Tommy wants classic GNR lineup reunion

Wow...it seems some people here were correct that none of the members are on a legal contract, nuGNR is over. God knows why Fortus and Ferrer keep on sucking up.

But its good to hear from Tommy, its good he clarified some things and gave us an insight on some stuff.

Reunions are so common now it's not exclusive anymore.

I know man. Even high school graduation classes are doing reunions.
Hallmark should do cards for bands. For all the occasions and milestones. Yes, it's milestone you were looking for.

High school graduation? So many enemies in one room, only a AK-47 will do!

Wow...it seems some people here were correct that none of the members are on a legal contract, nuGNR is over. God knows why Fortus and Ferrer keep on sucking up.

My guess at this point is because they're the two most likely to get a call if Izzy and/or Steven can't do it. That said, I don't see why they wouldn't get Matt involved over Frank.

My guess at this point is because they're the two most likely to get a call if Izzy and/or Steven can't do it. That said, I don't see why they wouldn't get Matt involved over Frank.

Well maybe Matt wants to keep going with Kings of Chaos?

A GNR reunion is a no brainer.

Anybody against it at this point is as far as I'm concerned not playing with a full deck...I was all for Axl's New GNR up until the dark days of #demented and Fat Elvis Axl, but it's a failure.

Is it counter-intuitive to have become totally disillusioned with what GN'R became post-2011-12 and to still be really fucked off at the thought of having given all those years of support to something you thought was great which flew in the face of popular opinion and the wishes of the music industry execs, only for them to go and get what they pissed and moaned about for all those years?

It just seems a really safe and boring idea to me, The Eagles, Van Halen, The Stone Roses... all these bands which broke up and had a lot of pressure on them to get back together again before finally giving into it. I loved that GN'R were like the black sheep, the one band that you could never see that happening with no matter how much money was thrown at them, and the fact that Axl decided to continue Guns N' Roses just doing whatever the fuck he wanted with it seemed the most rock n' roll thing ever to me. It's already been a sad end to that era with all that potential totally wasted as the band ingloriously falls apart, going back and doing the very thing you fought against for nearly two decades would just be the nail in the coffin from my point of view.

• Like 1

Anybody against it at this point is as far as I'm concerned not playing with a full deck...I was all for Axl's New GNR up until the dark days of #demented and Fat Elvis Axl, but it's a failure.

Is it counter-intuitive to have become totally disillusioned with what GN'R became post-2011-12 and to still be really fucked off at the thought of having given all those years of support to something you thought was great which flew in the face of popular opinion and the wishes of the music industry execs, only for them to go and get what they pissed and moaned about for all those years?

It just seems a really safe and boring idea to me, The Eagles, Van Halen, The Stone Roses... all these bands which broke up and had a lot of pressure on them to get back together again before finally giving into it. I loved that GN'R were like the black sheep, the one band that you could never see that happening with no matter how much money was thrown at them, and the fact that Axl decided to continue Guns N' Roses just doing whatever the fuck he wanted with it seemed the most rock n' roll thing ever to me. It's already been a sad end to that era with all that potential totally wasted as the band ingloriously falls apart, going back and doing the very thing you fought against for nearly two decades would just be the nail in the coffin from my point of view.

I don't completely agree with you, but I definitely see where you're coming from. I'm struggling with accepting that possibility. I"m with you 100% on how I felt like it was the most defiant, rock n roll thing for Axl to do- to continuously refuse the reunion no matter the fact that it would've been far easier and far more profitable to cave in long ago. I"m still intrigued by the reunion, but part of me is sad that Axl won't stay defiant til the end.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Given Axl's age, will he simply stay out of the spot light, or return to it? if he does return, will it be a another new band? or a final tour that see's him and Slash share the same stage? - I know which one the fan's want, but what does Axl want? ;)

I don't completely agree with you, but I definitely see where you're coming from. I'm struggling with accepting that possibility. I"m with you 100% on how I felt like it was the most defiant, rock n roll thing for Axl to do- to continuously refuse the reunion no matter the fact that it would've been far easier and far more profitable to cave in long ago. I"m still intrigued by the reunion, but part of me is sad that Axl won't stay defiant til the end.

the thing is the reason he wouldn't do it is because he was pissed off @ slash- when that is resolved why would he still be defiant?

everybody saying he wasted all this time with the new band- he was just living his life enjoying his money and his family life how is that wasted time? he could have put out some more music, sure that would have been nice. but what he did put out wasn't widely accepted like he was used to.

i doubt he is going to get more session players and hit the road with a new new gnr. it's probably a reunion or retirement. guess we wait and see.

I was for nugnr until about 2011-2012ish..it was about that point for me between no new songs being played,leaked, same setlists and when the Ashba effect set in that I had enough... Also the bumblefoot rumors picked up so..

Dunno man, if the Ashba/Bumblefoot/Frank GNR was your Guns N Roses all I can say is...I'm sorry.

The "band" as a creative entity was dead by the time Ron joined the band in 06 anyway...just covers.

it's a case of people just wanting what they can't have. It becomes an obsession. It's like the Sex Pistols the less they did the more people wanted. If GNR did a reunion in 2004 it would be over by 2008 and nobody would give a fuck. But having the reunion carrot spices up all their interviews or projects. Axl is the wildman defying the powers that be, Slash is the down to earth guitar hero who got screwed, Izzy is so cool he doesn't care, Duff wants to make amends for all booze, Steven the happy go lucky tradegy. If they didnt split they'd be The Stones now some kind of circus show joke, we love you but fuck off type feeling. Keef is falling out of coconut trees with brazilian supermodels. GNR have kept their outlaw status by fucking everything up. They are still the underdog heroes. Fans still want them to return to glory. To right all the wrongs.

• Like 1