Fact or Fiction: Slash & Axl did meet in 2005

Has this been confirmed by either Slash or anybody else??

If Slash & Axl did meet.... is the whole illusion that Slash & Axl havent talked/met since the day Slash resigned a lie??

March 3, 2006: Axl filed a lawsuit against Slash, seeking a federal judge's confirmation of the singer's ownership of his "own creative works". Rose's filing comes in response to a federal suit filed last summer by Slash, who accused Axl of changing the publisher of the group's copyrighted songs without discussing his decision with his ex-bandmates. Rose responded with the following press release. "Recent media reports that Slash is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N’ Roses. Slash’s actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against me, claiming, among other things, that I do not own the copyright to the songs that I co-authored with my former Guns N’ Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about me in order to garner publicity for himself. As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by me was in fact — as Slash and Duff have learned — nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP. Had Slash and Duff or their representatives bothered to pick up the phone, the clerical error could have been easily sorted out without the need for filing an utterly baseless lawsuit which one can only assume had been filed for the purposes of self-publicity at my expense.

The lawsuit also attacks my integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, re-write history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on me stand in sharp contrast to my conduct. I have at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N’ Roses songs to and refusing to participate in what I believed were potentially embarrassing projects. I have fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band’s history and it’s followers. I chose not to respond through the media while taking the high road in the face of Slash and Duff’s attacks. Hudson and McKagan, by contrast, have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it’s history and believe that the band’s catalogue should be exploited without careful consideration - for the Guns N’ Roses brand and their loyal audience - or my input as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it. For over 10 years Slash, a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator, has attacked me on a number of levels. Slash’s actions whether in or out of Gun’s N’ Roses have been a complete betrayal across the board of his alleged friendship and business relationship with me and the so called brotherhood and band loyalties that are supposed to have existed. Instead Slash has attempted, by soliciting public and media support, to take credit for something that was not his or anyone else’s to take, notwithstanding that Slash played a major part in the success of the band as I have continually acknowledged. In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to my house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform me that: "Duff was spineless," "Scott was a fraud," that he "hates Matt Sorum" and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against me for the better part of 20 years, that I have proven myself "the stronger." Based on his conduct in showing up at my home, I was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case." In a statement accompanying the suit, Rose's attorney writes, "Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N’ Roses legacy and expose the truth. Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl’s preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates."

• Like 1

Has this been confirmed by either Slash or anybody else??

If Slash & Axl did meet.... is the whole illusion that Slash & Axl havent talked/met since the day Slash resigned a lie??

March 3, 2006: Axl filed a lawsuit against Slash, seeking a federal judge's confirmation of the singer's ownership of his "own creative works". Rose's filing comes in response to a federal suit filed last summer by Slash, who accused Axl of changing the publisher of the group's copyrighted songs without discussing his decision with his ex-bandmates. Rose responded with the following press release. "Recent media reports that Slash is claiming that he has always been supportive of Axl Rose and the new Guns N’ Roses. Slash’s actions in recent years have in fact been anything but supportive. Besides the lawsuits filed against me, claiming, among other things, that I do not own the copyright to the songs that I co-authored with my former Guns N’ Roses band mates, Slash has continually made negative and malicious statements about me in order to garner publicity for himself. As an example the Federal lawsuit Hudson and McKagan filed was based on a faulty premise from the start. What Hudson and McKagan attempted to portray as egregious misconduct by me was in fact — as Slash and Duff have learned — nothing more than a clerical error committed by ASCAP. Had Slash and Duff or their representatives bothered to pick up the phone, the clerical error could have been easily sorted out without the need for filing an utterly baseless lawsuit which one can only assume had been filed for the purposes of self-publicity at my expense.

The lawsuit also attacks my integrity as Slash and Duff, in a vindictive attempt to aggrandize their own stature, re-write history through false statements, which have been repeated by the media. Their attacks on me stand in sharp contrast to my conduct. I have at all times worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N’ Roses songs to and refusing to participate in what I believed were potentially embarrassing projects. I have fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band’s history and it’s followers. I chose not to respond through the media while taking the high road in the face of Slash and Duff’s attacks. Hudson and McKagan, by contrast, have told ever changing - and false - stories regarding the formation of the band and it’s history and believe that the band’s catalogue should be exploited without careful consideration - for the Guns N’ Roses brand and their loyal audience - or my input as if it were fast food by anyone willing to pay for it. For over 10 years Slash, a consummate press, photo and media opportunist and manipulator, has attacked me on a number of levels. Slash’s actions whether in or out of Gun’s N’ Roses have been a complete betrayal across the board of his alleged friendship and business relationship with me and the so called brotherhood and band loyalties that are supposed to have existed. Instead Slash has attempted, by soliciting public and media support, to take credit for something that was not his or anyone else’s to take, notwithstanding that Slash played a major part in the success of the band as I have continually acknowledged. In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to my house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform me that: "Duff was spineless," "Scott was a fraud," that he "hates Matt Sorum" and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against me for the better part of 20 years, that I have proven myself "the stronger." Based on his conduct in showing up at my home, I was hopeful that Slash would live up to his pronouncements that he wanted to end the war and move on with life. Unfortunately that did not prove to be the case." In a statement accompanying the suit, Rose's attorney writes, "Axl regrets having to spend time and energy on these distractions but he has a responsibility to protect the Guns N’ Roses legacy and expose the truth. Axl believes he has been left with no alternative but to respond to these lawsuits. It would have been Axl’s preference to resolve disputes with Slash and Duff in private. The courthouse is not his choice of forum. However, Axl could no longer sit quietly and allow the continuing dissemination of falsehoods and half-truths by his former band-mates."

Basically, we've learned that Pearla drove Slash to Axl's (while under the influence, according to Slash's Biography) and he spoke with Beta. Whether this is verbatim what he said, we don't know. When this story first was reported, Slash made an attempt to deny the incident outright. Later he admitted to it, however, no one knows with 100% accuracy what was actually said. Slash maintains that he only went to Axl's to solve the issues over the lawsuits.

Another great GN'R tale.

Edited by cooker

"Not appearing to be under the influence".....bullshit. He was under the influence of Perla (who drove him there) and alcohol. I'm sure he said most of those things regarding Duff and Matt and wasn't just "come on, let's talk". Things seemed to be going okay with Izzy and Axl at the time, he was just working on reconnecting with him and no agenda to be in the band. He legally resigned from the band. Slash and Duff somehow kept some of the band rights and didn't resign in the same way, and there's probably court documents in LA county about it.

It's just funny they needed each other when it came to the greatest hits but at the same time, sued each other over use of the music.

Also Izzy isnt involved in many of this lawyer stuff.

Izzy could have cared less. He was probably fine with Axl owning the name.

Izzy quitted before and isn't even part of the real GNR ownership as well as Steven. So these two have nothing to complain about.

Edited by Free Bird

He just wanted out of all the craziness.

The thing with Slash is he put forth the idea in the media about how Axl forced them out etc. and sued Axl. Whereas Izzy cited watching Slash and Duff kill themselves as part of the reason for leaving. Plus his personal situation. And Axl being crazy and making him take a pay cut.

If Slash had just said good luck and been more like Izzy there may have been a reunion around 2004?

All we know is Slash talked into an intercom and have no idea who was listening.

I didnt know that. He virtually drunk called him.

He just wanted out of all the craziness.

The thing with Slash is he put forth the idea in the media about how Axl forced them out etc. and sued Axl. Whereas Izzy cited watching Slash and Duff kill themselves as part of the reason for leaving. Plus his personal situation. And Axl being crazy and making him take a pay cut.

If Slash had just said good luck and been more like Izzy there may have been a reunion around 2004?

All we know is Slash talked into an intercom and have no idea who was listening.

I didnt know that. He virtually drunk called him.

Slash nailed it. If you're gonna do that, you do it drunk and incoherent. It's not his fault he was the only normal

person there.

"mmm....mmmm.... dis on?! SCOTT'S A FRAUD!"

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I'm not insulting Perla here, back in those days she was the help.

We knew who she was, but to Slash (who isn't on forums all day) she was probably no more to him that his own cook, gardener, ______(insert rock star mansion employee title here). Not a confidant or mediator in any shape or form.

Why would Slash rubbish his then globally successful, grammy winning band members to a member of Axl's staff? It makes no sense at all. Slash has always said he was sick of talking to Axl through entourages when GNR got big, I doubt he played ball here either.