), it is a legit Guns N' Roses release, regardless of contrary opinions. Just like United Abominations (with just MegaDave at the helm) is a Megadeth album the same as Rust in Peace or Killing is my business... You can twist it however many ways you want but it is what it is, you don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it for what it is.

Alas, It's true what you are saying about the majority of the audience only wanting hits, but there are always fans (the one's that go to multiple shows etc.) that want to hear the obscure music too, People who aren't that into Guns probably couldn't care less. You do find the rare breed who's favourite metallica song is 'Shoot Me Again' and their favourite guns songs are 'If The World' and 'Shotgun Blues' so... while you're almost certainly right I think you underestimate the possibility that not everyone hates the shit-bomb that is Chinese Democracy quite as much as you.

• Like 1

I'm guessing they will for fun, but it will be Axl trying Slash songs. Like you might hear "I always liked this song off Slash's record, and so we are gonna give this a try tonight."

Then Slash will likely play a CD song but I guarantee you it won't be the way it was written. Slash will make the songs fit him a little more, and even if they only play one song from CD it will be well done and well rehearsed. I imagine they would do Better or Shackler's.

I can see maybe like a compromise sorta thing; like if they do a ChiDem song then they also do a VR song.

If I had to pick a ChiDem song for Slash then I pick either Catcher or The Blues, cause I feel they both fit well with his music style (This I Love does too but that song is kinda boring and repetitive, especially compared to November Rain and Estranged, which would both definitely be on the set).

Similarly, if I had to pick a VR song for Axl, Id go with Fall To Pieces, since it was originally intended to be a GNR song in the first place (Axl said so in the 2008 chats. Also in the Making of Estranged video from 1994 you can hear an early version of the riff with Axl whistling on top of it). I can also picture Axl singing Slither.

I can't see them touching VR, it has nothing to do with GnR besides the members of the bands cross over.

I can see them possibly considering a select few from the CD era band (if that includes a 2nd album, that would be included here too).

If Axl and Slash ever appear onstage together, 99.99999999999% of the audience is there to relive the 80s and 90s.

Chinese is under the Guns N'Roses name (which is the most significant point), it is a legit Guns N' Roses release, regardless of contrary opinions. Just like United Abominations (with just MegaDave at the helm) is a Megadeth album the same as Rust in Peace or Killing is my business... You can twist it however many ways you want but it is what it is, you don't have to like it, but you do have to accept it for what it is.

Alas, It's true what you are saying about the majority of the audience only wanting hits, but there are always fans (the one's that go to multiple shows etc.) that want to hear the obscure music too, People who aren't that into Guns probably couldn't care less. You do find the rare breed who's favourite metallica song is 'Shoot Me Again' and their favourite guns songs are 'If The World' and 'Shotgun Blues' so... while you're almost certainly right I think you underestimate the possibility that not everyone hates the shit-bomb that is Chinese Democracy quite as much as you.

Clearly you don't run a business.

A reunion tour is about one thing: money. It's a big business. And any competent business will focus their efforts in such a way that profits are maximized.

So, playing garbage off ChiDem to appease six people in a full arena is just plain bad business.

It's like, I enjoy sardine sandwiches. If McDonald's made them, I'd buy them, like maybe two a year. But it makes no business sense for McDonald's to start stocking sardine sandwiches at the cost of stocking hamburgers, just so they can appease the handful of people who would like them. It comes at the huge cost of pissing off the vast majority of their customer base.

The vast majority of people buying tickets to see axl and slash neither know nor care about If the world or Madagascar.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 2

They will release CD2 even if there's a reunion. And they probably will play some CD1 songs too. Duff already knows the songs. Slash won't play the solos exactly like they are on the album though. He'll put his own twist on them. That's my prediction.

It's not a reunion in the full sense of the word, cause in Axl's opinion GNR never ended. This is just GNR continuing with a new (old) lineup. That's it.

Edited by Lies They Tell

I'm not sure Slash can mimic Buckets CD material. I hope he can twist the material into his own style and it sounds cool though. I just hope I'm not typing this for the hell of it because until I read some concrete evidence all reunion talk is fantasy at this point.

Edited by wkuk04

if they reunite, they'll do exactly the same thing they did with inherited material from Hollywood Rose and LA Guns. songs that have some potential and that they all like, will be technically enriched and stylistically augmented to a GnR trademark style. nerdish Bucket-style playing is technically ok, but it falls flat, and somehow small in contrast to "larger than life" Slash sound. Also Slash has those very rich structures that are like a story (with the beguinning, middle and the end).

IMO they would be crazy not to work on a new material if they have Izzy on board.

Edited by Colossus of Rhodes

if they reunite, they'll do exactly the same thing they did with inherited material from Hollywood Rose and LA Guns. songs that have some potential and that they all like, will be technically enriched and stylistically augmented to a GnR trademark style. nerdish Bucket-style playing is technically ok, but it falls flat, and somehow small in contrast to "larger than life" Slash sound. Also Slash has those very rich structures that are like a story (with the beguinning, middle and the end).

IMO they would be crazy not to work on a new material if they have Izzy on board.

:lol:

The bitterness towards CD or any hired gun is pathetic on here. It sounds small because he's not taking up half the song with a solo! Also those rich structures that are like a story? The beginning middle & end, are also what made Slash sound generic in my opinion. That being said...they are both exceptional guitarists. When I owned a guitar..I tried to play like Slash but only Slash can play like Slash, everybody is an individual and I believe that brings your own individual talent. I didn't bother trying to play like Bucket...

If they do REUNITE they will play CD & VR songs etc.

Edited by wkuk04

The bitterness towards CD or any hired gun is pathetic on here. It sounds small because he's not taking up half the song with a solo! Also those rich structures that are like a story? The beginning middle & end, are also what made Slash sound generic in my opinion. That being said...they are both exceptional guitarists. When I owned a guitar..I tried to play like Slash but only Slash can play like Slash, everybody is an individual and I believe that brings your own individual talent. I didn't bother trying to play like Bucket...

"generic" and Slash in the same sentance? :lol: nah - that's bitter (and pathetic)!

Clearly you don't run a business.

A reunion tour is about one thing: money. It's a big business. And any competent business will focus their efforts in such a way that profits are maximized.

So, playing garbage off ChiDem to appease six people in a full arena is just plain bad business.

It's like, I enjoy sardine sandwiches. If McDonald's made them, I'd buy them, like maybe two a year. But it makes no business sense for McDonald's to start stocking sardine sandwiches at the cost of stocking hamburgers, just so they can appease the handful of people who would like them. It comes at the huge cost of pissing off the vast majority of their customer base.

The vast majority of people buying tickets to see axl and slash neither know nor care about If the world or Madagascar.

Yeh... :facepalm: we're talking about Axl rose (not me)... and he hasn't made a good business decision in... well, not in recent memory. And you've missed the bloody point, it's not about you whinging because you don't like something, I was talking about people having different tastes which you obviously can't comprehend. I clearly said the MAJORITY would be far more interested in hearing old guns songs... while there's always a FEW hundreds or thousands depending on the size of the gig that like the obscure side of things... read the comment in full, then reply ;)

Do you actually think they'd be pandering to the crowd for the full 2/3hrs? this is a band that has toured on unreleased albums several times (UYI, CD)... material that your average fan hadn't heard or downloaded illegally before it's official release etc. Is that good business? Don't think so ;) They'll play what they want, and you know what, even if they started off and finished with My world people would still lose their shit. Look at the Zeppelin show in the o2, they played the hits alright, but they also dug deep into their back catalogue leaving quite a few people who only knew the hits out in the cold. Do you think those such people would have known if 'For your life' was a brand new composition or a deep cut? do you think they would care either way? they've still just heard Whole lotta love and Black dog.

I don't dispute the obvious that people want to hear Jungle, Sweet child, November rain, Paradise city, Nightrain, You could be mine, Knocking on heavens door, Live & let die, Rocket Queen, Patience, It's so easy. But after that the MAJORITY don't have a clue. Most wouldn't realise if This I love or Street of dreams were off UYI or CD so do you honestly think people would storm the stage or write an angry letter if they included them. They wouldn't realise until they were at home and then they'd realise "I quite enjoyed that song, maybe it wasn't actually that bad after all, maybe I'm just so closed minded that I needed to see Slash and Duff play the exact same song before I could finally admit that it wasn't actually a bad song".

Your point only makes sense if someone was arguing that they (in the event of a reunion) should split the set equally, Half old guns, half new Guns. Which would be panned after the first show by critics and fans, regardless of the quality of the performance because of the negative stigma attached to anything related to new Guns and that it's really not what the majority would like to hear or have knowingly payed to see. One, two new Guns songs?, yep! even your sensitive ears could handle that.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 2

"generic" and Slash in the same sentance? :lol: nah - that's bitter (and pathetic)!

Lot's of people said original gnr was a hair band, which I thought was bollocks but well...

I was surprised that Duff played those CD songs.

I dont think they would if they did a full reunion of the Original 5. It would be full on nostalgia fest with them doing Move to the City and Mama Kin.

But if just Slash and Duff join for the tour. Then maybe 2-3. Maybe SOD, Catcher, TIL would work. They probably will do some Slash related songs like Bad Obsession and DTJ from UYI era. Duff comes with My Michelle and Attitude attached. Maybe they would just do TIL and then straight into Paradise City.

I'm not sure Slash can mimic Buckets CD material. I hope he can twist the material into his own style and it sounds cool though. I just hope I'm not typing this for the hell of it because until I read some concrete evidence all reunion talk is fantasy at this point.

Fantasy like your CD sales numbers?
  • Like 1

Fantasy like your CD sales numbers?

Maybe maybe not who knows without official figures.

xzTI3qC.gif

Edited by wkuk04

Slash, Izzy and Duff are legit musicians. If GNR reform then they're not gonna be playing songs witten by the fake band under the GNR name; they're gonna be playing the songs they ALL had a creative imput into. Why would anyone in their right mind go to a Guns N Roses show to see them be a cover band of nu-gnr?! It's laughable just thinking about it. It'll be a tour of the albums that THEIR band wrote together, bank on it.

• Like 1