14 year old arrested for making clock

Chris1989

Remember that episode of Black Books when Manny gets a box set of the Sweeney and a cappucino maker for his birthday and spends the night binge watching the whole series whilst drinking cup after cup of coffee then the next morning he thinks he's a policeman and winds up at a police station interrogating a suspect (I'm not a policeman, I've just had too much coffee!)

I wonder if a similar thing has happened here? It's late at night, teacher is watching Homeland whilst marking some essays, drinking too many coffees, the next day the brown kid is carrying a suspicious looking device.......

:P

• Like 2

Looks like the weekly sob story for the PC crowd is here.

Translation: Stop sticking up for the coons! :lol:

Yeah, didn't you get the memo? Racism is over, darkies are all safe now and it's white people who are being oppressed.

Darkies are safe, but you brown ragheads are gonna get it.

No offense to any of you but if you jump straight to the "teachers are idiots" mentality I can't help but think what the fuck is wrong with you. Here's the deal. If that had been a bomb and nothing was done every single person including you guys commenting here would be asking how on earth this could happen and bitching about how nothing was done. Obviously having the kid put in handcuffs was a bit much but instead of being grateful the teachers did something to take precautions and keep other kids safe people bitch about racisim, shout how moronic the teachers were and poor Ahmed this and poor Ahmed that. Seriously make up your fucking mind society. You can't have it both ways.

One of these is a real bomb the other is a clock. You expect teachers to know the difference upon looking at them? If some kid regardless of his skin colour walked into school with something like that, I'd sure as hell want them to respond to it in some way. But Nooooooooo. The rest of society wants their freedom but then when shit hits the fan bitch about how security and precautions were too relaxed. The damn thing is in a fucking breif case like every bomb in the history of movies so..... :facepalm:

12038325_10156140281365397_1306884802749

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

Looks like the weekly sob story for the PC crowd is here.

Translation: Stop sticking up for the coons! :lol:

Yeah, didn't you get the memo? Racism is over, darkies are all safe now and it's white people who are being oppressed.

Darkies are safe, but you brown ragheads are gonna get it.

Yeah well we bout to let y'all know what time it is too motherfucker!

Yknow, with our digital watches we made :D

• Like 1

I know this was wrong, but in this day and age, and yes partly because the kid is Muslim, the cops acted like any law enforcement would do.

Unfortunately, kids are making home made bombs in their garages, so it's not out of the ordinary for cops to react like this.

Besides, the school was the first to call about this clock.

Honestly, the kid's parents should have thought about this project more and discussed it with his teacher and the school before he brought it to school.

We live in an age where 5 year olds bring guns and drugs to school, so I'm not surprised that cops and schools overeact sometimes.

Now Obama invited this kid to the White House? Why?

There are so many problems with schools and people killing other people that I don't think checking out things more thoroughly these days is just the way we have to react now.

I know this was wrong, but in this day and age, and yes partly because the kid is Muslim, the cops acted like any law enforcement would do.

Unfortunately, kids are making home made bombs in their garages, so it's not out of the ordinary for cops to react like this.

Honestly, the kid's parents should have thought about this project more and discussed it with his teacher and the school before he brought it to school.

We live in an age where 5 year olds bring guns and drugs to school, so I'm not surprised that cops and schools overeact sometimes.

There are so many problems with schools and people killing other people that I don't think checking out things more thoroughly these days is just the way we have to react now.

Surely then you'd have to cancel electronics class (what do they call em these days, i dunno) altogether cuz 99% of the stuff you make in there is to do with circuit boards and bits of wire sticking out of em. Should the idea of circuitry, resistors, transistors etc just be banned completely? It's ridiculous. The fact that it's got a clip for a 9 volt battery on it should tell you something too. Could the teacher who taught the class not tell either? Just all seems a bit ridiculous. Do you guys walk around that scared on a day to day basis? Life must be unbearable.

• Like 1

Surely then you'd have to cancel electronics class (what do they call em these days, i dunno) altogether cuz 99% of the stuff you make in there is to do with circuit boards and bits of wire sticking out of em. Should the idea of circuitry, resistors, transistors etc just be banned completely? It's ridiculous. The fact that it's got a clip for a 9 volt battery on it should tell you something too. Could the teacher who taught the class not tell either? Just all seems a bit ridiculous. Do you guys walk around that scared on a day to day basis? Life must be unbearable.

We don't walk around that scared, there's this problem in America in which when the burdens of another racial/ethnic group are in the media spotlight as they are now, some white people feel threatened. So you have people like Val making excuses for this situation, acting like the response was totally reasonable, in an effort to brush the situation under the rug and act like there is no such thing as racism.

• Like 1

One of these is a real bomb the other is a clock. You expect teachers to know the difference upon looking at them? If some kid regardless of his skin colour walked into school with something like that, I'd sure as hell want them to respond to it in some way. But Nooooooooo. The rest of society wants their freedom but then when shit hits the fan bitch about how security and precautions were too relaxed. The damn thing is in a fucking breif case like every bomb in the history of movies so..... :facepalm:

12038325_10156140281365397_1306884802749

The one on the left is a science project the kid in question took to school and in his cunning scheme to blow up said school, managed to showcase it class after class, teacher after teacher until finally one of the teachers took offense to it and suspected it was a bomb. Gee golly, I guess he missed his opportunity to blow up the school.

The one on the right looks like a bomb, I'll give you that.

Edited by Bumblefeet

• 1 month later...

Guess moving to Qatar wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

I don't believe this kid and his family didn't realize how his so called clock looked a lot like a bomb.

I really hope Texas doesn't give in to his demands and I think he and his family shouldn't be allowed back into the US especially with all these terrorists attacks going on now.

He got his free college help so stay where you are.

I really hope Texas doesn't give in to his demands and I think he and his family shouldn't be allowed back into the US especially with all these terrorists attacks going on now.

Are you saying there is a good chance the kid's a terrorist?

Believe it or not but I've actually read news reports that were linking his parents to extremists, the Fox news kind of reports lol.

OK, so after having been invited over to speak with Obama and Marc Zuckerberg last month and having been offered all kinds of career choices, this kid is now demanding 15 million $ compensation after having been wrongly accused of terrorism.

http://time.com/4124649/ahmed-mohamed-clock-sues-irving-texas/

Only in America?

What a jerk

He fucking deserves it.

No he fucking doesn't. 15 million? Really? I'm on the kid's side here, he was wronged, but 15 mill? I don't think so.

I don't believe in this suing culture and everything...at all, even on a lot lower level but arguing on the basis of the way things are in society and what does or doesn't get deemed a reasonable claim, they're not suing because they kicked off with the kid thinking it was a bomb, and thats sort of how the Time article is trying to frame it 'KIDS WANTS 15 MILLION AFTER CLOCK INCIDENT' or whatever the precise wording was, they're suing because of what went on afterwards, or what alledgedly went on afterwards i.e. an attempt to make out that he was somehow at fault or that there was something sinister going on there, and the resultant media coverage, locally, nationally, internationally, making out or suggesting that they had terror links, bumblefeet up there said he read news reports linking his parents to extremists.

Damages means to compensate for a hefty negative effect on a person or persons lives right? How do you think that might effect him and/or his family, the fact that there's, to date, totally unproven unsubstantiated links to extremists made against them, how would that effect them socially do you think? Or maybe in terms of their employment? Or that old chestnut of 'emotional damage' (pack of fuckin' bollocks i know but it's the standards upon which this shit is judged). I mean thats a serious fuckin' thing, imagine waking up tommorow and you're all over the media about this incident and certain sections of the media are linking you to extremism and terrorism, thats no joke, thats suggesting you are involved in or part of the machinery of something that is involved in taking the lives of tons and tons of innocent people around the world. A certain cross-section of the public by default are gonna believe that shit, thats you now to them, thats you forever, a fuckin' terrorist...when really you're just some fuckin' law abiding citizen trying to get through his days graft so he can get home and stick the telly on?

Even at this point, with headlines such as that Time one, it's effectively misleading, like it's the whole bomb 'misunderstanding' in and of itself that they're seeking compo for.

Edited by Len B'stard