Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion?

Not that he gives a flying fuck...but do we really want to see a reunion of 60 year olds?

I wish they have had done it in 2002 or 2006..but really...Its now or never.

I don't care if he brings Hendrix back from the dead and tours Chinese Democrazy 2 ...it ain't gonna work.

• Like 1

I don't think Axl could establish a lower level of general interest in 'nu' GNR than he already has, so if he doesn't reunite the old band the general reaction would be 'oh Axl, what a cunt, same as always'. So he's only got popularity to gain by reuniting, but not much to lose by not reuniting. :shrugs:

At this point I just hope he pulls off one more tour at 2006-10 standards before retiring.

I do not think the world cares about a 'GN'R reunion' as much as people (here) make out. A GN'R reunion would not be as big an event as a Zeppelin, Floyd or ABBA reunion. It would be a moderately successful arena tour for two years then people would get bored again.

• Like 1

I think alot of you are delusional.. No offence but it's true, alot of people I know who ain't big on GNR are even pumped about a reunion. You're also forgetting that Slash's brother stated that it was to his understanding that Axl was on a strict diet or something. If a reunion happens it'll be done right..

But to answer this post.. I think the majority of people including myself would be pissed off.

I think Ash Hudson was just taking the piss with that comment, given what came before it.

Axl is caught between a rock and a hard place on this one. It might turn out a reunion was never a serious proposition but he will still be blamed for a non existant reunion not happening. If it does happen, that's a lot of eating your own words he has to do, despite the fact most fans will be thrilled.

At this point I'd be happy with him just doing something or confirming anything, whatever that might be.

• Like 3

The world gave up on Axl at the 2002 VMA's. He confirmed what everyone suspected. He lost his voice, lost his looks, was out of shape and GNR is dead.

A reunion would be a revival of his image. As long as he shows up with his voice, with better looks, and in shape. It will make people believe in GNR again. Just doing the reunion won't be enough, he has to pull out the best of himself again.

Anyone saying it won't be a big deal are crazy. This would be huge. There is a huge vacancy in the Rock genre right now. But it will come down to Axl. You can all think Slash is equally as important but the expectations for GNR rest with Axl, he made them the biggest band on the planet and also made them the biggest joke. He's the frontman and the image. All success starts with Axl, people want to see him do good. It will be huge if he shows up.

Edited by IncitingChaos

The world gave up on Axl at the 2002 VMA's. He confirmed what everyone suspected. He lost his voice, lost his looks, was out of shape and GNR is dead.

A reunion would be a revival of his image. As long as he shows up with his voice, with better looks, and in shape. It will make people believe in GNR again. Just doing the reunion won't be enough, he has to pull out the best of himself again.

Anyone saying it won't be a big deal are crazy. This would be huge. There is a huge vacancy in the Rock genre right now. But it will come down to Axl. You can all think Slash is equally as important but the expectations for GNR rest with Axl, he made them the biggest band on the planet and also made them the biggest joke. He's the frontman and the image. All success starts with Axl, people want to see him do good. It He will be huge if he shows up.

Corrected.

I think Ash Hudson was just taking the piss with that comment, given what came before it.

Axl is caught between a rock and a hard place on this one. It might turn out a reunion was never a serious proposition but he will still be blamed for a non existant reunion not happening. If it does happen, that's a lot of eating your own words he has to do, despite the fact most fans will be thrilled.

At this point I'd be happy with him just doing something or confirming anything, whatever that might be.

i really dont think he's taking the piss, considering slash called him up right after shat on him, put him in his place and verified that axl is indeed getting back in top shape...there is absolutely no indication that he is still in the same condition as he was before...my guess is that he is indeed getting ready for the fucking reunion and will do anything not to fuck it up and to regain his legacy in the music world

The only thing standing in way of a reunion is Axl Rose (with a heavy influence from TB/mommy). And the TB/mommy factor is sad as j think Axl probably woulda done the reunion years ago if allowed. To the OP's question- no. I'd be a no. As far as the "world" (the rock n roll world) Id imagine the answer would be a collective no as well.

I don't think there's anything to forgive or not forgive. None of these guys are obligated to do anything they don't want to do and they don't owe a reunion to anyone. I'd wager that the majority of the world will shrug and say "that's too bad," and then go on with their lives. No need to get angry at a complete stranger or deny him forgiveness because he didn't do what you think he should have done. And that goes for any of the guys in the band, not just Axl.

A reunion isn't going to be the panacea that some think it's going to be. It's going to be a bunch of 50 + year old guys at a very different place in their lives than the starving artists who wrote AfD.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

Axl's left it too late to do anything. A reunion will be disappointing and it absolutely splits my fucking sides that anyone who's followed Gnr for any length of time thinks it wouldn't end up being 3 shows, everyone falls out, tour cancelled.

CD2, no one cares anymore, and if that came out instead of a reunion it would be absolutely slaughtered both by fans of the old band and the press.

As usual, he's got everything he wanted, everything his own way and still managed to completely fuck everything up.

What can you say about a guy who can't release an allegedly complete album in 7 years despite having been given well over a decade for the previous one?

He can't keep in shape. He can't hold a band together. He can't put out albums. He won't rehearse. He gets on TV in front of massive crowds and international audiences for things like Rio and through his lack of effort and preparation makes a fucking clown of himself and everyone around him. He never learns, they leave, he whinges and whines.

Difference is now nobody buys into his 'vision' anymore. No one really cares.

All anyone with half a brain should expect from Axl at this point is a big shitty heap of nothing capped off with the occasional mortifying disappointment. Don't feel too bad for him though. A. He brought it all on himself and B. He's done a great job of surrounding himself with paid off brown-nosers who'll hide the fact that the world is laughing at him.

Axl shouldn't forgive Axl for what Axl has done to Axl.

• Like 4

Anyone saying it won't be a big deal are crazy. This would be huge. There is a huge vacancy in the Rock genre right now. But it will come down to Axl. You can all think Slash is equally as important but the expectations for GNR rest with Axl, he made them the biggest band on the planet and also made them the biggest joke. He's the frontman and the image. All success starts with Axl, people want to see him do good. It will be huge if he shows up.

So basically it'll be successful because rock fans are desperate? :lol:

Axl's left it too late to do anything. A reunion will be disappointing and it absolutely splits my fucking sides that anyone who's followed Gnr for any length of time thinks it wouldn't end up being 3 shows, everyone falls out, tour cancelled.

CD2, no one cares anymore, and if that came out instead of a reunion it would be absolutely slaughtered both by fans of the old band and the press.

As usual, he's got everything he wanted, everything his own way and still managed to completely fuck everything up.

What can you say about a guy who can't release an allegedly complete album in 7 years despite having been given well over a decade for the previous one?

He can't keep in shape. He can't hold a band together. He can't put out albums. He won't rehearse. He gets on TV in front of massive crowds and international audiences for things like Rio and through his lack of effort and preparation makes a fucking clown of himself and everyone around him. He never learns, they leave, he whinges and whines.

Difference is now nobody buys into his 'vision' anymore. No one really cares.

All anyone with half a brain should expect from Axl at this point is a big shitty heap of nothing capped off with the occasional mortifying disappointment. Don't feel too bad for him though. A. He brought it all on himself and B. He's done a great job of surrounding himself with paid off brown-nosers who'll hide the fact that the world is laughing at him.

Axl shouldn't forgive Axl for what Axl has done to Axl.

100 million percent spot on.

• Like 1

We always forget to factor in Axl taking the blame for the reunion sucking.

Exactly. Not only is he the one who's shoulders it would rest on (and call me crazy, but past evidence leads me to believe the guy doesn't necessarily handle responsibility well), but he's had 15 years of having shows run his way with everyone else afraid to say boo to him....

....and still has had his share of disasters, ludicrously late starts, cancellations etc. So how does anyone think it's going to go when suddenly he has to compromise and deal with people who aren't going to let him have 100% run of the show? Professionals who won't kiss his arse, won't accept riots and disappointed fans, feel like they should have an equal say in the setlist etc.?

There's only one way it would go down.

I just we judge Axl on some moment in our minds when GNR were huge and kings of the world. Even though they were a collective trainwreck. Axl was on top directing huge music videos, they guys were doing coke on speedboats and just about everyone was blowing and by proxy the fans lived through that. But it was fleeting. Axl maybe bought into more than any of them. But he also tried to get a handle on it.

I give him respect for not walking away. He could have just said forget it. He didn't die or quit he stood and fought. He took some criticism but how bad is it really? No need to quit.

The only reason to quit would be to do a huge reunion later.

I guess this is the role Axl has been given. The bad guy. Or the fuck up.

But yeah everyones a giant failure because they didnt stay the course. They will never be as big again. A reunion will be like an apology.

It really is this cosmic celebrity judgemental thing that takes away from any music they will or have made. How can anyone or any band live up to that moment before Illusions came out?

Maybe a reunion is a way to save the day. Or is it just a false hope?

We always forget to factor in Axl taking the blame for the reunion sucking.

Exactly. Not only is he the one who's shoulders it would rest on (and call me crazy, but past evidence leads me to believe the guy doesn't necessarily handle responsibility well), but he's had 15 years of having shows run his way with everyone else afraid to say boo to him....

....and still has had his share of disasters, ludicrously late starts, cancellations etc. So how does anyone think it's going to go when suddenly he has to compromise and deal with people who aren't going to let him have 100% run of the show? Professionals who won't kiss his arse, won't accept riots and disappointed fans, feel like they should have an equal say in the setlist etc.?

There's only one way it would go down.

He seems like the one who will get blamed, probably be his fault too.

I think in someways Axl doesnt want all that attention. Of a reunion. The pressure. He seems to enjoy the touring hes done in recent years. Below the radar a little. Taking the plaudits for the past success. I dont think hes looking to be successful.

Maybe now he is. But hes been chilling.

But I think if they are doing it for fame and money they might get embarrased. Its a challenge. It would be a big deal. But it would like aw shucks stopping sucking so hard.

Charlie Waffles is back. With syrups.

With GNR the sky is never enough.

Not that he gives a flying fuck...but do we really want to see a reunion of 60 year olds?

I wish they have had done it in 2002 or 2006..but really...Its now or never.

I don't care if he brings Hendrix back from the dead and tours Chinese Democrazy 2 ...it ain't gonna work.

99% of the world doesn't give a flying fuck about what Axl does or doesn't do. It's just us losers.