Any fans of sushi?

Black Sabbath

Sushi is fucking awesome. I particularly love it with (smoked) eel.

This is where I recently ate:

http://sushi-mall.nl/menu.html

Tried pretty much all of their sushi.

The Dutch hooray for tolerance! always has it right.

I'm looking at 'Crabby' - 80, thinking with one eyebrow raised 'tf is that?'

Also... Number 9 scares me, what is that, looks like goldfish to me.

Shout out to 31, Chicken roll! (That better not be raw chicken)!

I take it; maki means roll.

The rest of the makis seem alright

The seaweed looks green?

That curry looks alright actually..

Not sure what crabby is! But it's filled with shrimp.

Number 9 is mackerel.

It's not raw chicken. But honestly most fish rolls are better than chicken rolls imo. Eventhough chicken is one of my favorite things to eat.

Also, the food looks better than it does on the pictures.

I'm going to Osaka and probably eat a burger at Universal City. There Takoyaki though I like that. Fried cheese what genius invented that probably scottish. Japanese were over invading Scotland saw some guy battering cheese and just thought stay classy roll prawns in cheese then lightly fry them. Takoyaki is da bomb.

I used this Japanese restaurant for lunch a lot when I was on this course for retail in Brixton, just before the Oval & Kennington - in January 2012.. It was across the road and a little walk, past the chicken shop and news agencies and off licenses; all the popular lunch spots, past all that but still close enough to lunch in... This was a Japanese restaurant, the food came fast enough but it was a little expensive... I justified it, especially on test day; as 'Brain Food'.. But honestly, I just took a liking to the place.

I'm almost certain that all I had there was sushi.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Japanese barbq is better. This chain is called Sumo. Theres a sumo ring in the middle like pulp fiction style. You get your own grill and beef is delivered. I try not to go because so much meat makes you shit blood.

Theres another one which is more skewer oriented. Its like where john woo would have a gun fight. Its all in sauces.

Sushi tho. I go to ones with the conveyor belt next to a supermarket when it rains. Like low budget Yo! Dangerous for yo! Health.

• Like 1

Place where I first had sushi on my 17th birthday

http://www.lacartes.com/business/Osushi/101/pricelists?pid=1101

Place I took my first steady gf when I was 19 so she could try sushi

https://www.zomato.com/london/tokyo-diner-chinatown/menu

Place I lunched at during retail course in Brixton sometimes

http://www.sw9sushibar.co.uk/services

I've stopped off @ Yo Sushi in Victoria Station on occasion

the-belt.jpg

Never ever thought I would like this in a million years, but my kids got me to try it and I love it. Nothing too spicy, but I have tried a lot of different types and I really like it.

I tried this rainbow roll that was a little spicy and so colorful. I like the California and Philly rolls too. I just can't eat anything too spicy. Otherwise I like to try different sushi.

Anyone else feel annoyed by how Sushi is being bastardized bu USA? Rainbow rolls? Cali rolls? WTF. I regret having to feel puritanical about it but I just feel the whole concept is being cheapened when Japanese sushi with its culture, customs, preperation, tradtions, are being tremoved and what is left is mass produced Americanized things that vaguely resemble the real thing. Ouch, I feel awful for being elitist about this. I usually don't have a problem with food evolution. Dies', help me out?

I go this japanese beatles bar that serves food. Koata. I like the mackeral the best really. It got shut down but it moved. If I go japanese i get the fried pork chop and curry rice. Or a beef bowl. Like Yoshinoya is the mcdonalds of that. Asahi draft beer. I saw this place called Joe Tokyo today. Gonna checkit out.

Todou. Too mot sure that spellled right. But those green beans in pod. You pop out like peanuts. Those and Asahi and some baseball. And a shell garage yo.

Anyone else feel annoyed by how Sushi is being bastardized bu USA? Rainbow rolls? Cali rolls? WTF. I regret having to feel puritanical about it but I just feel the whole concept is being cheapened when Japanese sushi with its culture, customs, preperation, tradtions, are being tremoved and what is left is mass produced Americanized things that vaguely resemble the real thing. Ouch, I feel awful for being elitist about this. I usually don't have a problem with food evolution. Dies', help me out?

Not really...

I'm more annoyed about American things being bastardised and resold to us, in Europe or Japan or Australia & NZ... We get our own fake stuff that looks American and it's sold to us but it's not American but people buy it because 'America' sells.

I go this japanese beatles bar that serves food. Koata. I like the mackeral the best really. It got shut down but it moved. If I go japanese i get the fried pork chop and curry rice. Or a beef bowl. Like Yoshinoya is the mcdonalds of that. Asahi draft beer. I saw this place called Joe Tokyo today. Gonna checkit out.

Todou. Too mot sure that spellled right. But those green beans in pod. You pop out like peanuts. Those and Asahi and some baseball. And a shell garage yo.

Whats a Beatles bar?

Just treat it like a separate thing. "Traditional" sushi is my favorite but sometimes I'm really in the mood for giant, monstrosities of rolls with silly things like cheese and tempura. Its like any cuisine, there are different takes on it. There are also lots of "healthier" Americanized types of rolls with soy paper, cucumber instead of rice, etc. Its all about what you want and its all available!

Edited by ZoSoRose

This but apply to any and every cuisine. I detest arseholes that do this shit.

Whats a Beatles bar?
They just only play Beatles music and have beatles memrobilia on all the walls. But it serves japanese food. But not really sushi.

In Tokyo theres a Beatles club which a tribute band going all the time. It feels more like a jazz club. I think its in Roppongi. It had like a Cavarn club feel just a band blasting early Beatles songs and so much smoke. I was out of there in an hour and went to TGI Fridays for wings like a true peasant. Lexington Queen is a better place to hang.

Not really...

I'm more annoyed about American things being bastardised and resold to us, in Europe or Japan or Australia & NZ... We get our own fake stuff that looks American and it's sold to us but it's not American but people buy it because 'America' sells.

Also, when snot nosed Euro trash boycotts America just because it's America... Like they'd suggest Anime over The Simpsons and Family Guy and suggest some German poet I'd never heard of over novels by Mark Twain immediately poo-pooing anything American culture related; Well I have news for you; Europe... USA is a melting pot and more importantly with the American media; THEY SPEAK ENGLISH, that's why I'm down with America, personally; Get over it Europe, USA rocks.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Anyone else here like sushi? I've stuck to the common stuff for the most part any times I've had it, but recently while on a work-paid trip I've gone on two "all you can eat" sushi sessions and tried a lot more types of rolls, and damn is some of this stuff absolutely amazing.

I'd eat Salmon until I exploded if left to my own devices.