Is the CD-era over?

We've heard Axls been in the studio over the last year. We just havent heard who with except for that picture he posted where he tagged Pitman on Twitter.

Axl also said Chinese was gonna come out a million different times. And that was right from the source. I wanna believe he was in the studio... but seriously... can we really? There's so much evidence to prove everything we ever hear is false to make Axl look better.

We've heard Axls been in the studio over the last year. We just havent heard who with except for that picture he posted where he tagged Pitman on Twitter.

Axl also said Chinese was gonna come out a million different times. And that was right from the source. I wanna believe he was in the studio... but seriously... can we really? There's so much evidence to prove everything we ever hear is false to make Axl look better.

remember this thread? http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212610-fortus-or-pitman-gone-now/

Ashba quit. Bumblefoot quit. Tommy is out. And based on some newer facts talking ferrer and fortus being the only ones a part of the reunion, sure seems like pitman quit as well. Not sure if everybody quit because they knew a reunion was up but, it sure appears that the Chinese Democracy era is over.

Just based on doing the math, just seems more likely that GNR would want to release new music with slash and duff involved re recording parts, which axl wanted slash to do in 2001 anyways so...

remember this thread? http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/212610-fortus-or-pitman-gone-now/

Ashba quit. Bumblefoot quit. Tommy is out. And based on some newer facts talking ferrer and fortus being the only ones a part of the reunion, sure seems like pitman quit as well. Not sure if everybody quit because they knew a reunion was up but, it sure appears that the Chinese Democracy era is over.

Just based on doing the math, just seems more likely that GNR would want to release new music with slash and duff involved re recording parts, which axl wanted slash to do in 2001 anyways so...

Good point. Had totally forgotten about that thread, and yes, I agree with your logic that one could assume Pitman is out as well. At least from what that article is saying and what we are hearing now.

• Like 1

Good point. Had totally forgotten about that thread, and yes, I agree with your logic that one could assume Pitman is out as well. At least from what that article is saying and what we are hearing now.

I mean as much as I love axl, for him to go out and hire two new lead guitarists, a bassist, and another keyboard player within the next few months over doing a reunion.. I feel like even that would be too ridiculous for the fans to get on board with. Gotta be reunion... I'm just wondering about the timing of the whole thing.

The latest incarnation of GNR toured for how long? Five years? I honestly don't know.

And that incarnation had fuck-all to do with ChiDem.

So now Axl is supposed to hire yet ANOTHER crop of nameless uknowns and release ChiDem2? That would be TWO GENERATIONS removed from the group of employees who made ChiDem1.

Yes, the ChiDem era is over. NuGNR is over; it ended when Ron and DJ (and who knows else) left.

It's finished, it's cooked, it's over.

We have?

I must have missed that.

Can you refresh my poor old memory?

I remember a stock picture of a studio that had a ghost looking into it or something like that. But that doesn't say that Axl was in the studio working on music. My co-worker just put up a cool picture of a Lavender Field on her Facebook - but it doesn't mean she was vacationing there. It means she saw a cool picture and shared it.

I'm not being sarcastic. I don't remember the studio info. Can you remind us or shed some more light on that?

• Like 1

We have?

I must have missed that.

Can you refresh my poor old memory?

I remember a stock picture of a studio that had a ghost looking into it or something like that. But that doesn't say that Axl was in the studio working on music. My co-worker just put up a cool picture of a Lavender Field on her Facebook - but it doesn't mean she was vacationing there. It means she saw a cool picture and shared it.

I'm not being sarcastic. I don't remember the studio info. Can you remind us or shed some more light on that?

Didnt Downzy say at one point that he was given info that Axl was working on the album, or work was being done for a release? Maybe im misremembering, idk everything gets jumbled at a certain point haha. But this would have been before DJ quit and all the reunion rumours. Edited by ChineseIRS

I don't know if it's over because only Axl knows that and as stubborn as that man is, we would never know. However, if it is, I'm happy it is finally over. Terrible era for my favorite band. Axl failed with his vision which turned out to be nothing but a sad, pathetic joke.

you get off on shitting on Axl don't you? :lol:

I'm not sure why Axl was refering to the second half of CD if he wanted it to end.

I don't think it's logical to think he wanted it to end if he always viewed Chinese as a double. Life is dynamic, so perhaps Duff convinced Axl Slash is alright now and given the fact Axl lost 2 guitar players, maybe CD ll is still a go, with Duff and Slash in mind.

I think that if Axl believes it's authentic, he'll do it. He'll make the changes, but I don't think he'll abandon his 10 year project entirely when it's just technically half an album he released.

Edited by Rovim

The fact that he wanted Slash on some CD songs really shows he's all about the music.

But how long will it take to re-record CD II songs with Slash and Duff. Supposedly the tour is next year?

Depends on the extent Slash is involved in the studio. If it's just a couple of tunes and a few solos, he can do what Bumble did fairly quickly, but it's still problematic cause my guess is Axl is not gonna delete great material Bucket wrote for example.

And if they tour without CD ll out, with Slash and Duff, that kinda fucks up what Axl was trying to do with Chinese.

Too many options and the very idea of CD ll, a completed album, clashes with bringing in real Guns, and I don't see Slash playing songs that sound like Shackler's or covering other guitar players and their solos.

Well 2016 could just be Slash tour/album and GNR release CD II.

Then 2017 is AFD anniversary so that could be the time.

Could work. A lot of things could work. But the art must come first.

It will work. Think about it by using your brain!!

The hybrid album can justify CD2, help axl maintain status and power, and basically get a better idea of a tour between the original 5 could actually work or not.

The hybrid album can justify CD2, help axl maintain status and power, and basically get a better idea of a tour between the original 5 could actually work or not.

You're right! It WILL work, now that I've thought about it by using my brain!

The hybrid album WILL be released very soon, because Axl is so driven and hard-working and all about the music.

First they need to get CD II out then they can do a hybrid reunion tour of SA. If in doubt SA.

They really don't. An Axl/Slash/Duff reunion tour doesn't need an album to help sell tickets. The album can wait; hold fire, take a deep breath and look at the material they have available. There are all those VR tracks that Slash and Duff wrote (some with Izzy), there are all the CDII tracks (some, again, written with Izzy). Pool them, re-record where necessary with the hybrid band, and release it for the holiday season in 2016 (or even in support of a tour in Summer 2017).

You're right! It WILL work, now that I've thought about it by using my brain!

The hybrid album WILL be released very soon, because Axl is so driven and hard-working and all about the music.

The times, they are a changing...

Double album - G disc is the GNR "reunion", songs Izzy and Duff would bring in with one Axl "epic". R disc would be ChiDem II, the existing songs. Clink and Caram can co-produce, then decide who plays on what, I doubt they'd all be in the same room unless they were doing tour rehearsals.

I doubt it would take much time to make the album when there's a lot of songs written, how and when it would be released is another story.