If original GNR will tour, will they play de ChiDem songs?

Solo on the demo seems aight.

I think though 10 years later and May didn't join the band, his solo might stick out amongst all the robotic solos. They already had 3 guitarists doing solos and then May as the celebrity guest guitarist.

I think the composite solo is on the demo and we haven't heard his other two.

If he was involved in the whole album and toured then but his involvement seems a bit low key like a favor to RTB. Maybe there's an element of Axl needs Brian May to save his ass.

I look at Brian's hands and Bucket's hands and I think they the same person.

Edited by wasted

I think though 10 years later and May didn't join the band, his solo might stick out amongst all the robotic solos. They already had 3 guitarists doing solos and then May as the celebrity guest guitarist.

If he was involved in the whole album and toured then but his involvement seems a bit low key like a favor to RTB. Maybe there's an element of Axl needs Brian May to save his ass.

You could be on to something.

I think Axl could have a dump on Brian's head and you would still defend the decision haha.

Hell yeah. That's a helluva rock n roll folklore story right there. Its the same type of reason you shouldn't look at riots as a bad thing.

You could be on to something.

I think Axl could have a dump on Brian's head and you would still defend the decision haha.

Hell yeah. That's a helluva rock n roll folklore story right there. Its the same type of reason you shouldn't look at riots as a bad thing. These kinds of things are integral to Axl's broader artistic esthetic. The rants, occasional riots, and incidents are part of GNR's allure and appeal. That goes for the late records, the late starts et al,- its a central component of the GNR experience.

Edited by Mr. Dude

• 6 months later...
On 2015-09-20 at 8:13 PM, zepsun said:

If they place CD songs, it will be most likely This I love, maybe Better and CD. This I Love would be amazing with Slash, as it was being written in the 90s while he was still in the band.

Slash could definitely come up with something that would make those three songs sound 'more' GNR. Duff already knows those songs too. Question is.. I wonder if Axl will do By The Sword or Fall to Pieces.

For the record... I called this exactly... ;o)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Love reading back through this thread knowing what we do now.. So YES folks, we got the hybrid and they are playin Chinese democracy songs. 

People didn't like the news when yours truly announced they were playing CD tunes at rehearsal, but I think they sound fine in the set list.  Like everyone else, I would like to see Axl switch them out with slash solo tunes. 

I'm generally willing to welcome any fresh additions to the set that consists of songs written 30 years ago and performed for 30 years, regardless of whether it is CD or Slash solo or VR. The problem is that while it is fairly easy to change the guitar solos so that Slash is playing his own things, it would be much harder to change all the lyrics, which would probably also mean changing the structures of songs and would be time consuming for Axl (Axl is not exactly the busy bee type, as we know). And just like Slash will not play other guitarist's solos, I don't think Axl will sing other prople's lyrics, especially that, lets face it, most of VR lyrics and Slash solo work lyrics (most, not all) are very poor...

5 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

People didn't like the news when yours truly announced they were playing CD tunes at rehearsal, but I think they sound fine in the set list.  Like everyone else, I would like to see Axl switch them out with slash solo tunes. 

Not everyone else feels that way. Personally I prefer the Chinese songs over slashs solo but I wouldn't turn that down either.

Maybe Fortus is fine playing rhythm on the ChiDem songs and doing just a few leads (Wish You Were Here's first solo). It's unwise to project our own feelings as if that's how Fortus feels, when he might prefer the setup as is.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

On 16.4.2016 at 11:13 AM, Asia said:

I'm generally willing to welcome any fresh additions to the set that consists of songs written 30 years ago and performed for 30 years, regardless of whether it is CD or Slash solo or VR. The problem is that while it is fairly easy to change the guitar solos so that Slash is playing his own things, it would be much harder to change all the lyrics, which would probably also mean changing the structures of songs and would be time consuming for Axl (Axl is not exactly the busy bee type, as we know). And just like Slash will not play other guitarist's solos, I don't think Axl will sing other prople's lyrics, especially that, lets face it, most of VR lyrics and Slash solo work lyrics (most, not all) are very poor...

While I would LOVE to hear them do Anastasia with Axl's lyrics and melodies I don't think Slash would do that out of respect to Myles. Either Axl would sing Myles parts or they won't touch it. And I really don't see Axl doing that.