Boris Johnson rugby tackles 10 yr old kid

Len Cnut

I've never quite worked out whether or not Boris's bumbling characteristics are perfectly genuine or merely the product of a constructed persona. He remains not only a popular and well known politician, but a popular and well known Tory! Is he actually much cleverer and cynical than we give him credit for in fabricating a distinctive media persona of this, error prone bumbling old Etonian. It could be a mixture of the two, an example of living up to your own personality (one for the psychologists)?

I've never quite worked out whether or not Boris's bumbling characteristics are perfectly genuine or merely the product of a constructed persona. He remains not only a popular and well known politician, but a popular and well known Tory! Is he actually much cleverer and cynical than we give him credit for in fabricating a distinctive media persona of this, error prone bumbling old Etonian. It could be a mixture of the two, an example of living up to your own personality (one for the psychologists)?

Of course it's all an act. The hair, the scruffy suits, stunts like this. All put on, I don't buy it for a second.