Christian Group slams The Muppets

Len Cnut

*facepalm*

It's not Westboro or the street evangelists peddling end times which embarrass me to idenitify as a Christian- it's idiots like this. They're always mostly American and mostly non-denominational- therefore very little discernment from authority on what they express publicly.

In their defence, it seems to be more about curating suitable television for their toddlers, which is a reasonable activity of any parent.

Damn you Westboro Baptist Church! Leave Gonzo alone! He can love whoever he wants and where do you get off protesting Kermit the Frog's funeral!? Poor Ms. Piggy, isn't it bad enough that she just lost her husband in Iraq, you gotta say he'd burn in hell?

Damn you Westboro Baptist Church! Leave Gonzo alone! He can love whoever he wants and where do you get off protesting Kermit the Frog's funeral!? Poor Ms. Piggy, isn't it bad enough that she just lost her husband in Iraq, you gotta say he'd burn in hell?

Miss Piggys actually quite fit yknow!

Miss Piggys actually quite fit yknow!

PILF...

As said David Cameron.

• Like 1

Inter-species marriage? Hahahah. Are they afraid that if their kids see Kermit marry Miss Piggy the kids will want to marry their cat or gerbil? :D And so what if kids get it into their heads they want to marry pets, my kids have all kinds of silly ideas, it doesn't mean they will carry over into adulthood (not that it would be a big problem if adults wanted to marry animals, either). "Oh no, my kids want to marry Rufus our pet dog! It's an abomination in the eyes of God!".

At first I thought it was interracial marriage they were against when just skimming the article, and it made me think of the segregation period. But inter-species? That is as far as religious hysteria and craziness go quite progressive, and also very absurd.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

public television in general has gotten out of hand.

Children can be watching what their parents perceive to be harmless television and something totally inappropriate pops up all the time.

I suppose a bit of hands on screening could flag most shows.

but the muppets refraining from sexual, political overtones I don't think that is asking too much

from concerned parents.

Well, we were all Muppets believing WMDs in Iraq and somehow that being involved with 9/11...

Though Saddam did mustard gas his own Iraqi people when he mustard gassed the Kurds, not cool Saddam, not cool.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Children can be watching what their parents perceive to be harmless television and something totally inappropriate pops up all the time.

but the muppets refraining from sexual, political overtones I don't think that is asking too much

from concerned parents.

The end times are coming. I agree with Shades. :blink:

That said, I have been enjoying the Muppets new show thoroughly, but still think that it's not what they should be doing with this franchise.

from concerned parents.

The end times are coming. I agree with Shades. :blink:

That said, I have been enjoying the Muppets new show thoroughly, but still think that it's not what they should be doing with this franchise.

What is the innuendo being referred to exactly? Or whatever the inappropriate element is, since you've seen it.