Any fans of sushi?

Black Sabbath

Anyone else feel annoyed by how Sushi is being bastardized bu USA? Rainbow rolls? Cali rolls? WTF. I regret having to feel puritanical about it but I just feel the whole concept is being cheapened when Japanese sushi with its culture, customs, preperation, tradtions, are being tremoved and what is left is mass produced Americanized things that vaguely resemble the real thing. Ouch, I feel awful for being elitist about this. I usually don't have a problem with food evolution. Dies', help me out?

Not really...

I'm more annoyed about American things being bastardised and resold to us, in Europe or Japan or Australia & NZ... We get our own fake stuff that looks American and it's sold to us but it's not American but people buy it because 'America' sells.

Also, when snot nosed Euro trash boycotts America just because it's America... Like they'd suggest Anime over The Simpsons and Family Guy and suggest some German poet I'd never heard of over novels by Mark Twain immediately poo-pooing anything American culture related; Well I have news for you; Europe... USA is a melting pot and more importantly with the American media; THEY SPEAK ENGLISH, that's why I'm down with America, personally; Get over it Europe, USA rocks.

Here Snakes how about just being what you are? Instead of arse licking yanks or running around going wah gwan bredrin or wishing you were Dutch for a weekend how about just cracking on with being a white middle class English fella, there's worse things one could be yknow :)

• Like 1

Anyone else feel annoyed by how Sushi is being bastardized bu USA? Rainbow rolls? Cali rolls? WTF. I regret having to feel puritanical about it but I just feel the whole concept is being cheapened when Japanese sushi with its culture, customs, preperation, tradtions, are being tremoved and what is left is mass produced Americanized things that vaguely resemble the real thing. Ouch, I feel awful for being elitist about this. I usually don't have a problem with food evolution. Dies', help me out?

Not really...

I'm more annoyed about American things being bastardised and resold to us, in Europe or Japan or Australia & NZ... We get our own fake stuff that looks American and it's sold to us but it's not American but people buy it because 'America' sells.

Also, when snot nosed Euro trash boycotts America just because it's America... Like they'd suggest Anime over The Simpsons and Family Guy and suggest some German poet I'd never heard of over novels by Mark Twain immediately poo-pooing anything American culture related; Well I have news for you; Europe... USA is a melting pot and more importantly with the American media; THEY SPEAK ENGLISH, that's why I'm down with America, personally; Get over it Europe, USA rocks.

Here Snakes how about just being what you are? Instead of arse licking yanks or running around going wah gwan bredrin or wishing you were Dutch for a weekend how about just cracking on with being a white middle class English fella, there's worse things one could be yknow :)

I had doughnuts in America, that was an eye opener for me, Tesco trying to sell me some fake American rip off calling it a doughnut... and America is a melting pot, roll on the California/Alaska/Philly sushi rolls - I feel.

I went to Amsterdam, did not see 1 Gibson or Fender in any of the 2 guitar shops (out of the 3 Google told me was there) - they had really nice/expensive ornate European guitars, so much so, that if I ever return there, I'd take my 1960's customised Framus Hollywood (fancy German guitar) there just to see what they think of the work I had done to it (I had the guitar when it was old used and abused with a lot of it's vintage spec missing and it being so shaky with the strings and it's iconic tailpiece holding the bridge to the guitar and an old cut out piece of tin from a Golden Virginia tobacco tin as it's truss rod cover). The electronics are American, and really, in the electric guitar world, there's like 2 standardised sizes to fit guitar's electronics; and that's American standard size and Japanese standard size (when it comes to fitting knobs and switch heads to pots and switches; and since I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and this Framus is Les Paul shaped... I went for the same pickups as Slash (Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro humbuckers) (American) so I had all the knobs/switches and input jack and wires etc... All American standard to do those Seymour Duncans (From California I believe) some sort of justice for guitar tone, trying my best to get that 1987 Gold Top Dark Back Gibson Les Paul guitar tone that Slash used; other than that, this guitar is European... Fancy/high end German hardware my guitar guy thought would suit because this guitar was German, :lol:, and extra wood from Croydon/Europe :lol:. - It's weird, in London, we get a lot of fancy American guitars as well as Japanese and European etc... I am just use to whole widow fronts to shop fronts in Denmark Street dedicated to a parifulcar model of Gibson, like the Les Paul window, next to the door next to the Firebird window next to the SG/Flying V/ES-355 Window, next or near a shop with Fenders in the window, next to/near the shop (same company as the shop with all the Gibsons, their shop in Charing Cross Road, around the corner, their shop on Denmark Street) (Macari's) with all the new £6, 000 (more or less around that price) VOS Les Pauls straight from the factory covering the back wall there; even could order in one for you if Gibson do it... across from that shop above Alley Cat with the Fender Telecasters in the window, always, next to or near to where I bought my 1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Red Sparkle Top that all I had to do/wanted to do was have a set of the pickups I like/the same one Slash uses/Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro Humbuckers - those ones; on to the guitar, everything else, even the fact that a previous owner had already installed the Jim Dunlop straplok system strap buttons on to the guitar already, was just like the cherry on top for me for this already perfect/love at first play guitar... - Got that at the shop who likes to shake things up in their window display, with American guitars, mostly, like one week they might have a whole Gibson Les Paul of a certain colour theme next to something with fancy old Gibson, from the 1930's stuff, for example... Last night they had a Japanese sunburst Burny Les Paul in the window that captured my attention and a Gibson acoustic from 1933 and their other window had egg shell white Fender Telecasters in the window... Shout out to Wunjo guitars, across the street from where I got my Gibson Les Paul, same side of the Denmark Street as Macari's, bought enough budget stuff there still, like guitar amp, 12 string acoustic... Wunjo... Have nice guitars in the window... but for like over a month now maybe, they've had this red 1963 Fender Stratocaster in the window... I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, I don't really know why, I have always said I was a Les Paul & Stratocaster guy or Stratocaster & Les Paul guy anyway (those 2 for me are both really really cool guitars, to me), though I do tend to lean towards humbuckers and toggle switch rather than single coils and selector switch, but both really cool guitars, to me.. When I got there I then saw how much they were asking for it, despite it like calling out/sticking out/making me cross the road to check it out and it out alone), in the window of Wunjo guitars... They have a red 1963 Fender Stratocaster that they're asking £25, 999.00 for...

I do not think (to my knowledge) I have ever seen a guitar so expensive... & in Wunjo Guitars of all places!..

I was like my very good lesbian friend when she was introduced to me who in the loud nightclub so I couldn't hear, only reaction was to scream out of joy when she found out I was hetero at this gay bar in Soho this one time - I was screaming like her, out of joy, I really had a funny, scream out of surprise/shock/joy when I saw that price tag on that red guitar at Wunjo.

Just incase it wasn't known to everyone, Gibson and Fender are both American brand name guitars, I guess, you get high end good ones, like the Porsche or Ferrari to the guitar world, if Porsche and Ferrari were American, that's what Gibson and Fender are of like.. @ the uninitiated forum thread readers. :):lol:

Edited by Snake-Pit

Not really...

I had doughnuts in America, that was an eye opener for me, Tesco trying to sell me some fake American rip off calling it a doughnut... and America is a melting pot, roll on the California/Alaska/Philly sushi rolls - I feel.

I went to Amsterdam, did not see 1 Gibson or Fender in any of the 2 guitar shops (out of the 3 Google told me was there) - they had really nice/expensive ornate European guitars, so much so, that if I ever return there, I'd take my 1960's customised Framus Hollywood (fancy German guitar) there just to see what they think of the work I had done to it (I had the guitar when it was old used and abused with a lot of it's vintage spec missing and it being so shaky with the strings and it's iconic tailpiece holding the bridge to the guitar and an old cut out piece of tin from a Golden Virginia tobacco tin as it's truss rod cover). The electronics are American, and really, in the electric guitar world, there's like 2 standardised sizes to fit guitar's electronics; and that's American standard size and Japanese standard size (when it comes to fitting knobs and switch heads to pots and switches; and since I'm a Guns N' Roses fan and this Framus is Les Paul shaped... I went for the same pickups as Slash (Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro humbuckers) (American) so I had all the knobs/switches and input jack and wires etc... All American standard to do those Seymour Duncans (From California I believe) some sort of justice for guitar tone, trying my best to get that 1987 Gold Top Dark Back Gibson Les Paul guitar tone that Slash used; other than that, this guitar is European... Fancy/high end German hardware my guitar guy thought would suit because this guitar was German, :lol:, and extra wood from Croydon/Europe :lol:. - It's weird, in London, we get a lot of fancy American guitars as well as Japanese and European etc... I am just use to whole widow fronts to shop fronts in Denmark Street dedicated to a parifulcar model of Gibson, like the Les Paul window, next to the door next to the Firebird window next to the SG/Flying V/ES-355 Window, next or near a shop with Fenders in the window, next to/near the shop (same company as the shop with all the Gibsons, their shop in Charing Cross Road, around the corner, their shop on Denmark Street) (Macari's) with all the new £6, 000 (more or less around that price) VOS Les Pauls straight from the factory covering the back wall there; even could order in one for you if Gibson do it... across from that shop above Alley Cat with the Fender Telecasters in the window, always, next to or near to where I bought my 1996 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Red Sparkle Top that all I had to do/wanted to do was have a set of the pickups I like/the same one Slash uses/Seymour Duncan APH-1 Alnico II Pro Humbuckers - those ones; on to the guitar, everything else, even the fact that a previous owner had already installed the Jim Dunlop straplok system strap buttons on to the guitar already, was just like the cherry on top for me for this already perfect/love at first play guitar... - Got that at the shop who likes to shake things up in their window display, with American guitars, mostly, like one week they might have a whole Gibson Les Paul of a certain colour theme next to something with fancy old Gibson, from the 1930's stuff, for example... Last night they had a Japanese sunburst Burny Les Paul in the window that captured my attention and a Gibson acoustic from 1933 and their other window had egg shell white Fender Telecasters in the window... Shout out to Wunjo guitars, across the street from where I got my Gibson Les Paul, same side of the Denmark Street as Macari's, bought enough budget stuff there still, like guitar amp, 12 string acoustic... Wunjo... Have nice guitars in the window... but for like over a month now maybe, they've had this red 1963 Fender Stratocaster in the window... I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame, I don't really know why, I have always said I was a Les Paul & Stratocaster guy or Stratocaster & Les Paul guy anyway (those 2 for me are both really really cool guitars, to me), though I do tend to lean towards humbuckers and toggle switch rather than single coils and selector switch, but both really cool guitars, to me.. When I got there I then saw how much they were asking for it, despite it like calling out/sticking out/making me cross the road to check it out and it out alone), in the window of Wunjo guitars... They have a red 1963 Fender Stratocaster that they're asking £25, 999.00 for...

I do not think (to my knowledge) I have ever seen a guitar so expensive... & in Wunjo Guitars of all places!..

I was like my very good lesbian friend when she was introduced to me who in the loud nightclub so I couldn't hear, only reaction was to scream out of joy when she found out I was hetero at this gay bar in Soho this one time - I was screaming like her, out of joy, I really had a funny, scream out of surprise/shock/joy when I saw that price tag on that red guitar at Wunjo.

Just incase it wasn't known to everyone, Gibson and Fender are both American brand name guitars, I guess, you get high end good ones, like the Porsche or Ferrari to the guitar world, if Porsche and Ferrari were American, that's what Gibson and Fender are of like.. @ the uninitiated forum thread readers. :):lol:

This is all marvelous information, dont think i dont appreciate it and everything Snakes but is there any particular reason you just gave me a completely unprompted lengthy bollocking about guitars? :lol: Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Not really...

This is all marvelous information, dont think i dont appreciate it and everything Snakes but is there any particular reason you just gave me a completely unprompted lengthy bollocking about guitars? :lol:

There wasn't any Fenders or Gibsons that I saw in Amsterdam.

And, I'm like wow, centre city and all that.

'Welcome to Europe'.

or, more like

'Good bye USA ass kissing London/England/USA', hello rest of the world?' (bare in mind that this was my first venture to a non English speaking country)..(Had a blast/great time doing it by the way)..

IDK.

London/the UK, is odd, and sticks out, in Europe/probably also the world.

Since we're European, drive on the left and love off America more than the average nation it seems.

Also, this was from a European's hatred for the California/American incorporated sushi, and our doughnuts in Tesco being unique to UK but still called a doughnut and looks like a doughnut but, isn't a doughnut, to some next Dutch doughnut... All edible, some nicer than others, but it's still not like USA or even UK doughnuts, but it looks like one.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I think in his own eccentric way Snakepit is discussing Britain's unique, one eye towards America, one foot in Europe, geo-political role. To quote former American Security of State Dean Acheson, ''Great Britain has lost an Empire and has not yet found a role.'' Some people would conclude from that quote that our role is essentially an oceanic American buffer state whereas some want Britain in the European Union.

It's pretty simple Germany lends money to Greece so greeks can but German products hence good economy.

China lends the US money so it can buy shit made in China.

There's no countries, culture or difference. It's just one giant goat fuck with plutocrats finding ways to generate billions for themselves by selling waste products to people on welfare.

This post is sponsored by Hi-Tiger.

I don't mind the sushi but I prefer the mackeral and beef bowl.

Ippudo is also good for spicy ramen with fried chicken. But there are cheaper places.

Terriyaki chicken is better. So is Takoyaki. Takoyaki is the best. I might go get some now.

Sushi is okay just eat twenty dishes and sample every with Asahi draft.

• Like 1

Get real proper Japanese Sushi. This Californian rolls cack!

Late but appreciated.

True, Japan invented it, but California embraced it, and so what if Japanese restaurants world wide wish to serve this too?

The objection is regarding the substandard facsimillie aspect.

Like my problem with UK food made to look American sold to me but looks like the dish/food but doesn't taste like the dish/food.

Gumbo from Iceland my A'/foot! (the UK supermarket chain, not the nation Iceland). Doughnuts are a prime example of an American product being faked to get my money. :lol: