Historically Significant Guns N' Roses Memorabilia You'd Love to Own

Id like to have the gibson les paul replica slash used to record most of the GnR records with. But thats hardly memorabilia he plays it still today.

I'm fairly certain I remember reading in Slash's autobiography that he lost the guitar that he used to record most of the songs on Appetite.

I think he sold it for smack before he got to record much of AFD. Alan Niven however gave him a second replica gibson which slash used to record a lot of GNR stuff with and that he still owns today.

The Les Paul he had prior to recording AFD (possibly used for the Spencer Proffer sessions?) was sold for dope but it was a "real" LP and thought to be owned previously by Steve Hunter. The first replica, from Niven, was used on AFD and he still has it but it's retired from the road. Pretty sure there's a Guitar World article from the late 80's with photos of 3 replicas. I know this has been discussed and I can't say why I felt compelled to write.

I would want the Marshall amp Slash rented that he used on Appetite that the rental company had to come steal back from him as he was hiding it from them. The whereabouts of that amp are unknown at this time.

here is n excellent write up on the mythical Marshall that Slash used on AFD.

http://www.slashsworld.com/equipment/amps/the-appetite-amp-story/

Edited by classicrawker

Id like to have the gibson les paul replica slash used to record most of the GnR records with. But thats hardly memorabilia he plays it still today.

I'm fairly certain I remember reading in Slash's autobiography that he lost the guitar that he used to record most of the songs on Appetite.

I think he sold it for smack before he got to record much of AFD. Alan Niven however gave him a second replica gibson which slash used to record a lot of GNR stuff with and that he still owns today.
The Les Paul he had prior to recording AFD (possibly used for the Spencer Proffer sessions?) was sold for dope but it was a "real" LP and thought to be owned previously by Steve Hunter. The first replica, from Niven, was used on AFD and he still has it but it's retired from the road. Pretty sure there's a Guitar World article from the late 80's with photos of 3 replicas. I know this has been discussed and I can't say why I felt compelled to write.

Here is a excellent article on the replica guitar Slash used on Appetite.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/The_Legend_of_Slashs_Appetite_for_Destruction_Les_Paul

I don't have any GN'R memorabilia, really. Not even my old GN'R shirts or posters. Long story. But, if I had to choose something, I would probably go for a gold record or some private collection tour pictures. The leather kilt Axl used to wear would be quite cool, but that would also probably be a bit weird or creepy.

I missed out on a chance ot own something that would have been epic for me personally.

Back when Robin auctioned off his Gear on eBay...

...one of the items he was selling was a guitar pedal he used to record his solo on the song Chinese Democracy.

He also used the pedal to play his solo for it live.

At the time I was in my overdraft so I could not afford to put a decent bid in.

Definitely one of the biggest things I missed out on getting, for me personally anyway.

The is my favourite song and the solos by Robin and Bucket are an important part of it so I would have loved to own that oiece of memorabillia.

Whoever won that auction was a lucky bastard.

Either:

- Axl's mic or IEM with the GNR logo

- Axl's gold jacket he wore in 2006 (and possibly during Patience in 2012?)

- Axl's red coat he wore during Civil War

- Or a significant guitar like one of Slash's LPs or Bucket's white LP.

Edited by MrSoftie

The KFC flying V that Axl gave Bucket

MIN0702-buckethead_hatten.jpg

Wait, where or when was it said that Axl gave him it? As far as I knew Bucket got his two Jackson V's custom ordered from Jackson, but I have never seen any information suggesting that they were bought for him by Axl or anyone else for that matter...

Wait, where or when was it said that Axl gave him it? As far as I knew Bucket got his two Jackson V's custom ordered from Jackson, but I have never seen any information suggesting that they were bought for him by Axl or anyone else for that matter...

I believe it was in an article like Chinese Whispers that mentions the white/red V was a gift from Axl for the recording of ChiDem (could be wrong), besides the Leatherface doll given to him by Axl earlier on when joining the band and his personal "coop" built in the studio

It'd be great stuff if pictures and videos turned up one day of what the studio sessions looked like when recording the album

Axl's "Axl" shoes from the Estranged video?

Honestly...as cool as it would be to own a significant artifact like that, nothing immediately pops into mind. I think that kind of stuff should be preserved and on display at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame or in Hard Rock Cafes around the world so everyone has a chance to see it.

Personally, I'd like some more vintage t-shirts...like actual pre-AFD shirts or basically any pre-UYI tour shirts. I think those are the kind of thing that are more likely to be in the hands of collectors. Hell, I'd love that first New Year's Chinese Democracy shirt but I can't even really afford that one.

This is a cool topic.

Erin Everly's collection she auctioned off is interesting. I wonder if Axl bought all of it back himself

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47307/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Findividual-lots%2F%3Fkey%3Derin%2Beverly%2Bguns%26page%3D1%26items%3D48

These are the coolest items, someone paid over 8K for this
153233_2.jpg

Edited by passenger57

Axl's "Axl" shoes from the Estranged video?

Honestly...as cool as it would be to own a significant artifact like that, nothing immediately pops into mind. I think that kind of stuff should be preserved and on display at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame or in Hard Rock Cafes around the world so everyone has a chance to see it.

Personally, I'd like some more vintage t-shirts...like actual pre-AFD shirts or basically any pre-UYI tour shirts. I think those are the kind of thing that are more likely to be in the hands of collectors. Hell, I'd love that first New Year's Chinese Democracy shirt but I can't even really afford that one.

This is a cool topic.

Definitely the shoes, me too. There was a pair on eBay some time ago but they were really trashed. I do have the shirts you speak of. First GNR shirt, sold at the Jan 18 1986 Roxy show:

http://www.troccolitm.com/Shirt1st.html

Second GNR shirt, for band/crew during summer UK 87 tour:

http://www.troccolitm.com/ShirtRareAsFuck.html

Erin Everly's collection she auctioned off is interesting. I wonder if Axl bought all of it back himself

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/110/lot/47307/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Findividual-lots%2F%3Fkey%3Derin%2Beverly%2Bguns%26page%3D1%26items%3D48

These are the coolest items, someone paid over 8K for this

153233_2.jpg

I wonder is Axl bought any of it myself. Here is one thing from that auction you can own if you like:

http://www.thegoldencloset.com/merchant/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=6ea59f5c3250851c24adfa27ec2cf195&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TGC&Product_Code=M0368&Category_Code=Music

As for myself, there are a lot of things I am still looking for. I would love the banner from the club days. No one seems to know where it is now. I would love the jacket from the Farm Aid show, the Uzi Suicide jacket. As for a regular type item, I would love to have this:

http://www.troccolitm.com/liveracdpro.html?1191875389578