Paul Walker's daughter sues Porsche

Słash

The website, quoting legal documents, says his seatbelt "snapped Walker's torso back with thousands of pounds of force, thereby breaking his ribs and pelvis," and trapping him when the vehicle caught fire.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the document claims the car lacked "features that could have prevented the accident or, at a minimum, allowed Paul Walker to survive the crash".

Mr Rodas' widow filed a similar case last year, but Porsche said the crash was his fault, rather than down to design flaws.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34387471

So he'd still be alive if it wasn't for that pesky seatbelt?

I doubt, his friend who was driving was speeding too much, its an unfortunate incident, but the way it crashed and the speed he was driving at, they would have died in any car.

This was one of the comments on FB "Its like someone dances and slip on floor, and then sue floor for hurting them"

She must be furious.

2 Fast 2 Soon

• Like 3

Eventhough it's a legitimate claim, Porsche surely has an army of lawyers that will probably work it out.

Still, the fact that the victim is a public figure will surely play it's part, so I'm thrilled to see how this goes

From what I see, this will be over in 2 days, she has ZERO chances of winning.

I doubt, his friend who was driving was speeding too much, its an unfortunate incident, but the way it crashed and the speed he was driving at, they would have died in any car.

This was one of the comments on FB "Its like someone dances and slip on floor, and then sue floor for hurting them"

She must be furious.

2 Fast 2 Soon

Or suing McDonalds because you're fat.

Oh wait.

• Like 2

She must be furious.

2 Fast 2 Soon

Or suing McDonalds because you're fat.

Oh wait.

Yes, Americans do seem to be very interested in relinquishing responsibility when acting dumb and negligent.

EDIT: I'm American btw, figured I'd mention that before the comment is taken as an attack.

EDIT #2: And while I'm at it, may as well comment on the topic. This is beyond dumb, I do empathize with the girl, she lost a parent, that sucks. But it's not Porsche's fault. If anything, blame the driver doing 94mph on public roads.

Edited by OmarBradley

After VW last week were under fire for cheating US emissions tests, and this week Audi, and now this whole Porsches are unsafe when wrapped around a tree nonsense...

I've got to say, this is the third time now, in so long, like a week, that has seen legal action in America against a German auto manufacturer.

Edited by Snake-Pit

I don't get this. If they weren't stunt driving at high speeds, the accident would have never happened in the first place. And it's also a little too late to press charges IMO. This is petty.

Well now if indeed Porsche's seatbelt did infact disable the late Paul Walker from exiting the burning vehicle then compensation aside, wouldn't it just be a safety issue with the car?

Edited by Snake-Pit

I don't get this. If they weren't stunt driving at high speeds, the accident would have never happened in the first place. And it's also a little too late to press charges IMO. This is petty.

Well now if indeed Porsche's seatbelt did infact disable the late Paul Walker from exiting the burning vehicle then compensation aside, wouldn't it just be a safety issue with the car?
Yeah, they should be required to fit one of those seat belts that don't keep you in your chair in a 90mph crash.
  • Like 2

Yeah, they should be required to fit one of those seat belts that don't keep you in your chair in a 90mph crash.

Or if it was used in an 90mph crash, perhaps a seatbelt that didn't break the limbs and ribs of the poor occupant depending on it for safety.

Or if it was used in an 90mph crash, perhaps a seatbelt that didn't break the limbs and ribs of the poor occupant depending on it for safety.
You mean the type that could bring a person from 90mph to a dead stop instantly without causing any injury?
  • Like 1

You mean the type that could bring a person from 90mph to a dead stop instantly without causing any injury?

I mean it's 12:30am, and the type that allows for investigation and safety tests perhaps for the development of such a seatbelt.

I mean it's 12:30am, and the type that allows for investigation and safety tests perhaps for the development of such a seatbelt.
So one of those anti laws of physics seat belts I've heard so much about? :lol:
  • Like 1