Slash politely declined to broach the (GNR REUNION) subject [NEW TIMES TELEGRAM INTERVIEW OCT 1ST 2015]

Some people apparently don't understand just how big the hate between Axl and Slash really was and it was the only thing ever holding back a proper reunion.

Axl mended fences and performed with Izzy? check

He also mended fences with Duff and performed together? check

This leaves one important piece to be repaired. Fixing this piece makes it inevitable that there will be a reunion of some sort in the future.

I just can't agree on that last point. I totally get where you're coming from, but I just don't even see Axl swallowing his pride (or even the ghost of it) enough to do a reunion with Slash.

Some people apparently don't understand just how big the hate between Axl and Slash really was and it was the only thing ever holding back a proper reunion.

This leaves one important piece to be repaired. Fixing this piece makes it inevitable that there will be a reunion of some sort in the future.

I just can't agree on that last point. I totally get where you're coming from, but I just don't even see Axl swallowing his pride (or even the ghost of it) enough to do a reunion with Slash.

People would have thought the same thing about Izzy after 1994 when Axl said he was completely done with him. We see how that went.

Considering how Axl was open to the idea of Slash contributing to CD, and the fact that none of us know the man, I think once the air is clear, a reunion is much easier for him. After all, all he wanted was a public apology, right?

What pride is there for him to swallow? He has had a handful of official band members abandon him and his project of nugnr. He's completely in the gutter at this point. The general public doesn't give a shit about the details of the feud and Axl's baggage. No one will be laughing at him for being a man about it and having respect for a fellow member of the band everyone recognizes as GNR. While Del and Nando are more receptive to Slash's presence, it looks as though that wall is down.

People would have thought the same thing about Izzy after 1994 when Axl said he was completely done with him. We see how that went.

Considering how Axl was open to the idea of Slash contributing to CD, and the fact that none of us know the man, I think once the air is clear, a reunion is much easier for him. After all, all he wanted was a public apology, right?

What pride is there for him to swallow? He has had a handful of official band members abandon him and his project of nugnr. He's completely in the gutter at this point. The general public doesn't give a shit about the details of the feud and Axl's baggage. No one will be laughing at him for being a man about it and having respect for a fellow member of the band everyone recognizes as GNR. While Del and Nando are more receptive to Slash's presence, it looks as though that wall is down.

I do understand all that and agree that it makes sense. This is Axl we're dealing with though. To me, there's a lot of pride built up in all the music he's been supposedly working on all these years.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying you or anyone else who feels differently might not be right in the long run, I'm just stating it how I see it. If nothing else, Axl seems like the type of dude who wouldn't do it just because everyone else wants him to, ya know?

In short: Because, Axl.

I do understand all that and agree that it makes sense. This is Axl we're dealing with though. To me, there's a lot of pride built up in all the music he's been supposedly working on all these years.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying you or anyone else who feels differently might not be right in the long run, I'm just stating it how I see it. If nothing else, Axl seems like the type of dude who wouldn't do it just because everyone else wants him to, ya know?

So you think it is just by coincidence that the 2 lead guitarists are confirmed out and Tommy looks to be out, as well? Let's say that IF Axl has turned his back on Tommy's involvement in his project, so much for his mission, right?

So you think it is just by coincidence that the 2 lead guitarists are confirmed out and Tommy looks to be out, as well? Let's say that IF Axl has turned his back on Tommy's involvement in his project, so much for his mission, right?

Honestly? Yeah, I do think it's just coincidence. I know that sounds crazy and on top of that I really have nothing to back it up with seeing as it's just my opinion. The only thing I can say on why I feel like this is "Because it's Axl".

I feel there's a bit of a difference in relationship between Izzy/Axl and Axl/Slash. He grew up with Izzy, they share a birth place and other deep rooted connections. Whilst Axl and Slash certainly had some excellent musical chemistry going on, nothing I've read over the years has given me the impression they had deep friendship going on even when things were going good. They very much seemed to run in different crowds maybe with the exception of the early Hell House days. Duff again he's always appeared more connected with - I get the impression he always indulged Axl more in the lengthy navel gazing conversations, they also did stuff together outside of work- mountain biking etc...

I think it's complicated with Slash because their personalities seem really incompatible even when they are on the same page re direction ( e.g. early GNR). It's clear some animosity has eased and probably legal issues resolved but I'm sure they both know a reunion will be tricky for the above reason. If it is in the works i'm sure it will take a lot of groundwork to make it feasible to both parties.

I also think Adler could be a real sticking point, he is to Slash in some ways what Izzy is to Axl and I think a fair bit of guilt would arise from excluding him, whether he ever admitted it or not.

• Like 2

Slash politely declined to broach the subject. With a new album in his sights, Slash is firmly committed to his current (GUNS N' ROSES) project, and he’s excited as always to bring his brand of (GUNS N' ROSES) rock to audiences worldwide.

I fixed your statement.

• Like 1

As a fan more of the ORIGINAL Guns I would love to see a reunion. I know sales for tickets would be off the charts. I do feel that it aint gonna happen yet I can honestly say that things change and people forgive. Anything is possible in this thing we all call life.

For whats it is worth I think Slash and Axl make a great team and while they both hold their own in the world of rock combined they are without a doubt the best minds in the creative rock world. And Duff and all original members should reunite but I see no way that they will ever allow Steven back in the group.

If Slash isn't allowed to say anything concrete one way or another with regards to the future of Guns N' Roses, you know what that means. He must be in Guns N' Roses.

Yeah, but at the same time, everytime someone wasn't allowed to say something about a certain topic on Gn'R it was because it was not happening at all, like all the times BBF was asked about the new álbum.

If Slash isn't allowed to say anything concrete one way or another with regards to the future of Guns N' Roses, you know what that means. He must be in Guns N' Roses.

Yeah, but at the same time, everytime someone wasn't allowed to say something about a certain topic on Gn'R it was because it was not happening at all, like all the times BBF was asked about the new álbum.

Actually, come to think of it, BBF didn't want to talk about GnR when he had actually left and didn't tell anyone :lol:

Slash politely declined to broach the subject. With a new album in his sights, Slash is firmly committed to his current project, and hes excited as always to bring his brand of rock to audiences worldwide.

No reunion for you.

People should stop bothering Slash and everyone who was part of the band with the reunion thing.

A reunion would be nice,but I would be happy just to hear Axl as a guest singer on a couple of Slash's tracks.

Yes. Absolutely.

Slash politely declined to broach the subject. With a new album in his sights, Slash is firmly committed to his current project, and he’s excited as always to bring his brand of rock to audiences worldwide.

No reunion for you.

True, but he didn't really elaborate much and deny anything.

Something is in th works...whether it comes to fruition or not is anyone's guess

If Slash

Slash politely declined to broach the subject. With a new album in his sights, Slash is firmly committed to his current project, and hes excited as always to bring his brand of rock to audiences worldwide.

No reunion for you.

People should stop bothering Slash and everyone who was part of the band with the reunion thing.

A reunion would be nice,but I would be happy just to hear Axl as a guest singer on a couple of Slash's tracks.

Yes. Absolutely.

If he doesnt want to be bothered about the reunion thing all he needs to do is say: "There is no reunion plans. stop bothering me!"

Slash asking to decline any GNR subject is weird.

Edited by TKesseli

Slash doesn't stand to lose much favour if a reunion doesn't happen. Axl on the other hand, will be completely fucked. Regardless of the circumstances, if next year brings either a new Guns album or a tour without at least some Slash involvement, he will once again be seen to have spurned the old band and ignored the majority of his fanbase.

If Axl has no intention of a reunion, he should have nipped this in the bud a while ago. Now a lot of people are talking about it as a certainty and if it doesn't happen, they'll be pissed.

Do you remember during the Hof when they posted the only official picture ever of lolgnr?

I expect something similar if Axl decides to come off retirement next year and do another cash grab tour.

There will be talk about reunion and they will post a pic of whatever musicians accept to work for Axl. They will also probably complain about the media.

They should stop asking him questions regarding the reunion, they should ask him to elaborate more on his renewed "friendship" with Axl.

This is the best point of this thread. We really don't have too many details as far as what exactly is going on there..

Slash has been politely declining the rumors for quite a few years. Just because they apparantly talked doesn't mean this suddenly means there must be a reunion in the works. People on here always seem to amaze me, trying to make something bigger than it is just to be able to confirm their hopes and dreams.

You just said it all in that one sentence. He denied and declined, time and time again. He's not doing that now he's just not talking about it...little difference i think.

why not? What's there to gain not swallowing his pride? Why do you think Axl and Slash really hated each other?...Ask Marc Canter sometime..Marc has even said himself that a huge piece to Axl and Slash hating each other was miscommunication. Duff didn't speak to Axl for years and that bridge was mended. Duff also really bridged a lot of the miscommunication which clearly could have eased Axl. As strange as it may be to understand,maybe even Axl can drop a grudge since we don't know who apologized to who and what was said to bring these two back together...all we know for sure are, things have improved significantly between the two.

From Axl's point of view, in the immortal wordsof frank sinatra, he did it all, he stood tall,and did it his way. Axl was hell bent on doing everything he could to push a new version of GNR and make sure at the very least chinese was released. Maybe things didn't quite live up to expectation but, it wasn't a failure. People may come on here and rip Axl's version of GNR, yet those very same people bought tickets to see Guns. I think after all the time, energy, and money put into GNR, Axl just wanted to see it through sink or swim..

And as far as what they're doing now?! Well from Axls point of view, screw it! They're already playing more songs from the old days than the new ones. The amount of money and timing makes more sense now more than ever especially after seeing that the current band has bascially fallen apart...

Idk, swallowing pride? I'm sure even Axl can admit when he'swrong sometimes, he may not do it publicly but, with Duff seemingly being the middle man, it makes sense that Axl and Slash could have both mutuall apologized at the same time and gotten over things. Axl was allegedly considering a reunion in vegas during the 2014 run, his opinion mood and mind changes with the wind so why wouldn't it again? Idk, I gotta tell ya,nothing is set in stone but either you refuse to believe it until you see it or you're just in egypt swimming the denial river..

Thing is,everyone wants to be right,including Axl/Slash. When something is going on between yourselves and others don't you want to be the one that is right instead of wrong? That's when the old saying agree to disagree comes in.

Thing is,everyone wants to be right,including Axl/Slash. When something is going on between yourselves and others don't you want to be the one that is right instead of wrong? That's when the old saying agree to disagree comes in.

I just think Slash is tired of the horseshit and wants to move forward if at all possible in the future with Axl on some capacity.

He said that there will have to be mutual respect between him and Axl for anything fruitful to happen between them musically.

Maybe Duff has talked to Axl about that and things got better.

At any case, even if they buried the hatchet, that still doesn't mean a reunion is gonna happen. Especially not a full or a "real reunion" imo.

It's only a matter of time until things will get clearer for us and we'll know what Axl wants to do next.

If Tommy is out like I think he is, and we can't have Slash for now or ever, I hope Axl will at least work out something with Duff and he'll return to his rightful place in Guns.