What do you think of Axl Rose as a songwriter?

I don't know if Axl is a great song writer or not but what I can safely say is that at 35 and unfortunately not have been able to have seen the original line up of gnr but I started getting into music at 10 when GNR were massive but since that day I have never been able to find an adequate replacement for a band...I've been to loads of gigs, listened to hundreds of bands and none of them come close to Guns and the front men are not fit to lace Axl's boots when it comes to mesmerising the audience with his energy or voice..

Its a musical tradegy IMO that Axl just disappeared in the mid 90's when he had so much to offer as either a solo artist or branching into producing or collaborating with other artists...

4 hours ago, Bennis said:

I don't know if Axl is a great song writer or not but what I can safely say is that at 35 and unfortunately not have been able to have seen the original line up of gnr but I started getting into music at 10 when GNR were massive but since that day I have never been able to find an adequate replacement for a band...I've been to loads of gigs, listened to hundreds of bands and none of them come close to Guns and the front men are not fit to lace Axl's boots when it comes to mesmerising the audience with his energy or voice..

Its a musical tradegy IMO that Axl just disappeared in the mid 90's when he had so much to offer as either a solo artist or branching into producing or collaborating with other artists...

As tragic as it is, that is the path he chose.

But there's still time for a solo effort. I think it'd be good for his legacy, because his talents have been overshadowed by all the drama; hating on Slash, the nuGNR controversy, the saga around CD, all the lawsuits etc. Even when he himself was last vocal about his work, he spent more time spewing tirades against Slash and dredging up decades old issues, rather than promote CD and nuGNR in any meaningful way. He needs to move on from all that, of course this reunion is a start.