Matt Sorum on reunion: "I plead the fifth"

Ok, so the list of people who definitely don't know what's going on is as follows:

Steven Adler

Richard Forus

Matt Sorum

The Entirety of the Free World.

Did I miss anyone?

When someone 'pleads the 5th', referring to the 5th amendment of the United States, especially when asked a light hearted question, it generally means they DO know something... but they're not at liberty to tell you or anyone what they know. At least not at the moment.

He's in the loop. To what extent, that's anyone's guess. But he knows something is in the works. Especially laughing after saying he pleads the 5th.

You could translate it to: "You can bet your bottom dollar I know something or am a part of that, but the chances of me saying anything to you about it is NIL".

So I bet my bottom dollar on a reunion being in the works.

or he's just fucking around

• Like 3

Interesting response. Why not just say, "I haven't heard shit."

Yeah, right?

Why would you plead the 5th, if you just don't know? I mean, maybe Matt is just not a wordsmith, but pleading the 5th is the opposite reaction of someone who has no idea.

Like, if your lunch was missing from the fridge at work, and you said "Who took my lunch?" and one person says "I plead the 5th." You clearly know they are aware of who took your lunch, but they don't want to get in the middle of it.

I don't actually think he knows anything, so I wonder if he used that expression to seem like he knew and get some attention? Or was it just stupid word choice?

Haha, I'm aware of what "pleading the 5th" means. The problem is what he said after that.

It's almost like people just read the title and didn't read what the actual quote was.

I read the actual quote. I read the whole article. And I'll re-iterate... when someone says "I plead the 5th"... that means they're more-than-likely guilty of knowing the answer to the question being asked, but because they have a Constitutional right in the United States to keep their mouths shut unless a grand jury demand their testimony, they will.

It doesn't matter what they say after that... they've already incriminated themselves at that point and aren't fooling anyone. When I hear someone say "I just don't know" after saying "I plead the 5th" I actually hear: 'Shit... I just incriminated myself... I better try to clean this up really quick and say I don't know anything.'

Don't be naive.

"Don't be naive"?

This from a person reading entirely too much into a quote from Matt Sorum? :lol:

Interesting response. Why not just say, "I haven't heard shit."

I don't actually think he knows anything, so I wonder if he used that expression to seem like he knew and get some attention? Or was it just stupid word choice?

This.

The guys outside of nugnr never play the cryptic answers game and now all of a sudden we're acting like it's normal for them?

All I'm saying is that Matt doesn't know anything and he's saying exactly that. I just listened to the audio and it's clear that that's what he meant. I don't think he's being cryptic or dodging the question, the guy flat out says "I would have to plead the fifth, because I just don't know"

I feel like I should clarify my point on things as I might be coming off wrong:

Personally, I don't think any sort of reunion will happen. I'm basing that on absolutely nothing outside of my own gut feeling. I'm not against a reunion because I know how happy it will make so many people on these boards and across the world in general. I've even softened on my longtime stance of not being interested in seeing it myself. At this point, I'd rather see Axl doing anything with anybody as opposed to what we currently have.

• Like 1

"I would have to plead the fifth on that, basically, because I just don't know. So I would say I plead the fifth. [Laughs]"

That's a little more than a simple I don't know.

I'm curious, at what point did the people around GNR become women?

*sigh*

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"No, what's wrong."

"It's fine. Nothing. *sigh*

@GNR guys. Answer the question directly or just stfu!

• Like 3

The biggest thing going on here is nobody is cementing their 2016 plans right now.

Matt mentioned he's waiting to hear back from a band about touring with them next year, but it seems like nobody is booking their schedule too far in advance. I think everyone is waiting to see what happens. Obviously everyone would be skeptical that it will happen even if there are talks now, but they seem close and the people possibly associated with a reunion are waiting.

The guys outside of nugnr never play the cryptic answers game and now all of a sudden we're acting like it's normal for them?

All I'm saying is that Matt doesn't know anything and he's saying exactly that. I just listened to the audio and it's clear that that's what he meant. I don't think he's being cryptic or dodging the question, the guy flat out says "I would have to plead the fifth, because I just don't know"

Personally, I don't think any sort of reunion will happen. I'm basing that on absolutely nothing outside of my own gut feeling. I'm not against a reunion because I know how happy it will make so many people on these boards and across the world in general. I've even softened on my longtime stance of not being interested in seeing it myself. At this point, I'd rather see Axl doing anything with anybody as opposed to what we currently have.

Lol... don't take a crack at me about being 'naive' (see previous postings), and then come out and do pretty much the same thing I did... elaborating on your position on this subject!

But my position still stands... 'DeadSlash' above had a perfect analogy about a missing lunch.

Or, Matt is just incredibly stupid for a guy a half century old not realizing he incriminated himself by saying 'I plead the 5th'.

The best example of someone of notoriety using the 5th amendment in their defense is Lois Lerner during the IRS scandals. Everyone knows she's guilty as sin, but she continues to plead the 5th. Now the GNR situation isn't as serious as that, but hopefully you catch my drift.

Of course everyone posting in this thread are like rats on a floor surrounding a dinner table waiting for a crumb to fall. Yes, we're all that pathetic. And apparently huge GNR fans.

We probably all need help.

• Like 1

adler is on suicide watch.

If Axl, Slash, Sorum, Duff and other GNR members are able to work things out with one another and do some sort of reunion, I can't imagine they won't be able to work something out with Adler. Even if it's just a few shows or a small role. And while Adler might protest that, I think he'd be okay with it

He'll jump on any opportunity to "finish what he started with those guys."

Lol... don't take a crack at me about being 'naive' (see previous postings), and then come out and do pretty much the same thing I did... elaborating on your position on this subject!

But my position still stands... 'DeadSlash' above had a perfect analogy about a missing lunch.

Or, Matt is just incredibly stupid for a guy a half century old not realizing he incriminated himself by saying 'I plead the 5th'.

The best example of someone of notoriety using the 5th amendment in their defense is Lois Lerner during the IRS scandals. Everyone knows she's guilty as sin, but she continues to plead the 5th. Now the GNR situation isn't as serious as that, but hopefully you catch my drift.

Of course everyone posting in this thread are like rats on a floor surrounding a dinner table waiting for a crumb to fall. Yes, we're all that pathetic. And apparently huge GNR fans.

We probably all need help.

Right on. I didn't mean to come off as being a dick, I probably just took you wrong in the first place. Either way, I agree what you're saying about the position we're all in as fans too.

yeah someone doesn't have a bias or doesn't contradict himself in his statement

i would rather this rather that

dude its happening