Cannabis Culture

Snake-Pit

When were you in A'dam snake-pit? I was there thursday-sunday last week. Second time for me. Where did you go and what did you do? =)

I smoke and sometimes eat marijuana

It's not legal in Sweden

Celebrate how? I smoke a couple of joints but that's not considered celebrating to me. :P

Sunday - Tuesday last week.

I am so happy @ 7 grams on point for £60.00 the other day, so happy.

See now i know you're putting that shit on, where you come from thats called a Q :lol: 7 grams my fuckin' arse :lol:
I buy in grams when I'm low on cash (a G of that good good sets me back 20 bucks here)

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

Quarter or Quad or Q is 7 g's

And an Ounce or O is 28 g's

People round here usually buy in 8ths because it's a less harsh penalty to be caught with. An ounce almost always gets charged with intent to distribute around here

Edited by Dan H.

See now i know you're putting that shit on, where you come from thats called a Q :lol: 7 grams my fuckin' arse :lol:
I buy in grams when I'm low on cash (a G of that good good sets me back 20 bucks here)

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

People round here usually buy in 8ths because it's a less harsh penalty to be caught with. An ounce almost always gets charged with intent to distribute around here

Almost identical round here.

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

Not round 'ere mate, not since Tony Blair was in power.

It just makes sense round here to buy Qs, 7g for £60.00

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

Theres no arguing that 3.5 grams is an 8th Snakes, thats why no one calls it an 8th anymore, its just a draw. I cant even remember far back enough to getting pure 3.5s, nowadays is jokes though, i seen people shotting 1.3s.

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

Theres no arguing that 3.5 grams is an 8th Snakes, thats why no one calls it an 8th anymore, its just a draw. I cant even remember far back enough to getting pure 3.5s, nowadays is jokes though, i seen people shotting 1.3s.

"Draw", that's so white :lol:

I hear blacks say 'draw' too but I just say 8ths or Benz.

It's 1.4g or there abouts now for a 8th/£20.00

Edited by Snake-Pit

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

Draw is white...but rhyming slang which originated from Victorian Britain is black is it? :lol:

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

Draw is white...but rhyming slang which originated from Victorian Britain is black is it? :lol:

I say w'gwan to girls I like.

And I'm as white as day :lol:

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

an 8th here will be usually 3.0

like dan said in a lot of places an ounce is a felony and in some states(oklahoma) 2 ounces or less will get you a potential life sentence in prison. so sticking with quarters and 8ths is what a lot of people will stick to or the lesser dimebags and nickbags.

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

like dan said in a lot of places an ounce is a felony and in some states(oklahoma) 2 ounces or less will get you a potential life sentence in prison. so sticking with quarters and 8ths is what a lot of people will stick to or the lesser dimebags and nickbags.

♪ Brixton, Croydon, Streatham too ♪

♪ Walk the streets of South London ♪

Ain't getting no 3.5g for £20.00 out here, I'm afraid.

Gram

Eighth is 3.5g's

0.7g = a Ben £10

1.4g = an 8th £20

7g = a Q £60

3.5g for a 8th?

Talking to you is like trying to stick my head up my arse sometimes, i swear to God :lol:

Talking to you is like trying to stick my head up my arse sometimes, i swear to God :lol:

It is what it is... :lol: hooray for tolerance!!

Besides posts like these, I was always pretty quiet about it...I've never been into the whole "HEY I SMOKE DOPE!" thing, as it's a lot easier that way.

This. I don't advertise it. If people ask, I am honest, but I don't really enjoy the judgement and stereotypes that come around as a result.

Since coming back from Amsterdam last week, I've been rolling bigger joints.

Just out of pure curiosity, question for all the daily users, how come you have to use it daily?

It's a substance you take that alters your brain. Are you just not happy in life and need that high to be able to enjoy life? Do you have high anxiety and it relaxes you?

Do you - and why - see alcoholics (or daily drinkers) as being any different than you?

My questions aren't meant to offend anybody. Really am just curious as to your thoughts on why you need a drug to enjoy life.

For me, it was the fact that I was mixing tobacco in whenever I was smoking weed (I started in my early 20's). I quit smoking cigarettes, and was effectively getting my nicotine fix from a bong instead...

I only smoke it straight now and have become a far less frequent user as a result. I guess I'm growing out of it a bit as well.

Once something becomes habitual, you stop giving more than a cursory thought to it as it becomes part of a routine. As your tolerance grows, it's very easy for weed to become part of your daily life.

People drink booze/coffee and smoke cigarettes every day and nobody bats an eyelid, I guess I just throw them all in the same class. I never binge drink which is far more damaging emotionally, to relationships and to your well-being -- and I don't take other drugs.

• Like 3

Besides posts like these, I was always pretty quiet about it...I've never been into the whole "HEY I SMOKE DOPE!" thing, as it's a lot easier that way.

This. I don't advertise it. If people ask, I am honest, but I don't really enjoy the judgement and stereotypes that come around as a result.

Just out of pure curiosity, question for all the daily users, how come you have to use it daily?

It's a substance you take that alters your brain. Are you just not happy in life and need that high to be able to enjoy life? Do you have high anxiety and it relaxes you?

Do you - and why - see alcoholics (or daily drinkers) as being any different than you?

My questions aren't meant to offend anybody. Really am just curious as to your thoughts on why you need a drug to enjoy life.

For me, it was the fact that I was mixing tobacco in whenever I was smoking weed (I started in my early 20's). I quit smoking cigarettes, and was effectively getting my nicotine fix from a bong instead...

I only smoke it straight now and have become a far less frequent user as a result. I guess I'm growing out of it a bit as well.

Once something becomes habitual, you stop giving more than a cursory thought to it as it becomes part of a routine. As your tolerance grows, it's very easy for weed to become part of your daily life.

People drink booze/coffee and smoke cigarettes every day and nobody bats an eyelid, I guess I just throw them all in the same class. I never binge drink which is far more damaging emotionally, to relationships and to your well-being -- and I don't take other drugs.

TY

I don't drink coffee or smoke. Just never saw the point in doing something that you know is addicting.

When the coffee machine at my work breaks down half for office lose their ability to work and they practically suffer mental and physical breakdowns. Coffee is their boss.

And in 2015 everybody knows the danger in smoking. And how it makes you breath, body and clothes stink, stains your teeth, ages your face.....and the whole cancer and medical problems they cause.

Funny, I drank and did drugs in college and high school. But even back them had no interest in coffee or smoking.

TY

I don't drink coffee or smoke. Just never saw the point in doing something that you know is addicting.

When the coffee machine at my work breaks down half for office lose their ability to work and they practically suffer mental and physical breakdowns. Coffee is their boss.

And in 2015 everybody knows the danger in smoking. And how it makes you breath, body and clothes stink, stains your teeth, ages your face.....and the whole cancer and medical problems they cause.

Funny, I drank and did drugs in college and high school. But even back them had no interest in coffee or smoking.

No worries. I actually looooove coffee... but I try to only have a cup (max 2) a day. I prefer to go without if there isn't decent coffee, so I guess I'm not so hooked on the caffeine side.

You didn't mention alcohol, curious to hear your views on that. It's a huge problem here in Australia.

Holy shit man, I love living where weed is cheap. 60 pounds translates to like $125 CDN, I pay about that much for the whole oz :lol: $40 a quarter is normal for me though, I only buy more than that when I'm grabbing some for my roommate(s). One of the reasons I don't really like the dispensaries around here is there's no price breaks and it's $10 a gram...

As for edibles and vaporizers and shit, I don't like them, I hate having a strong body-high first of all because it usually makes me feel sick, plus exhaling a big cloud of smoke from a bong rip is almost as enjoyable and being stoned is :lol:

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

Holy shit man, I love living where weed is cheap. 60 pounds translates to like $125 CDN, I pay about that much for the whole oz :lol: $40 a quarter is normal for me though, I only buy more than that when I'm grabbing some for my roommate(s). One of the reasons I don't really like the dispensaries around here is there's no price breaks and it's $10 a gram...

As for edibles and vaporizers and shit, I don't like them, I hate having a strong body-high first of all because it usually makes me feel sick, plus exhaling a big cloud of smoke from a bong rip is almost as enjoyable and being stoned is :lol:

Reason I'm so happy is that because the norm for my neighbourhood Thornton Heath CR7 is £65.00 for 7g on point or £60.00 for 6.4g with them calling it a Q but really it just under; left my neighbourhood to South Norwood SE25 (neighbouring neighbourhood/15 min/20 min walk) to get that 7g on point for £60.00 and will probably reload from there.

69th reply! :P

-

Truthfully, I like living where £60.00 is £60.00, and not $125.00 Canadian.. :D

Sorry, but you're right, weed is cheaper out there.

Here, my own part of London, is either all about Cheese or Amni..

In Hackney, it's all about the Cheese or Lemon Haze... I've found.

In London, you don't ask a dealer if they've got weed;

You ask them if they've got 'food'.

apparently I'm the only one in this thread who actually has a nice dealer, what the fuck is 1.5 grams for $40 snakes!? Fuck man, befriend your dealer, sit down and smoke a joint or something every once in a while when you pick up, that's brutal! $20 gets me 3.5g, ya'll are getting fucked :lol:

Gangster B' like family to me with love and war and she is tight with her 1.2 £20 8th or 0.7 £10 Benzes.

But there's all sorts of loyalty involved too with that one.

TY

No worries. I actually looooove coffee... but I try to only have a cup (max 2) a day. I prefer to go without if there isn't decent coffee, so I guess I'm not so hooked on the caffeine side.

You didn't mention alcohol, curious to hear your views on that. It's a huge problem here in Australia.

Lol. I don't even want to try it and mochas and all those just because of how easy it would be to find something I really thought tasted good! My coworker pays $6.50 a day for some coffee drink. He says it's delicious. I don't want to try it just in case I agree with him!!!

People get mad or think I'm being pompous when I say this, but I'm really not trying to be. I rarely drink. I don't need to "alter" my brain to have a good time.

I can go to a party where everybody gets smashed and have just as good and fun time as everybody there. Except I will always be in control of what I'm doing. And won't have a hangover the next day.

I don't need alcohol to relax or loosen up or unwind.

But that's all just my own personal preference. I partied like an animal when I was younger. And was a bartender for a couple years. I understand why people choose to drink and party.

I just eventually reached a place in life where I can go do all those things without needing alcohol to be involved.

I will still on occasion have a beer or mixed drink or glass of wine. But it's purely for the taste. I can't even fathom trying to find the cheapest beer available just to be able to get drunk on the cheap.

If I had to choose one or the other, I would rather people smoke weed than drink. Smoking weed usually doesn't effect other people as compared to how alcohol does.

I don't care if people smoke a little weed or like to have a few beers. It's just sad to see people that get addicted and have it start controlling their lives. I guess it's like anything. In moderation it's great. But some people can't use it like that.

Don't laugh. But like you with coffee, I'm that way with chocolate. I could have hot chocolate or cocoa every day. And chocolate pie, cake, Reese's peanut butter cups, etc. Gotta watch the weight tho. But if it was healthy, I would eat it every day.

Late to this thread, but here we go:

Do you consume marijuana?

Not anymore. I've grown out of it and have a different lifestyle. I used to toke daily for years, but I've taken it out of my life.

Is pot legal where you are?

No.

Do you celebrate 4/20?

Not anymore. I did, for years.

Pin the thread and sticky it.

....no.

Overall, after smoking weed daily for about 10 years, I can say that I feel healthier and my mind is a lot less clouded. It's crucial for work; needless to say I get randomly drug tested as well. But all in all I don't really miss it to be honest. I just live a completely different life now and things change.

Now with this said, I absolutely think it is safer than alcohol and is asinine that in 2015 that marijuana is still illegal.

TY

Lol. I don't even want to try it and mochas and all those just because of how easy it would be to find something I really thought tasted good! My coworker pays $6.50 a day for some coffee drink. He says it's delicious. I don't want to try it just in case I agree with him!!!

People get mad or think I'm being pompous when I say this, but I'm really not trying to be. I rarely drink. I don't need to "alter" my brain to have a good time.

I can go to a party where everybody gets smashed and have just as good and fun time as everybody there. Except I will always be in control of what I'm doing. And won't have a hangover the next day.

I don't need alcohol to relax or loosen up or unwind.

But that's all just my own personal preference. I partied like an animal when I was younger. And was a bartender for a couple years. I understand why people choose to drink and party.

I just eventually reached a place in life where I can go do all those things without needing alcohol to be involved.

I will still on occasion have a beer or mixed drink or glass of wine. But it's purely for the taste. I can't even fathom trying to find the cheapest beer available just to be able to get drunk on the cheap.

If I had to choose one or the other, I would rather people smoke weed than drink. Smoking weed usually doesn't effect other people as compared to how alcohol does.

I don't care if people smoke a little weed or like to have a few beers. It's just sad to see people that get addicted and have it start controlling their lives. I guess it's like anything. In moderation it's great. But some people can't use it like that.

Don't laugh. But like you with coffee, I'm that way with chocolate. I could have hot chocolate or cocoa every day. And chocolate pie, cake, Reese's peanut butter cups, etc. Gotta watch the weight tho. But if it was healthy, I would eat it every day.

For what it's worth, I don't think you're being pompous at all. It's important to be able to enjoy yourself and relax while sober; I have a very similar outlook.

If you can't enjoy yourself when you're not under the influence you may have some underlying issues that need addressing. I think that's the crux of any addiction - most people take things to excess to escape some aspect of their reality that's bothering them. It's much healthier to address your problems sober than to ignore/suppress them them by self-medicating.

The people that bother me (you don't seem to fall into this category) are the ones that get high and mighty about marijuana, but think nothing of drinking to excess every single weekend. Alcohol has a much higher cost to the community through adverse health impacts, violent and anti-social behavior, breakdown of families/relationships, vehicle accidents, etc... but binge drinking is still somehow a celebrated aspect of our (Western) culture? What pothead have you ever met that hit his wife?

Having said that, I still enjoy getting high. I think there will be a point soon where I take an extended break (or quit altogether) - but I will say this: I feel like I'm a better person for having started in the first place.

There may have been times where I was smoking for the wrong reasons, but I truly feel pot helped me broaden my horizons and really question my whole...perspective on life (sorry for the stereotype). In a nutshell - I stopped caring so much about what other people thought and started doing things for me. I'm much happier now. :)

When were you in A'dam snake-pit? I was there thursday-sunday last week. Second time for me. Where did you go and what did you do? =)

I smoke and sometimes eat marijuana

It's not legal in Sweden

Celebrate how? I smoke a couple of joints but that's not considered celebrating to me. :P

Sunday - Tuesday last week.
Omg! My city feels kind of weird now ;)

Anyway, the weed sold in Amsterdam can be really strong and the THC level is often way too high. It's almost not 'soft' drugs anymore and that should be better monitored. Maybe that would prevent those silly tourists from falling out of windows and such. Which coffeeshop did you went to btw.

And for the record, Amsterdam has way more to offer besides that. It's beautifull city, with great things to see, besides coffeeshops and the redlight district. I just needed to say this.

Edited by MB.