Rugby World Cup 2015

Chris1989

The first two games were exceptional. Scotland-Samoa was a try fest whereas Wales-Australia was a bruising defensive nerve racking affair. Both close run things. It will take something special to score tries against the Aussies. Really enjoyable rugby today. I sat on my arse watching it all day haha.

Best atmosphere I've ever experienced in Cardiff this weekend. What are the predictions for the weekend then? I've my thoughts, but refuse to comment on the Ireland game! I'll be supporting all the Northern Hemisphere teams I think, but I think they all go in as underdogs with the exception of Ireland, but it's a much closer game than people are giving it credit for. Argentina are a quality team right now.

South Africa, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia

The French are revolting............. against Phillippe Saint Andre! In 2011 they decided to take matters into their own hands and ignore thier coach completely, now rumour has it that they have decided to take a similar stance, which is nerve wracking news for New Zealand! :)

I think the refereeing has been awful. I thought the decision to sin bin that Scottish player for a (soft and marginal) knock on was harsh, and then you have the controversial offside penalty which seemed to come off an Australian. In general the referees have been right fannys. That stupid TV hand signal they do for a try which, everybody in the stadium knows is a try, all except the man in pink. What plonkers. It is getting as bad as cricket for the tv thingy.

I think the refereeing has been awful. I thought the decision to sin bin that Scottish player for a (soft and marginal) knock on was harsh, and then you have the controversial offside penalty which seemed to come off an Australian. In general the referees have been right fannys. That stupid TV hand signal they do for a try which, everybody in the stadium knows is a try, all except the man in pink. What plonkers. It is getting as bad as cricket for the tv thingy.

Joubert is a well known plonker, but the Scots can only blame themselves for that, the Hooker throws to the front of the lineout they win the match, simple as. Also I was screaming at the tv a couple of minutes before that when after the restart instead of sticking the ball up the jumper and waiting for the clock to wind down they inexplicably kicked the ball right back to the Aussies!!

Doesn't excuse the fact that Joubert sprinted off the pitch, he couldn't even face the players. That's bullshit right there.

Yeah that is pretty weird but I have heard people saying that he did a runner because he knew he made the wrong call but that's rubbish. He knew he made a controversial call but he believed it was the right one (and prolly still does). I think it should have been a scrum to Australian and not a pen but I have read arguments both ways and they are equally compelling

Can't believe the Rugby governing body have come out and said it's a wrong decision.

They have tried to back him up by saying that he could not go to the TMO for the decision, but obviously all the headlines make it look like they are throwing him under the bus! :facepalm:

It still doesn't excuse him running off the pitch before facing any of the players. You couldn't get away with that at a schoolboy game! But in terms of the decision, every team in the world will have grief with some decisions, it's just particularly hard to take because it's Scotland and it was at the end of the match. If the exact same thing had happened fifteen minutes into the game, we wouldn't be discussing it.