Gun Control/Rights Thread

RussTCB

I saw the footage of Obama whining that these shootings have become routine and he can't do anything about it because congress is cock blocking him. I wouldn't mind early elections lol, get this guy out of office. He has zero credibility on the matter.

Why just get rid of Obama? Get rid of all those tea-bagging cunts who have blocked real change in the legislation? Get rid of all those democrats too pussy to side with their own president. Fucking get rid of all of them.

Horrible :( Apparently he was targeting Christians specifically...

Im not sure he was yknow, I've not read a lot on the matter but apparently he was like if ur christian stand up and then said 'you're about to meet your God', which sounds more like a twat trying to drop some cool dialogue as opposed to someone on some other sort of more deliberate rampage of religious indignation. Dont make a lot of odds to the poor sod getting shot i suppose.

Now they are asking all the politicians running for President what they would do to stop this?

There is nothing you can do that will protect everyone 100% of the time.

Even if you have armed guards in all the schools, there's no guarantee that it would stop these crazy people.

It's sad but true.

I know living in Dallas, there's not much security anywhere. I mean you can go into a movie theatre or a mall and no one is looking at anyone's handbags or backpacks at all.

The DWF airport doesn't even have the people who give you the tickets for parking anymore. you could easily drive a car there and leave it and no one would know anything.

It's a scary world we live in. It sucks but face it, there is no way to stop everyone who plans on doing something evil.

I can't imagine what these family members are going through. To lose a child has to be the worse thing in the world.

And that teacher who saved his students and lost his life, what a brave man he was.

If that's the way all you guys think, you seriously need to sort things out. Not an attack on you val just saying

I saw the footage of Obama whining that these shootings have become routine and he can't do anything about it because congress is cock blocking him. I wouldn't mind early elections lol, get this guy out of office. He has zero credibility on the matter.

haha except for that he's fucking right!

It's hard to say what the problem is, and harder to say what he solution is.

But a couple of things never change and one is liberals thinking gun control will help, the other being gun owners claiming all guns are ok.

Both being wrong, IMHO.

ironic that there were 20 gun murders in the city I live in over the last 2 months, but somehow the fact that they were separated and not all related to the same incident and somehow therefor they are not mass shootings, or addressed.

No one has any answers, but I have one.

You have 2 months to turn in your unregistered weapon.

Starting in two months if you are caught in possession of an unregistered weapon, maybe doing nothing else wrong, just a traffic stop or bag search and one is found on you or with you.... 15 years, no questions, no parole.

If you get caught with one in the commission of a crime, robbery, dealing drugs, assault, whatever,

25 years no questions no parole.

If you kill someone with a gun, tried and executed, no questions no parole.

In addition at the end of that two month amnesty to get rid of them, if anyone turns someone in that has one $10,000.oo dollar reward, annonomously.

So the entire culture of having a gun will turn from cool to fool.

People having guns will be or should be known as just a fool headed for disaster, no other way to put it.

The rest is just obvious, background checks and mental health follow ups on disturbed people, mainly loners and people of the creepy ill.

And I see no good reason for anyone to own an assault weapon, ban those entirely.

Because you are not going to outlaw handgun or hunting rifle ownership in this country, no way no how,

i like a lot of this. to me the whole situation is about mental health first. there is plenty of reasonable gun legislation that can be passed now, close the loophole for getting guns at shows and sales without a background check. there has to be better background checks when it comes to sharing health records when it comes to potential gun owners. i would also like to see a universal background check instead of states doing their own thing. as for bans and stupid legislation (IE diane feinstein's brilliant .22 rifles are assault rifles if it has a certain grip/look) im not in favor of those.

on a slight tangent am i the only one that finds it slightly amusing that we have politicians going on about this gun issue while surrounded by bodyguards packing heavy firepower?

• Like 1

right about what? That he has no clue on yet another subject.

He is suppose to be a leader and he stands up there sad ,confused and again clueless.

Guns are embedded in our society and they aint going nowhere. At best he can order that existing laws and penalties already on the books be enforced, immediately, he does everything else by executive order whats stopping him on this.

he's a friggin clown, just look at him lately, he's lost.

if a crazy person wants to get a gun or guns and start shooting innocent people there is nothing on Gods green earth we can do about it that he could possibly legislate through tougher gun laws.

That being said I do think banning assault weapons would at least make people feel better and certainly couldn't hurt, that's common sense.

Edited by downzy
Removed content unrelated to topic
  • Like 1

The bodyguard arguement gets me. Maybe the bodyguards are armed because there's always that looming threat of a nutcase with a gun that would want to assassinate the politician? Considering what has happened over the years, JFK, Bobby, Reagan and others, it is well justified.

Considering all the threats stupid people lost on, I don't blame them, especially Obama's daughters for having body guards.

The bodyguard arguement gets me. Maybe the bodyguards are armed because there's always that looming threat of a nutcase with a gun that would want to assassinate the politician? Considering what has happened over the years, JFK, Bobby, Reagan and others, it is well justified.

Considering all the threats stupid people lost on, I don't blame them, especially Obama's daughters for having body guards.

why are they better than us though georgy? i feel my life is just as important as their's. why should they have the right to be protected all the while trying to fuck with mine?

why are they better than us though georgy? i feel my life is just as important as their's. why should they have the right to be protected all the while trying to fuck with mine?

I am sorry, but that is a selfish thought. Besides, how many enemies do you have? Are you a drug dealer or something? Do you bang mob wives? What do you do that makes you feel the need to purchase a firearm?

right about what? That he has no clue on yet another subject.

He is suppose to be a leader and he stands up there sad ,confused and again clueless.

Guns are embedded in our society and they aint going nowhere. At best he can order that existing laws and penalties already on the books be enforced, immediately, he does everything else by executive order whats stopping him on this.

he's a friggin clown, just look at him lately, he's lost.

if a crazy person wants to get a gun or guns and start shooting innocent people there is nothing on Gods green earth we can do about it that he could possibly legislate through tougher gun laws.

That being said I do think banning assault weapons would at least make people feel better and certainly couldn't hurt, that's common sense.

He's fucking right that this shit has become way too routine in America and the faux sadness displayed by the country is sickening. Oh everyone is so god damn sad about it but not so sad that they dare even think about gun legislation. Nope. Fuck that because FREEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOMMMM!!!!! America is one of the most regulated countries in the world so none of this has anything to do with rights or freedoms or anything other than an outdated mentality that all men and women should pack guns and have access to them as easy as bubblegum. The rest of the world shakes their head in disgust at America when it comes to this issue. It happens time and time and time again and the same old bullshit is spewed. 2nd amendment this, 2nd amendment that. At what point do Americans start caring more about the freedom and rights of those gunned down than their stupid right to bear arms. 31 school shootings since Columbine and not one damn thing done to change gun legislation. Instead America's mentality is to spew bullshit soundbites like "Guns aren't a problem, mental illness is the problem. We need to fix mental illness". Great. Ignore the issue that can be fixed or looked at and worked on and focus on the one thing that cannot be fixed. What dream world are people living in if they think they can fix Mental illness and all this will go away. America's mentality in a nut shell is this:

You got 10 mentally ill people in a room with 10 guns. What's the first course of action to prevent injury or death? Cure the mental illness obviously.

What a crock of shit!

• Like 4

I am sorry, but that is a selfish thought. Besides, how many enemies do you have? Are you a drug dealer or something? Do you bang mob wives? What do you do that makes you feel the need to purchase a firearm?

im sorry georgy but if you feel your life isnt worth the same as everyone else including people on capitol hill there is nothing else to say. you dont need enemies to be targeted, apparently being religious and having fatih was enough reason yesterday.

Edited by bran

If only buying a gun wasn't so easy. That is why a lot of people buy them. Whether for "protection" or so they can go and kill people.

i would agree with that, to me the whole background check and all that needs to be revamped, remember how the VA tech shooter got a gun? he was ruled unstable and a danger to society but since never had in patient care for his mental issues that shit never showed up on a background check, stuff like that needs to be fixed ASAP, the same with people going to get a gun at a gun show with 0 background checks. also people who own guns need to do a better job at securing them as well.

What about responsible gun owners who have kids who have mental health problems? Should they not be allowed to own guns?

yes you can only do so much but any person should have enough common sense that if you have a 20 something old living with you that is mentally ill maybe a gun is something you wouldnt want just laying around. problem is also sometimes these kids just stay to themselves and never show any signs of being violent and one day they just snap. the whole situation just sucks.

Wanting to protect your family is selfish? You know what, fuck off. I must be a drug dealer or a mobster if I want to be safe? Fuck off. I won't be lumped in and limited by the least common denominator because our treatment of the mentally ill is fucked. If I wanted a gun (which I don't, bad experience) I, as a sane person with no background should be able to get one. It is none of your fucking business why I want a gun if I check all the "sane" boxes. Nothing wrong with the mantra of, "stay the fuck out of my life, I'll stay out of yours."

• Like 1

Protect your family from what? The boogie man? I grew up in a household without guns, we never needed protection. Except from ourselves, probably a good reason why we never had a gun in the first place.

It is just paranoia I am fine with living without. It is just sad some people feel so unsafe they need spend some good income on something personally, I wouldn't feel safe having in my home. Sure I could have it locked away, but what use of it would that be? Should I ask the perpetrator to wait?

Even with the best mental health treatment, there's no way of knowing a seemingly sane person would legally purchase the gun would one day crack and start killing people. Maybe he will have a bad day. Maybe his kids turned out to be cunts. Maybe his wife is banging his best friend. You never know. Maybe he woke up one morning and said "I am going to kill people." You never know.

Saying "this sucks" and "shit happens" isn't going to cut it. Sooner or later, people aren't going to take it anymore. It should have happened all the way back with Columbine. Before even.

I resent the idea of having to explain and rationalise my behaviour as a sane person, speaking as someone who lives in a country where guns are illegal. 'Why do you need a gun?' Because fuck you, thats why, get stuffed, why the fuck should I have to answer for why I wanna have a thing, what the fucks it gotta do with you, maybe i wanna knock nails in with it, maybe I'm perfecting a new armed hair-trimming techique, it's none of your fuckin' business, i thought we're supposed to be living in free fuckin' countries?

And i hate this idea of people sneering at the idea of freedom. Fuck yes freedom, when did that become a fuckin' bad thing, I must've been on the fuckin' shitter when that resolution was passed, how dare you question me on what i do or don't have in my house and what the fuckin' purpose of it is, as long as i ain't hurting no one i can have whatever the fuck i want in my fuckin' house, i resent having to be treated like a fuckin' looney or rather, worse still as it happens here, treated like there is no kind of human being whatsoever thats mentally stable enough to own a firearm. Fuck that.

I've even heard the theory espoused, this ones great, 'anybody that wants to own an assault rifle is immediately unsuitable to own one', what absolute fucking bollocks, I've never heard such shite in all my fuckin' life, I'd love to have fuckin' assault rifles and guns and shotguns and all sorts, am i fuckin' certifiably insane then, just based on those facts alone? If so you wannabe careful cuz there's some fuckin' knitting needles in my house too, you might wanna come get em before I have your fuckin' eyes out.

'Why do you need one?', fuck off, don't fuckin' loom over me in this life questioning my fuckin' behaviour, suck my fuckin' cock, thats why i need one, there, have that. Its like everywhere you go you get the fuckin' needle these days, have a fag, those are bad for you y'know, have a spliff, y'know those things cause psychosis, tell someone you have a few pints everyday and it's like 'so how long have you had these problems?', buy more than 3 burgers from the local takeaway 'are you gonna eat all of those?!?!', get fuckin' knotted, sanctimonious cunts.

Freedom of choice, freedom to act as you want, believe as you want, all this kind of stuff is literally THE most important thing in the world, you can't legislate humanity into this singular archetype by removing every aspect of the human experience that relies to some degree on the individual and his not being a fucking psychopath, that is the fuckin' fast track to ending up living in fuckin' Demolition Man :lol:

When did psychos become the standard, when was our behaviour/rights/what we're allowed or disallowed to do predicated on the tendencies of fuckin' mentalists, fuck that shit, if thats the fuckin' price we have to pay for having the goodness in us to allow mental fuckers into society with medication and that then I say bring back your fuckin' old time Shock Corridor bug-houses, instead of giving em zoloft and sending em fuckin' home lock em up, plug their head into the fuckin' national grid and fuckin' mong em out, instead of going 'I KNOW! We'll rebuild the entire country out of cotton wool!' just in case some mongo bangs his head on something.

(ignore the last paragraph! :lol:)

• Like 2