What if there's a song in CD about Slash?

Sorry is about Slash. One of the worst songs I've ever heard. Pathetic effort from Axl.

Normally I agree with you but not here.......Sorry is pretty good.

The childish lyrics and bizarrely stupid outro out the song on mediocre category for me. But I respect your opinion.

Sorry is about Slash. How can anyone not see that?

Which is funny, because Sorry is the best song of ChiDem, and it took Slashs involvement for axl to write a good song ;)

I'd be willing to bet Axl has had a good chuckle of that now knowing he's come to terms with things..

Who cares if there is. Slash openly admitted there were songs on the first Snakepit album about Axl. Im sure they can get past it.

They probably already are,

• Like 1

the reason i don't think sorry is all about slash is because he says " the difference nobody cares about you"

Axl isn't naive enough to think Slash doesn't have any fans or isn't more respected than himself? right?

i mean every week theres somebody saying they shit in his orange juice or they wished they broke his nose

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

I think that some lines in most of the songs could be directed against Slash, but then again, that's how Axl writes his lyrics, in a way that you could relate them in most cases. I guess that's why I liked CD so much.

For instance, I think that the outro of SOD screams Slash:

"What this means to me is more than I know you belive

what I thought of you know, has caused more than it should for me

what I thought was true befor were lies I couldn't see

what I thought was beautiful, is only memories".

And Sorry, obviously, is a solid candidate, where for me, Axl describes how he percieved the breaking of GN'R.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Madagascar! Even the title of the song tells a lot how Axl felt. Madagascar, once a part of the mainland, but broke lose, and drifted so far away, no longer a part of the mainland.

I agree - I think there are lots of lines on CD that could be about Slash. TWAT: Verse two is about former bandmates - probably Slash, Duff, and Steven - with its references to “cocaine in the hall.” References are made to lawyers and “non-negotiations”, as well as cheap sex, probably from groupies in “never mind who gave you head”... which I've seen as being directed at Slash and possibly the others.

CD is an old record, with songs written almost 20 years ago, why are we still discussing this shit?

CD should be forgotten, there's nothing good there, only bitterness and stupidity.

We're still discussing AFD and UYI (as fans, not the mainstream that propelled mentioned albums to the stratosphere).

CD is part of GNRs discography and history. And a great album as far as I'm concerned ;)

I'm a relatively new fan and I listen to CD most days. i LOVE it. And saying that it was written 20 years ago isn't really a basis for not talking about an album. If it was then magazines like Classic Rock, which talk about old albums, wouldn't exist. I'm not going to not talk about Young Americans (Bowie) or The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (Genesis) cos they were made in in the 1970s, for example!

I feel like Sorry should have been track 2 on CD.

Chi dem followed by Sorry and TWAT would have been epic.

I swapped my track list around on media player it goes;

1. CD

2. Shacklers

3. Street of Dreams

4. OMG

5. Riad

6. If The World

7. Better

8. Scraped

9. TIL

Interlude: (Live playing of rumoured The General orchestral intro played during some concerts, I ripped this from an asian concert off youtube)

10. TWAT

11. Going Down

12. Catcher

13. Sorry

14. IRS

15. Madagascar

16. Prostitute

the reason i don't think sorry is all about slash is because he says " the difference nobody cares about you"

Axl isn't naive enough to think Slash doesn't have any fans or isn't more respected than himself? right?

i mean every week theres somebody saying they shit in his orange juice or they wished they broke his nose

Nobody owes you and nobody asked you seems more about internet critics.

You say Axl isn't naive enough but he's also claimed he IS gnr and he was always gnr, he's sought to both erase and respect Slash's contributions, it's a convoluted topic and the time he composed Sorry wouldn't have been a time where he was particularly grateful to Slash.

'You know where to put your ''just shut up and sing''... we all know that argument's place in GNR lore and there's literally no debunking how that pertains to Slash though I agree different sections could relate to different origins.

Edited by RandallFlagg

I feel like Sorry should have been track 2 on CD.

Chi dem followed by Sorry and TWAT would have been epic.

I swapped my track list around on media player it goes;

1. CD

2. Shacklers

3. Street of Dreams

4. OMG

5. Riad

6. If The World

7. Better

8. Scraped

9. TIL

Interlude: (Live playing of rumoured The General orchestral intro played during some concerts, I ripped this from an asian concert off youtube)

10. TWAT

11. Going Down

12. Catcher

13. Sorry

14. IRS

15. Madagascar

16. Prostitute

That's pretty cool to have The General intro, I'd use it before Oh my God.

There's so many ways to reshuffle.

Mine at moment:

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Better

3. There was a Time

4. Shacklers Revenge

5. Sorry

6. This I Love

7. Madagascar

8. Riad n the Bedouins

9. IRS

10. Catcher in the Rye