[Megadeth]

Silent Jay

Hmm, not sure what to think. I thought the leads would be a bit more memorable with Kiko around, but that still might happen on the rest of the album. I like that the song changes it up and keeps you on your toes a bit. It's like some weird TSHF/Peace Sells-era hybrid song with modern production.

But yes, already kicks the ass of everything on Super Collider. And Dave sounds better. Sounds like he did back in 2004, which bodes well for the album.

i really like it, blows anything off super collider away.

Lol is Supercollider like their St Anger or something? Everyone seems to label that as their shit baseline. Last I remember hearing about Megadeth was when The System Has Failed was coming out and Dave was back on lead guitar.

• Like 1

Lol is Supercollider like their St Anger or something? Everyone seems to label that as their shit baseline. Last I remember hearing about Megadeth was when The System Has Failed was coming out and Dave was back on lead guitar.

pretty much although megadeth really has two "st angers" the other album being risk which came out in 1999. super collider just seemed uninspired and it was just full of pop/rock elements that were just odd and out of place but also done very poorly.

• Like 1

pretty much although megadeth really has two "st angers" the other album being risk which came out in 1999. super collider just seemed uninspired and it was just full of pop/rock elements that were just odd and out of place but also done very poorly.

And I realize all of that............ yet I still like it. :shrugs::lol:

I love Risk, but can't stand Super Collider. Nothing on SC has any kind of feeling like Breadline or the 'Time' songs. Risk is still fairly inconsistent, but it just feels like it has more soul than Super Collider.

I remember trying to get through Super Collider when I heard it the first time. The title track is the most boring Megadeth track ever released, Kingmaker is pretty cool. But when I got to Burn! and Built For War, I was cringing more than I ever have for a Deth album. It was awful. And that hasn't changed.

Dave's signature songwriting is all there on Risk, it's just commonly rejected because of how "light" it is compared to their older albums; the band seemed to get progressively more hard rock-oriented after Rust, and I absolutely love albums like Cryptic Writings and Youthanasia also even without the thrash elements that initially defined the band

I've always found tracks like Breadline, Wanderlust and Ecstasy to be very underrated in the Megs catalog