Spinal Tap > NuGNR

Dr. Who

This is one of the most ridiculous threads ever. I love Spinal Tap and the film is one of my all-time favorite films, but to say they're better than any incarnation of GN'R is hysterical.

And for the record, they released one amazing album, one mediocre album, and one that was literally just note-for-note re-recordings of older songs.

• Like 3

This is one of the most ridiculous threads ever. I love Spinal Tap and the film is one of my all-time favorite films, but to say they're better than any incarnation of GN'R is hysterical.

And for the record, they released one amazing album, one mediocre album, and one that was literally just note-for-note re-recordings of older songs.

The irony is though, the actual joke-band was run less shitty than the current iteration of GN'R run by the Lebeis clan.

The irony is though, the actual joke-band was run less shitty than the current iteration of GN'R run by the Lebeis clan.
Are you saying Spinal Tap's real-life management team, or or Ian and Jeanine in the film? I'm sure in real life Spinal Tap had a perfectly functional management team. But I wouldn't go as far as saying TB are worse than the management n the film, who booked the band into an airforce base and second-billed to a puppet show at a theme park, allowed an 18 inch Stonehenge stage prop to be built (and used), commissioned album artwork without the band's knowledge or consent, and wrote off cancelled gigs in major markets as "not being a college town".
  • Like 1

Guns have increasingly resembled Spinal Tap, except the Tap released albums haha!

You remember when Axl was going on about 'trilogies' and 'industrial' music? It reminded me then and still does of that scene after Nige leaves when the remaining two do 'Jazz Odyssey', a free-form jazz exploration - ''You are witnesess at the new birth of Spinal Tap Mark II, hope you enjoy our new direction'' - and later discuss ''doing a collection of...acoustic numbers with the London Philharmonic'' and a concept album on Jack the Ripper, 'Saucy Jack'.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Spinal Tap, musically speaking, is one of the best bands ever. Those guys can do ANYTHING. Metal? They do Spinal Tap. Bluegrass? The Folksmen. I don't give a shit that the music they make is for comedy movies. They write real songs, really play their instruments, sing real harmonies, and goddamn if they don't do it better than most musicians out there. I wouldn't say that they're "better" than Guns, based on what you appear to mean by "better," but musically they're spectacular.

Not to mention that they do it all with a sense of humor about themselves.

http://www.videobash.com/video_show/fall-out-boy-quot-my-songs-know-what-you-did-in-the-dark-quot-649085

• Like 1