Gun Control/Rights Thread

RussTCB

So now I don't even get a reply from Downzy

This is why I like @PappyTron, the whole world is after him but at least as a friend he cares to reply.

What is happening now days is totally wrong, but there are small small things which triggers the brain of the other person, people just tend to bring in religion, he is a muslim, he is a jew, he is this, he is that, if he is white then he would have some medical problem, but if he is black then he is called names.

No one likes to be ignored, some people want to be friends, but there are some people who just think bad about you and totally ignore you, if some one asks questions then he is to be blamed, we should treat everyone equally.

• Like 1

the orlando shooter was turned down by a gun store for acting suspicious, when he tried to purchase body armor and bulk amounts of ammo. the gun store owner called the authorities, who like the FBI, completely dropped the ball(go figure).

• Like 1

On 6/16/2016 at 6:47 PM, bran said:

the orlando shooter was turned down by a gun store for acting suspicious, when he tried to purchase body armor and bulk amounts of ammo. the gun store owner called the authorities, who like the FBI, completely dropped the ball(go figure).

That is becasue the FBI is too busy wasting time, resources and our tax dollars, est. to be over $20 million and counting, with important cases like the Hillary e-mail political witchhunt........... ;)

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/05/taxpayer_tab_for_investigating_hillary_over_20_million.html

But really I blame the Washington politicians who are the bitches of the NRA and Gun Lobby's for our lack of realistic gun control legislation that balances the 2nd amendment rights with the safety of the public..........

Edited by classicrawker

both gun bills have died on a straight party vote(shocking) sucks about the universal background checks, which i'am in favor of, but the no fly no buy needed to die. a secret list made by politicians with no way of appealing, isn't acceptable. i like the republicans counter, but 72 hours wasn't enough time. i would go maybe a month.

love the nra boogeyman, is quite hilarious. this whole thing was just a political side show, so each side could beat the other side over the head for election votes, nothing more. they care more about their careers than any life.

“Some of this is going to turn into an electoral operation,” Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who led the Senate Democrats’ nearly 15-hour gun filibuster last week, said an interview Monday. “I’m going to be turning my attention to the November election. I’m going to take some of my energy and help make sure that people who cast the wrong vote don’t come” back to the Senate.

have to love it, come out to vote guys, we totally care about you....just make sure you check the D

Republicans and Democrats put forward dueling background check proposals: Democrats are reviving the core of a bipartisan plan from 2013 that would establish a universal background checks system, including at gun shows and for Internet sales. But their current measure is broader than the version from three years ago, drafted by Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Pat Toomey (R-Pa.). That effectively ensured Toomey, whom Democrats want to oust from his Senate seat this fall, would vote against it, and the measure failed on a 44-56 vote. All four proposals needed 60 votes to advance.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/senate-gun-votes-224560#ixzz4CH4bDLPv 

shame really since both parties had some good ideas.

Edited by bran

• 1 month later...

When you say that I am being unreasonable, what you really mean is that you don't like the fact that I disagree with you over whether it is acceptable to violate the rights of people by denying them due process. Putting people on watch lists whilst they go about their lawful, constitutionally protected life is both illegal and an affront to fundamental human rights. Do you disagree?

If we can't even agree that the FBI should be informed if and when someone who has previously been investigated for links to terrorism

The Orlando shooter was cleared by the FBI and their Director, James Comey, stated that there is nothing that they could have done differently, and more pertinently, that there is nothing that they would do differently, if they had a do-over. So, what should the discussion be if the FBI's very own Director states that being on the watch list made no difference towards how Omar Mateen acted and that no change to said watch list would have affected his abilities either?

Here's the important question, which you have been unable to answer so far:

How do you propose that the FBI looks more closely when a person who is on the Terrorist watch list exercises their constitutional rights, especially when there are more than one million people on said list? A man on the list goes into a store and buys a gun: talk me through the process that you have in mind which will then stop him committing a crime with said gun. Talk me through the process when a man who is not on the list goes to buy a gun/s.

You continually draw on hypotheticals that are neither realistic

Can you point me to any of this supposed unrealistic hypotheticals? The only point that I have drawn is that I do not believe it to be a good thing to violate an innocent person's rights, nor do I believe that being on a watch list would have prevented virtually any of the spree killings that we have had in the US, either current or historical. You seem to differ in both views but seem unwilling or unable to substantiate why and how.

It's akin to talking about climate change to someone who doesn't believe in science (or, uses the arguments of the one out of one-hundred scientists who questions the 99 other scientists).  I get that it's an issue that involves passionate principles, but to the rest of the world, most view the carnage that continually harms U.S. citizens as sad and avoidable.  So if you want to be "right" on this matter (regardless of what the data reveals, see the video I posted above), then fine, you're right; there's nothing America should be doing to limit access to guns to anyone.  I mean, that's what you believe, correct?  But understand that as you sit there and consider yourself right, thousands of Americans will die who would likely wouldn't if you weren't so sure of your convictions.  The rest of the developed world can see the forest from the trees, but good luck with your principled stand against pragmatism in this matter.

Nothing but an emotive Straw Man. I get bored of repeating myself, but seeing as you gloss over that which is inconvenient for you on a regular basis, I shall continue to do so, it seems. I have no issue with a change to various aspects of gun culture within the US, but at the same time I also have no truck with people who believe that violating both constitutional and civil rights is the way forward.

In closing, a single question: do you believe that a person should be viewed as entirely innocent in the eyes of the law until they have been brought to trial and found guilty, and that until said time they should be free to pursue life, liberty and happiness?

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 2