If original GNR will tour, will they play de ChiDem songs?

Slash couldn't even wank his way through most of ChiDem's big solos without bastardizing them with his "technique", so I'd only imagine tracks like Street of Dreams, Madagascar and This I Love making the cut from the album in a reunion tour..maybe Catcher in the Rye also

what do you mean? adding some soul?

I could see them playing CD and Better

As for the TWAT solo it's incredibly overrated. Nothing special about it whatsoever. Those thinking Slash couldn't play it or do it justice or even improve on it are idiots. Sorry but that's just true whether you love that solo or not.

Edited by Bono

As for the TWAT solo it's incredibly overrated. Nothing special about it whatsoever. Those thinking Slash couldn't play it or do it justice or even improve on it are idiots.

I don't think Slash can't play it as it is. It is not his style and there are elements in it that I have never heard Slash play before (not talking about the kill switch part but something that comes just before it).

Do it justice? Don't think so, really. I love that solo and any failed attempt at playing it is jarring to my ears.

Improve on it? It's probably my favourite guitar solo from GN'R, so I strongly doubt it. He could surely have come up with another good solo in its place, but based on his recent releases I just don't see how he could come up with anything as great. Maybe 20 years ago.

Am I an idiot for thinking this? That may be, but at least I accept that someone else might not think the solo is great and thus believe Slash might improve on it. That's okay, we are all different.

Something I should mention (in case it hasn't already been talked about here):

The idea of Slash and Duff playing a CD song or two only makes sense if the rumor is true that Richard, Frank, and Pitman are still involved. Otherwise, playing any CD track whatsoever makes no sense at all

It might not make sense to you, but considering some of the best GN'R songs are found on CD, it certainly really makes sense to me. Do you think it makes sense to Axl? He is, after all, the one who would call the shots on this.

Guns N'Roses shouldn't cover Axl's solo songs. The Stones don't play Keith's or Mick's solo songs, why should GNR?

If they play CD songs, then they should also play VR songs (they're more gnrish than the CD songs).

The idea of Slash and Duff playing a CD song or two only makes sense if the rumor is true that Richard, Frank, and Pitman are still involved. Otherwise, playing any CD track whatsoever makes no sense at all

Yeah because Fortus and Frank were so important in the songwriting process. And CD is so popular out there ! :lol: Edited by My Name is Trinity

The nu band were only playing about four songs from it (on average) for the last two years they were touring. They were seemingly phasing out the songs anyways, it seems.

There's no way in fuck I believe Slash would agree to playing any CD stuff. I can't even begin to imagine the real members covering songs from a cluster fuck of an era and a black sheep record for such little incentive and such non existent reward. It's utterly pointless. 95% of any given attendance doesn't give a shit about nu guns songs. Why bring up such a point of contention when, maybe, at best, 15 people of a crowd of thousands would even want it/appreciate it? The public already made up their minds on CD a long time ago, and it's best left forgotten and buried if a reunion of the real band ever happened.

• Like 1

Guns N'Roses shouldn't cover Axl's solo songs. The Stones don't play Keith's or Mick's solo songs, why should GNR?

Your refusal to acknowledge the simple fact that Chinese Democracy is an actual Guns N' Roses record is entertaining.

There's no way in fuck I believe Slash would agree to playing any CD stuff.

And this is yet another reason why Axl will probably never reunite with Slash :shrugs:.

a reunion would probably be bad for Axl's legacy. It just gives people an easy way to dismiss CD and say see he couldn't be successful without Slash etc.

So if there was a reunion the least they could do was play Better, Catcher and This I Love.

Your refusal to acknowledge the simple fact that Chinese Democracy is an actual Guns N' Roses record is entertaining.

Why is it a GNR record? Because your Prince Axl said so? Guess what, I don't give a shit about his propaganda.

Because it was released by the band Guns N' Roses. That is why it is a "Guns N' Roses record". :D

Just because you don't like this fact doesn't make it disappear.

And this is yet another reason why Axl will probably never reunite with Slash :shrugs:.
And this is yet another reason why Axl is a petty cunt :shrugs:.

And this is yet another reason why Axl is a petty cunt :shrugs:.

He is a cunt for having multiple reasons for not reuniting with Slash, one of the being that Slash, as a band member, would refuse to play some of the band's songs? Ij don't know about that... If Slash is hired as the new lead guitar player, one would think he would be obligated to at least try to play all of the songs required.

If that's really what would cause deal breaker status on Axl's end, then yeah. For all the reasons I stated in my initial post, and also for the fact that it was technically (and legally) created by a completely different entity under a familiar label anyways. To make that part of the deal is ridiculous. For what purpose other than to stroke Axl's ego, and to enable his delusion people want to hear material that they really don't give a fuck about? It'd be like Eddie Van Halen refusing to go on stage unless Roth sings x amount of songs from Van Halen III. The premise is absolutely absurd.

If that's really what would cause deal breaker status on Axl's end, then yeah.

I don't think it would be the deal breaker -- but who knows with Axl? -- just one out of many reasons a reunion will never happen. Or maybe Slash isn't as petty as some here and would love to play on some songs off CD? Who knows? Maybe someone will ask him, if he ever grows a pair and comes out of hiding to talk more about his alleged new friendship with Axl.

If that's really what would cause deal breaker status on Axl's end, then yeah.

I don't think it would be the deal breaker -- but who knows with Axl? -- just one out of many reasons a reunion will never happen. Or maybe Slash isn't as petty as some here and would love to play on some songs off CD? Who knows? Maybe someone will ask him, if he ever grows a pair and comes out of hiding to talk more about his alleged new friendship with Axl.
Look, if CD or any CD song had made a significant enough impact, where even half of any given audience were warm to their form, I could maybe see your point. But that's not the case. Most either don't give a fuck, or straight up want that shit swept under the rug. To make this a term, and to create a feeling of awkwardness for Slash (due to him not liking the songs and/or not feeling comfortable playing them) for such an insignificant portion of the audience that would even appreciate it is stupid. For Axl to walk away from a reunion over it would be straight up fuckin petty.

We obviously can't really debate what other reasons Axl would have a stick up his ass playing with Slash again, as we barely know anything concrete from Axl's end. Seeing how he's a pretty cryptic bastard and all that. Well, I suppose we could debate how he comes across as petty cunt a lot of the time, but I just don't have the time or energy. I'm just debating this one hypothetical point.

And I won't disagree or agree with you about Slash "growing a pair" until we know more about whatever the fuck may be going on. Time will tell I guess :shrugs:

Edited by Bobbo

If they place CD songs, it will be most likely This I love, maybe Better and CD. This I Love would be amazing with Slash, as it was being written in the 90s while he was still in the band.

Slash could definitely come up with something that would make those three songs sound 'more' GNR. Duff already knows those songs too. Question is.. I wonder if Axl will do By The Sword or Fall to Pieces.