How much has CD sold as of 2015?

1 hour ago, twenty-nine said:

Where do you even buy it? Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, none of them have it. A CD shop? Is it used? 

It just makes me wonder, people who think the album has seen an increase in sales over they years (and after the reunion)-ok, where did people buy the album? Is it still being pressed? Are there no more new copies and just old stock (finally) being sold? 

The 1st two places I checked online you can still order it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/chinese-democracy-cd/9792722.p?skuId=9792722

http://www.target.com/p/guns-n-roses-chinese-democracy-cd/-/A-12228449

1 hour ago, twenty-nine said:

Where do you even buy it? Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart, none of them have it. A CD shop? Is it used? 

It just makes me wonder, people who think the album has seen an increase in sales over they years (and after the reunion)-ok, where did people buy the album? Is it still being pressed? Are there no more new copies and just old stock (finally) being sold? 

It's new, I'm Canadian so we still have HMV floating around. I grabbed it there. If I didn't need it that day I would've just bought it used on Amazon. (23 cents plus shipping!)

On 23/09/2015 at 11:46 AM, Slash787 said:

But how was it split between the band? Axl put his money, so its obvious he would take a higher %, so any idea how much % who got of the CD Sales?

That depends on the musicians contracts. They might not own any of the material they wrote, even though they received writing credits. Could be in their contracts that they just get a fixed rate and credit. No extra for album sales as they weren't partners in gnr, just employees. 

I'd guess that the guys were paid salary for recording g time and that's where the $ ended as far as CD is concerned.

I guess someone needs to interview a disgruntled ex-CD era member if we can find any ?, and they sort this debate it out once and for all, might give us a closer total sales figure too.