Feelings on this Axl quote?

What are your thoughts on this Axl quote from a few years ago.

"More importantly I'd like to thank the fans for being there over the years, making any success we've had possible and for enjoying and supporting Guns N' Roses music."

I really like the "making any success we've had possible" part.

Edited by Apollo

It just shows how we the fans are responsible for his success and good life and he's the first one to acknowledge that. Anyone who disagrees with it is clearly a delusional fanatic who shouldn't be allowed to post here (or to have internet acess).

I think he meant it. The other side of it imo, is that he's insecure so any "demands" from the fans like real updates, release dates, or normal communication means more pressure for him if I had to guess.

It's still just an excuse to not actually face the many responsibilities that comes from being a band leader. It's not working for the fans, and frankly, more control and power didn't seem to work for Guns or Axl very well as well.

I like Chinese. 1 album in 24 years speaks for itself though. "Nobody owes you one god damn thing", but he'll probably be pumping gas right now as a second job like Paul Huge if it wasn't for the fans.

And it's not like we ask too much. We ask for what almost every band delivers with pleasure, and even if they can't manage to pull it off in time, there's still respect and even apologies involved to keep the fan base somewhat understanding which only helps the band itself. Not comments like "complaints, complaints, complaints" from the house keeper.

Edited by Rovim

It just shows how we the fans are responsible for his success and good life and he's the first one to acknowledge that. Anyone who disagrees with it is clearly a delusional fanatic who shouldn't be allowed to post here (or to have internet acess).

Axl's own words certainly do seem to demolish the opinions of a few posters on here who continually argue that point.

One poster even told me I was delusional for saying that you could find quotes from pretty much every successful artist giving thanks to their fans for their success.

I guess those posters will now twist the words that came straight from Axl's mouth into meaning something else.

I think he meant it. The other side of it imo, is that he's insecure so any "demands" from the fans like real updates, release dates, normal communication means more pressure for him if I had to guess.

It's still just an excuse to not actually face the many responsibilities that comes from being a band leader. It's not working for the fans, and frankly, more control and power didn't seem to work for Guns or Axl very well as well.

I like Chinese. 1 album in 24 years speaks for itself though. "Nobody owes you one god damn thing", but he'll probably be pumping gas right now as a second job like Paul Huge if it wasn't for the fans.

And it's not like we ask too much. We ask for what almost every band delivers with pleasure, and even if they can't manage to pull it off in time, there's still respect and even apologies involved to keep the fan base somewhat understanding which only helps the band itself. Not comments like "complaints, complaints, complaints" from the house keeper.

Great post.

Axl's own words certainly do seem to demolish the opinions of a few posters on here who continually argue that point.

One poster even told me I was delusional for saying that you could find quotes from pretty much every successful artist giving thanks to their fans for their success.

I guess those posters will now twist the words that came straight from Axl's mouth into meaning something else.

I think he meant it. The other side of it imo, is that he's insecure so any "demands" from the fans like real updates, release dates, normal communication means more pressure for him if I had to guess.

Great post.

Frank Zappa had contempt for the audience.

And yet I don't think he released 1 album in 24 years. Good example, cause he worked with a shred master on a solo album and pumped out that shit very quickly at least compared to Axl.

Plus, I don't believe Axl has contempt for the audience, only to detractors.

Edited by Rovim

And yet I don't think he released 1 album in 24 years. Good example, cause he worked with a shred master on a solo album and pumped out that shit very quickly at least compared to Axl.

Who said anything about albums? I don't know what you're talking about.

Edited by Mr. Dude

Balboa

Pay attention brother. This thread was about what Axl's feelings were towards the fans. It went against what he also said which was that he doesn't owe anything to the fans. You said Frank also had contempt, and I said I disagreed and explained my view on it. For further clarification of various matters, I'm always available when I'm here cause I know you need that little push sometimes.

Hulk Hogan

Edited by Rovim

Balboa

Pay attention brother. This thread was about what Axl feelings were towards the fans. It went against what he also said which was that he doesn't owe anything to the fans. You said Frank also had contempt, and I said I disagreed and explained my view on it. For further clarification of various matters, I'm always available when I'm here cause I know you need that little push sometimes.

Hulk Hogan.

Exactly. I just didn't see what albums had to do with the subject in question. I agree with you about the Hogan part though.

Balboa

Pay attention brother. This thread was about what Axl feelings were towards the fans. It went against what he also said which was that he doesn't owe anything to the fans. You said Frank also had contempt, and I said I disagreed and explained my view on it. For further clarification of various matters, I'm always available when I'm here cause I know you need that little push sometimes.

Hulk Hogan

Zappa mocks his audience on his own records so I don't see your point there either.

I just didn't see what albums had to do with the subject in question.

Basically, the connection is that Axl may resent fans of his that demand more than what he's giving them, when he chooses to give them something.

It mainly involves albums. The legitimate complaint for me is that we only have one of those from new Guns in 24 years.

Still, that doesn't mean he feels contempt for his fans in general. And Frank had an entirely different relationship with his fans and with people.

Edited by Rovim

I just didn't see what albums had to do with the subject in question.

Basically, the connection is that Axl may resent fans of his that demand more than what he's giving them, when he chooses to give them something.

It mainly means albums. And the legitimate complaint for me is that we only have one of those from new Guns in 24 years.

Still, that doesn't mean he feels contempt for his fans in general. And Frank had an entirely different relationship with his fans and to people.

What does Hulk Hogan have to do with anything?

Great post.

Can we stick to the actual topic please.

I know you like to derail in an attempt to by funny.

My grandpa smoked and drank every day from age 13 until he died at age 86. That one example doesn't prove that smoking and drinking are actually healthy for you.

You can find a weird example in almost every topic. But let's talk about what the overwhelming number of artists actually do.

Edited by Mr. Dude

When you wait 2 hours extra for a show to start it doesn't make you feel like you are appreciated. 1 album since the implosion is ridiculous. Half ass managers that do not know how to use modern ways of connecting with the fan base and blaming them for being negative. As far as Axl's quote I'd say it's just a bunch of garbage that came to mind at the time. Actions speak louder than words and actions have been whispering for decades. But after saying all that,Axl is my favorite singer and I have enjoyed all versions of GNR and all their albums.

When you wait 2 hours extra for a show to start it doesn't make you feel like you are appreciated. 1 album since the implosion is ridiculous. Half ass managers that do not know how to use modern ways of connecting with the fan base and blaming them for being negative. As far as Axl's quote I'd say it's just a bunch of garbage that came to mind at the time. Actions speak louder than words and actions have been whispering for decades. But after saying all that,Axl is my favorite singer and I have enjoyed all versions of GNR and all their albums.

Frustration and being a Guns fan go hand in hand. In the mean time, you've got bands like Iron Maiden with a frontman that is recovering from cancer. Still released a great album and still a tour.

Either you want to do it, or you don't. We are talking about a finished album according to Axl. Why doesn't he at least share with us even the title of it? release date? anything at all? 7 years after Chinese is released.

It's disrespectful. He can't seriously expect the fans to accept this shit without making some bitter remarks. The criticism is valid cause he's the one who talked about a trilogy, and a year and a half ago a finished album.

And it's total lack of real communication. 2 guitar players left and one bass player. No reaction from Axl. Not logical or very confident, but I guess keeping the fans in the dark is one way to do it when you're so crippled by insecurities and self importance that you start to view your own fans as a threat.

Edited by Rovim

I think Axl appreciates the fans.

You believe that? The guy cannot even bring himself to give his fans an album to enjoy.

That to me is something else.

I'm sure he understands that his money comes from people buying his stuff. And is grateful for that.