Fortus or pitman gone now?

I don't trust this site

Here's why:

1. This podcast not revealing any names, so this is basically another top secret bullshit and guessing

2. The writer is very close to MSL's board, they are just guessing as usual

3. This is not big news really

If Pitman is out, then nobody would notice

As cool as Izzy would be, it'd suck to see Fortus go.

From when?

There's basically no band at this point

Call it a hiatus or whatever, but 2 guitarists left, Tommy left

Pitman doesn't count at all

So 4tus and Frank and Dizzy and Axl?

Gimme a break

It's either a reunion or retirement

Btw i like the fact that when Ron quit hundreds of pages posted, when DJ left, 70 pages posted, when all the others left a few people posted

Where's NUGNR's fans at this point?

Where's the CD lovers?

I don't trust this site

Here's why:

1. This podcast not revealing any names, so this is basically another top secret bullshit and guessing

2. The writer is very close to MSL's board, they are just guessing as usual

3. This is not big news really

If Pitman is out, then nobody would notice

From when?

Gimme a break

Btw i like the fact that when Ron quit hundreds of pages posted, when DJ left, 70 pages posted, when all the others left a few people posted

Where's the CD lovers?

Cos they are all one phone call away. (Or one knock knock joke away)

If Axl wants to tour it would be easy for him to have those guys on board again. Nobody left on bad terms as far a i know.

The same goes to the old lineup, one phone call and you have a tour. Everyone wants to do it, even Izzy.

Edited by Russel Nash

As much as I love, respect and admire Izzy, he will be a nostalgic accesorie. I've seen him live with nuGUns a handful of times and I think his guitar volume is on 0. He is stiff as a mummy on stage, comes in late for the choruses and looks like he doesn't remember the lyrics. Id still would want him on board, but for performance Richard is needed.

Edited by DIST
  • Like 1

Honestly, I would be shocked if Izzy wanted to rejoin GNR again. Wasn't one of the reasons he wanted out was because GNR got too big of a production besides his drug problem.

I mean unless Axl is willing to cut down and play like GNR did back in 1988, I'm not sure Izzy would want all that attention again.

I would just love for the guys to get together first to see if they could write songs again and then play. I'm sure playing together won't be a problem. It'll probably come back to them the minute they get together, but would it work long term?

As much as I love, respect and admire Izzy, he will be a nostalgic accesorie. I've seen him live with nuGUns a handful of times and I think his guitar volume is on 0. He is stiff as a mummy on stage, comes in late for the choruses and looks like he doesn't remember the lyrics. Id still would want him on board, but for performance Richard is needed.

Spot on about Izzy

• Like 1

I don't care about Axl's band but I'd love to see the hack Pitman not associated with the GNR name anymore, what a talentless hack Pitman is, dear God. Mediocre musician, terrible producer, can't even come up with his own pointless ambient intros :lol:

Axl got some very talented musicians for his solo project which he calls GNR. Pitman is not one of them.

If the World and Madagascar are my two favorite ballads on CD so I think you a bit harsh.

Tommy fits the time line. Fortus had his chance. I think if you want specualte a certain way, Slash and Duff are confirmed, but Izzy isn't as nailed by promoters. So Fortus could be part of it if Izzy doesnt or he's one of the 3-guitars. Frank is solid where Adler is not. Matt might not want to if Steven can't.

But also if the band remains the same Axl won't lose whatever creative and familarity he has with Frank, Fortus, Dizzy and Slash and Duff can get paid for the tour without the risk of late shows/riots etc.

Ok die hards want the purity of the original 5. The media can sell that and promoters might pay more for that and the band chemistry would be rekindled for a record.

Axl has said why that might not work.

How people have read into this as "another member leaving" is beyond me. My best guess is the guy thought he was just about to have some guns new that he could talk about so he scheduled an interview... as all things GNR, things changed! Mitch or whoever was speaking is bent out of shape here... "where's my exclusive??" might be a leap, but maybe he didn't get the big news with his podcast and that little story was to earn a few extra listens. Not a bad interview(er), but there's an awful lot of flab, I much prefer Eddie Trunk or even Jericho both of which do great, to the point interviews.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

They won't. Too much interchange at drummer and rhythm guitar for them to even consider it.

ALX------------AXL----------AXL-------AXL

SLASH--------SLASH-------SLASH---SLASH

DUFF----------DUFF--------DUFF-----DUFF

[Guitarist]------Izzy----------Gilby------Richard

[Drummer]-----Steven-------Matt------Frank

I agree with all that except for Frank... Bring back that Brain guy or bring in Brent Fitz if they have to.. Anyone but Frank.. Steven is my # 1 choice though.

• Like 1

How people have read into this as "another member leaving" is beyond me. My best guess is the guy thought he was just about to have some guns new that he could talk about so he scheduled an interview... as all things GNR, things changed! Mitch or whoever was speaking is bent out of shape a little here... "where's my exclusive??" might be a leap, but maybe he didn't get the big news with his podcast and that little story was to earn a few extra listens. Not a bad interview(er), but there's an awful lot of flab, I much prefer Eddie Trunk or even Jericho both of which do great, to the point interviews.

unless someone has some inside info that's what i take away from it

Having 3 guitarist would suck and how anyone wouldn't want Izzy to be part of this is beyond me. Who gives a fuck if he just stands there.. That is what he does. The chemistry between him and Slash is unmatched and his background vocals sound right. Of course he sounded drowned out in NuGnR.. He wasn't in the band and there were 10 other people on stage.

Having 3 guitarist would suck and how anyone wouldn't want Izzy to be part of this is beyond me. Who gives a fuck if he just stands there.. That is what he does. The chemistry between him and Slash is unmatched and his background vocals sound right. Of course he sounded drowned out in NuGnR.. He wasn't in the band and there were 10 other people on stage.

just being realistic- from what i read he has never completed a world tour.

if it's a one off sure i'd love to have him on board- huge tour- different story there.

*fist bumps*

Izzy has said before that he would be (willing to be) part of a reunion, just speculation but I think he'd make a more concerted effort if it was the old band back together rather than a guest spot at one of Axl's gigs.

• Like 1

Pitman was just with Axl last week according to the twitter pictures they posted.

Alternativenation is a website that get's their sources from silly threads like this and the podcast they listed had a discussion about whether Bumblefoot is still in the band. Seriously :(.

• Like 1

From when?

Gimme a break

Where's the CD lovers?

I really have no idea what you mean by "from when," but my post means what it says. If there's a reunion, it'd be cool to have Izzy back, but it'd suck to see Fortus go. He's a great rhythm player and I think a genuinely cool dude from what people have said.

Also, I'm still a big Axl supporter and I'm still a fan of NuGNR, but mainly from back in the early-mid 2000s, when Axl had a fire in his belly and an utterly wild band of great musicians.

My guess is that Pitman, Fortus, and Frank stay. Axl would be too cornered by a full blown reunion.

Yeah, I see at least someone from New Guns sticking around. As someone else posted elsewhere, I don't see (or even really want) Axl to 100% fully throw away what he's worked on for the last two decades and do a cash-grab reunion show. Of course, I'd still go though.