Axl explains why he doesn't let people throw shit it was in Tacoma

In the first few seconds you hear and see a bottle rocket go off and they leave the stage and come back and Axl tells a story about Lemmy at the donnington show where there was some fans that got crushed to death during GNR set and Lemmy telling he that just after GNRs set Lemmy said this then later they find out about the fans, I can see where Axl would take it heart given what all happened at that show.

I totally agree shit should be thrown at a show of any kind will clothing and things like that are different than bottles and what have you.

Edited by bigcountry

Hate to point it out ................well no I don't actually :P but notice it's always guys that throw things?

Does anyone have footage of a female being thrown out for throwing something on stage or for fighting?

You would feel quite vulnerable on stage when things are thrown at you, what is a bottle rocket anyway? :shrugs:

• Like 1

Hate to point it out ................well no I don't actually :P but notice it's always guys that throw things?

Does anyone have footage of a female being thrown out for throwing something on stage or for fighting?

You would feel quite vulnerable on stage when things are thrown at you, what is a bottle rocket anyway? :shrugs:

Not sure what a bottle rocket is..I don't think mentos put in a bottle existed back then. If you imagine someone hurling a glass bottle from way back in the audience and hitting someone on the head on stage or at the front of crowd that could quite easily kill you or leave you a vegetable. Duff got hit like that and they stopped the show..can't remember if they continued.

• Like 1

Not sure what a bottle rocket is..I don't think mentos put in a bottle existed back then. If you imagine someone hurling a glass bottle from way back in the audience and hitting someone on the head on stage or at the front of crowd that could quite easily kill you or leave you a vegetable. Duff got hit like that and they stopped the show..can't remember if they continued.

There is footage of that & I think they ended the show with Axl saying "if you find the guy who threw the bottle - KILL HIM.

Here you are wkuk04

• Like 1

Here you are wkuk04

Cheers! I'm Outta likes! Shit...bet that hurt.

Well my response is fuck Axl Rose and fuck Lemmy too. I've been made aware of the fact a number of time that, apparently, rockstars are not obliged to be nice to me or respectful so uh, to be quite honest with you I couldn't give a fuck if they get bottled, fuck em. If they don't have to be civil neither do I.

If you wanna go round givin' it large, smackin' photographers, actin' like you're a rudeboy well then you're gonna attract a certain kinda person like that, Cliff Richard don't have a problem with that kinda stuff, you get that kinda element when you project a certain image and set yourself up as being a certain kind of person, so don't whine when people treat you according to the way you act.

And as far as 'we can just end the show now and go home', well go on then, fuck off.

I think it's absolutely fair for them to leave the stage if people are throwing stuff. They're there to do a concert, not dodge flying projectiles all night. Someone who hits a musician with a bottle should be arrested for assault.

In the Duff incident IIRC he did get knocked unconscious -- which is never a good sign in terms of brain injury -- and he ended up having to go to the hospital, have MRIs, etc. and had a concussion. That kind of thing can result in permanent brain damage or kill a person.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Well my response is fuck Axl Rose and fuck Lemmy too. I've been made aware of the fact a number of time that, apparently, rockstars are not obliged to be nice to me or respectful so uh, to be quite honest with you I couldn't give a fuck if they get bottled, fuck em. If they don't have to be civil neither do I.

If you wanna go round givin' it large, smackin' photographers, actin' like you're a rudeboy well then you're gonna attract a certain kinda person like that, Cliff Richard don't have a problem with that kinda stuff, you get that kinda element when you project a certain image and set yourself up as being a certain kind of person, so don't whine when people treat you according to the way you act.

And as far as 'we can just end the show now and go home', well go on then, fuck off.

Well sorry to say, but your post is fucking stupid.
  • Like 4

You're welcome to your opinion but quite frankly to me lifes simple right? Where i dont get respect i dont give respect and also, in an ideal world we'd all be lovey dovey kissey huggy all that fuckin bollocks right but the facts of life are thus, you play rowdy fuckin' rock n roll music you're gonna get rowdy fuckin people showing up, the odd punch up, a bottle flying here or there is par for the course, now you can moan about it for the rest of your fuckin' life it aint gonna make no fuckin difference and if you wanna walk off and cancel the gig cuz of a couple of bottles flying here or there well then goes to show whoose the fuckin' soft lad, doesnt it?

'Ooh what if a bottle hits someone in a particular spot on their head and kills them?!?'

Yeah well what if a photographer falls funny when you chin them at some fuckin' airport for taking pictures?

Whether its right or wrong or whatever this is music that came from dives and shitholes and its content and the aggressiveness of it is reflected in the lyrics and the style of the music and the general behaviour of at one time the band and to this day of the lead singer, you act fuckin' lairy make lairy music and yo attract lairy people to your gigs, it aint rocket science, no ones fuckin' bottling christian evangelical artists with their accoustic guitars and their praise Jesus stuff, you get treated like what you act like in this life I'm afraid.

Learn to fuckin' duck ;)

A bottle rocket is a firework that flies through the air then blows up. It is not a powerful firework but could easily start a fire, hit someone in the head and catch there hair or clothes on fire or put an eye out.

A really stupid thing to do at a concert with all those people but I don't understand why someone will buy a ticket to a concert and throw shit at the stage, drunk or not it makes no sense, Clothing or banners are one thing but objects that can really hurt someone is just stupid and should not be tolerated.

Never seen this until now.

I seen that several months ago.

Axl was just doing the right thing which he has done many times it is just the negative that gets shown so much.

• Like 1

A bottle rocket is a firework that flies through the air then blows up. It is not a powerful firework but could easily start a fire, hit someone in the head and catch there hair or clothes on fire or put an eye out.

A really stupid thing to do at a concert with all those people but I don't understand why someone will buy a ticket to a concert and throw shit at the stage, drunk or not it makes no sense, Clothing or banners are one thing but objects that can really hurt someone is just stupid and should not be tolerated.

That's what's always confused me about it. WHY would you pay money for a concert and make a point of showing up early enough that you get a good spot in the pit...just to throw shit at the band? What kind of fucked up caveman mentality is that? "Yeah, I like this band so much that I want to maim or kill them!" or "Yeah, I hate this band so much that I will spend money on them, show up early and spend hours waiting to try to hurt them!" Either way it's bizarre.

• Like 2

That's what's always confused me about it. WHY would you pay money for a concert and make a point of showing up early enough that you get a good spot in the pit...just to throw shit at the band? What kind of fucked up caveman mentality is that? "Yeah, I like this band so much that I want to maim or kill them!" or "Yeah, I hate this band so much that I will spend money on them, show up early and spend hours waiting to try to hurt them!" Either way it's bizarre.

I dont think that much thought goes into it to be honest, its called being drunk and acting like a moron :lol:

Bottle rockets were more of a "thing" in the 70s and 80s, or lining frisbees up with firecrackers and flinging it up so it would go off midair, or lobbing those big M80s and cherry bombs in the crowd that would occasionally make their way on stage. People still do stupid stuff at shows, mostly at festivals because they think they can hide in a large crowd (not with camera phones and HD house video) so they think they can hide in the dark, but I think with it being more of an older audience and more expensive to see a show, it annoys people when there's someone drunk and rowdy trying to stir things up.

I think those bands rolled with it as best as possible, but GNR already had to pay for damages for the riots, so that might have been why Axl got into giving warnings instead of just ending the show. Doug's probably got a journal full of what went on backstage.

You're welcome to your opinion but quite frankly to me lifes simple right? Where i dont get respect i dont give respect and also, in an ideal world we'd all be lovey dovey kissey huggy all that fuckin bollocks right but the facts of life are thus, you play rowdy fuckin' rock n roll music you're gonna get rowdy fuckin people showing up, the odd punch up, a bottle flying here or there is par for the course, now you can moan about it for the rest of your fuckin' life it aint gonna make no fuckin difference and if you wanna walk off and cancel the gig cuz of a couple of bottles flying here or there well then goes to show whoose the fuckin' soft lad, doesnt it?

'Ooh what if a bottle hits someone in a particular spot on their head and kills them?!?'

Yeah well what if a photographer falls funny when you chin them at some fuckin' airport for taking pictures?

Whether its right or wrong or whatever this is music that came from dives and shitholes and its content and the aggressiveness of it is reflected in the lyrics and the style of the music and the general behaviour of at one time the band and to this day of the lead singer, you act fuckin' lairy make lairy music and yo attract lairy people to your gigs, it aint rocket science, no ones fuckin' bottling christian evangelical artists with their accoustic guitars and their praise Jesus stuff, you get treated like what you act like in this life I'm afraid.

Learn to fuckin' duck ;)

If someone hurled a bottle at Kurt Cobain you'd be sayin how they're the biggest scumbag in human history cause he was Punk RAWK enuff.

Learn to fuckin' duck ;)

If someone hurled a bottle at Kurt Cobain you'd be sayin how they're the biggest scumbag in human history cause he was Punk RAWK enuff.
Are you quite sure about that, me getting annoyed when someone whoose music i like gets bottled, really? :lol: How many times have i posted the vid of Sid Vicious getting bottled on here? :lol: Me and Doom were in My World just the other day taking the piss out of that time Iggy got knocked the fuck out by a biker on Metallic KO.

Therein lies the difference between us Miser, for me its just songs for you its a bedroom love affair with the posters on your wall :lol:

By the way there is a vid of Kurt getting flattened by security at a gig too and I've posted it on here umpteen times before now and made light of it ;)

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

That is badass. Atta boy Axl!

Learn to fuckin' duck ;)

Yup, this sums it up

Girls can't throw that well.

No but they can make a mean sandwich :lol:

Learn to fuckin' duck ;)

Yup, this sums it up

Seriously Miser, quoting your own posts to agree with yourself? :lol: You're actually not very well, are you? :lol: Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

If you are an asshole then of course you shuld expect to be treated like an asshole. Nothing will deny the logic in that. But that doesn't mean that it is okay for others to treat someone as an asshole. If you are stupid enough to pay for a concert ticket and then ruin the fun for yourself and everyone by throwing stuff at the artists so they end the show, then you are a fucking moron. It really is that simple.

If you are an asshole then of course you shuld expect to be treated like an asshole. Nothing will deny the logic in that. But that doesn't mean that it is okay for others to treat someone as an asshole. If you are stupid enough to pay for a concert ticket and then ruin the fun for yourself and everyone by throwing stuff at the artists so they end the show, then you are a fucking moron. It really is that simple.

There's a prevailing stereotype that people who listen to bands like GnR or indeed rock n roll, or punk rock, or hip hop or indeed popular music in general are fucking morons, I mean explain to me the greater intellect reflected in paying to see a fat 50 yr old ginger bloke gyrate up against a mic stand trying to be sexy to the strains of 'Welcome to the Jungle'? :lol: I mean when he's doin' the 'MAH...MAH...MAH SERPENTINE' bit and he kinda runs his palm down his tummy towards his pelvis what exactly goes through your mind? Bearing in mind that he looks like a fat ginger bus conductor? :lol:

You could argue the sane reasonable thing to do in this instance is to chuck a bottle at them, it's the ones staring up in wonderment that might possibly want their heads lookin' at :lol:

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Learn to fuckin' duck ;)

Yup, this sums it up

I told it a million times

mayo and mustard

And now she underground

There's a prevailing stereotype that people who listen to bands like GnR or indeed rock n roll, or punk rock, or hip hop or indeed popular music in general are fucking morons, I mean explain to me the greater intellect reflected in paying to see a fat 50 yr old ginger bloke gyrate up against a mic stand trying to be sexy to the strains of 'Welcome to the Jungle'? :lol: I mean when he's doin' the 'MAH...MAH...MAH SERPENTINE' bit and he kinda runs his palm down his tummy towards his pelvis what exactly goes through your mind? Bearing in mind that he looks like a fat ginger bus conductor? :lol:

You could argue the sane reasonable thing to do in this instance is to chuck a bottle at them, it's the ones staring up in wonderment that might possibly want their heads lookin' at :lol:

Seriously man, making people wait for hours is a sure fire way to get someone to throw something at you...the longer you make them wait the worse will be thrown, surely?

I remember seeing Ozzy back in the 90's (when he was my hero :heart: ) and someone pegged a lighter that just missed his head- almost in the eye socket, would have fucking wrecked if it had hit home.

And that's a "legend" taking the stage on time...I LOL at the thought of what that guy would have done if he had to wait 4 hours.

Learn to fuckin' duck ;)

Yup, this sums it up

Seriously Miser, quoting your own posts to agree with yourself? :lol: You're actually not very well, are you? :lol:

:lol: I stll can't understand you brits. What a strange culture :lol: