Will the world forgive Axl if he doesn't do the reunion?

Release UYI 91. Tour til 94. Get off the road. Write songs. Hit studio. Possibly 96. But by 99 they had a record. Even with Slash quitting. It's just the label/Axl didn't go with it etc. 2000 Intentions. Axl is even quoted as saying he was ready to mix after rerecording with RTB. Basically 10 years after UYI was out.

They seemed to have more than CD, there is another record that they started working on too. The record that was rejected in 2010 was possibly trying to make up for lost time. In the chats Axl was saying CD was a double.

Maybe the label just didn't see that as the best way to maximize sales of a GNR record. Hold off look for another exclusive deal. Unless there's money there the wheels won't move. My impression is Axl doesn't care much about the label. If they said yes in 2000 we'd have got version of CD. Obviously they were delaying looking to see the right numbers. Or they were just too scared to release Beavan's industrial record as it would take GNR too far away from it's audience.

But whatever the reason 2 records in 20 years since 2000 isn't as bad. But at least CD is strong 14 tracks. No covers or filler really. It has legs and longevity. Next year for CD 2 would be perfect.

You actually believe this stuff? Songs like ''If the World'' and ''Scraped'' are virtual archetypes in any definition of 'filler' - by any objective analyse of that album. And 'legs' and 'longevity'? ''Legs'' to take it to the bargain basket you mean? The album sunk without trace.

You actually believe this stuff? Songs like ''If the World'' and ''Scraped'' are virtual archetypes in any definition of 'filler' - by any objective analyse of that album. And 'legs' and 'longevity'? ''Legs'' to take it to the bargain basket you mean? The album sunk without trace.

Not commercially. Artistically. You know... for people that are into that sort of shit. I've been listening to Chinese for 7 years now, and that's not including the leaks that came 2 years before the album was released.

You could say If The World, Scraped, and Riad are fillers, but personally I think If The World is a fun song with amazing Axl vocals and a great Bucket solo. Riad is all sorts of awesome. Scraped is the one song I could never get into.

Edited by Rovim

Release UYI 91. Tour til 94. Get off the road. Write songs. Hit studio. Possibly 96. But by 99 they had a record. Even with Slash quitting. It's just the label/Axl didn't go with it etc. 2000 Intentions. Axl is even quoted as saying he was ready to mix after rerecording with RTB. Basically 10 years after UYI was out.

They seemed to have more than CD, there is another record that they started working on too. The record that was rejected in 2010 was possibly trying to make up for lost time. In the chats Axl was saying CD was a double.

Maybe the label just didn't see that as the best way to maximize sales of a GNR record. Hold off look for another exclusive deal. Unless there's money there the wheels won't move. My impression is Axl doesn't care much about the label. If they said yes in 2000 we'd have got version of CD. Obviously they were delaying looking to see the right numbers. Or they were just too scared to release Beavan's industrial record as it would take GNR too far away from it's audience.

But whatever the reason 2 records in 20 years since 2000 isn't as bad. But at least CD is strong 14 tracks. No covers or filler really. It has legs and longevity. Next year for CD 2 would be perfect.

I hate If The World and it's pure filler to me. But I still wouldn't say that it's filler by any objective analyse of the album. I've read many reviews where ITW is considered one of the stand out tracks of the album. So it's a matter of taste. It's a filler song in my opinion, but objectively it's not.

I hate If The World and it's pure filler to me. But I still wouldn't say that it's filler by any objective analyse of the album. I've read many reviews where ITW is considered one of the stand out tracks of the album. So it's a matter of taste. It's a filler song in my opinion, but objectively it's not.

Come on, I think it is about as objective as you can get within a (generally) subjective media that is music. And I like a few songs from CD but If The World has 'filler' written all over it: a Hispanic Bond number! And Scraped is simply a terrible song. Like I said, I do not hate the album enough to appreciate some of the songs on there and the work that went into those songs but those two are definite filler.

It doesn't matter if the world forgives Axl or not anyway. He's done and he's going to spend the rest of his days holed up in his mansion sucking his housekeeper's Nanalalas. So people think he's shit and fucked everything up. What's it to him? Pass another round of reindeer sausage.

What use are credibility and respect to you if you're too lazy and useless to do anything?

Edited by tomfriend

I don't think most of the world really cares only us geeks on this forum. :lol:

I agree. Most the world will have forgotten he exists, just cos he's out of sight. Aren't there about 9 billion people on the planet? I care but then I wouldn't be on his forum if I didn't!

Come on, I think it is about as objective as you can get within a (generally) subjective media that is music. And I like a few songs from CD but If The World has 'filler' written all over it: a Hispanic Bond number! And Scraped is simply a terrible song. Like I said, I do not hate the album enough to appreciate some of the songs on there and the work that went into those songs but those two are definite filler.

ITW had movie tie in. These days that's the big single on the album. It's the most immeadiate and catchy song on the album and is just a love song. It's not as bitter or angry as some of the others.

Scraped and Riad aren't that significant. I'd say filler if you want. But Scraped is one of my favorites. The Scraped - Sorry combo.

I'm still listening to CD. I just keep coming back to it.

Edited by wasted

Without the reunion Axl will always be known as the loser who ruined Guns n Roses. That's just a fact. That's the perception at large and it would be hilarious to see anyone try to argue otherwise. If they reunite and put out a good album he may be given some reprieve but honestly hiss legacy is intact as a wicked frontman who became a joke of his former self and a douchebag who ruined Guns n Roses.

Don't forget that everyone wrote him off in the early 00s, he was a chub then too. He comes back in 06 and everybody has forgot about the poor 02 tour / VMAs and the paunch. If he comes back (even with the current incarnation) looking and sounding good, with a decent album people will be happy to see him, and they will continue to go to the shows.

Ummm... NO not everyone forgot. The hardocre fans may have forgave but the public perception at large was still he had turned into a douche who ruined GnR and was a shell of himself. Two of the shows I went to in 2006 were awful and he did more to hurt his rep among friends I went with than erase what people had come to think. He came out in 2006 and put out an album only 2 years later. Nobody wants or cares about Slashless Axl Rose so.....

There is not ONE timeless song on chinese democracy.

Give it 20 more years so people can digest it and listen to it objectively. Everyone who dislikes CD clearly hasn't listened to it or won't give it a chance because there's no Slash. It's impossible for people to dislike the album after listening to it objectively or without a bias. The songs are perfect complex logical sequel to the evolution of the GNR joke.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 3

Oh, I think it's entirely possible for someone to listen to CD (or ANY other album out there, regardless of quality) and dislike it on a personal level. We don't all like the same stuff or the same styles of composition and performance, and that'd not always about quality, it's about what personally appeals to us and what does not. Having said that though, if CD is assessed for what it is, as opposed to a comparison with AfD/UYI and without the whole ZOMG AXL RUINED EVERYTHING)!)!)!))!)! biases, it's way better than some give it credit for. I can definitely see it as being an album that might be better appreciated in time.

• Like 1

ITW had movie tie in. These days that's the big single on the album. It's the most immeadiate and catchy song on the album and is just a love song. It's not as bitter or angry as some of the others.

Scraped and Riad aren't that significant. I'd say filler if you want. But Scraped is one of my favorites. The Scraped - Sorry combo.

We know!

Without the reunion Axl will always be known as the loser who ruined Guns n Roses. That's just a fact. That's the perception at large and it would be hilarious to see anyone try to argue otherwise. If they reunite and put out a good album he may be given some reprieve but honestly hiss legacy is intact as a wicked frontman who became a joke of his former self and a douchebag who ruined Guns n Roses.

Don't forget that everyone wrote him off in the early 00s, he was a chub then too. He comes back in 06 and everybody has forgot about the poor 02 tour / VMAs and the paunch. If he comes back (even with the current incarnation) looking and sounding good, with a decent album people will be happy to see him, and they will continue to go to the shows.

Ummm... NO not everyone forgot. The hardocre fans may have forgave but the public perception at large was still he had turned into a douche who ruined GnR and was a shell of himself. Two of the shows I went to in 2006 were awful and he did more to hurt his rep among friends I went with than erase what people had come to think. He came out in 2006 and put out an album only 2 years later. Nobody wants or cares about Slashless Axl Rose so.....

Sorry Bono, but you're wrong. People care and are happy to support a Slashless gnr. Proven each time Guns roll around the world and sell a boat load of tickets. It's also proven when Axl is spotted out and about and it becomes global music news... wow! Axl is shopping or at a club... if nobody cared, the media wouldn't cover it.

Facts are, most people don't care who's in the band, they only care now because there's a huge spotlight on Gnr and a global boner for classic guns. In 2006-2014 people went to see gnr and most agreed that it was a damn good show.

I saw guns in 2006, friends that came with me who weren't even big fans left convinced about the new band (dublin 06)... so weigh that up against your experience and you can see that not everybody is gonna walk away with the same feelings. They still think he's a nut job, and an asshole but they know he puts on a good show.

We know!

I'm sorry to cause you so much pain. Not my intention really.

We know!

Not pain - amusement.

I suppose I will give you some credit: you genuinely seem to like this album. It needs all the support it can get.

if CD is assessed for what it is, as opposed to a comparison with AfD/UYI and without the whole ZOMG AXL RUINED EVERYTHING)!)!)!))!)! biases, it's way better than some give it credit for. I can definitely see it as being an album that might be better appreciated in time.

No. That might be how you feel about it but that's not how everyone feels about it. Someone could just give me an unopened CD and I would turn it down. There's nothing about it that appeals to me regardless of who is or isn't on it.

We know!

Not pain - amusement.

I suppose I will give you some credit: you genuinely seem to like this album. It needs all the support it can get.

Its not a competition though.

if CD is assessed for what it is, as opposed to a comparison with AfD/UYI and without the whole ZOMG AXL RUINED EVERYTHING)!)!)!))!)! biases, it's way better than some give it credit for. I can definitely see it as being an album that might be better appreciated in time.

No. That might be how you feel about it but that's not how everyone feels about it. Someone could just give me an unopened CD and I would turn it down. There's nothing about it that appeals to me regardless of who is or isn't on it.

This.

There are people in this forum who do not know the difference between objective and subjective and/or opinion and fact.

Chinese Democracy is a terrible, terrible album, an unlistenable piece of shit, for me, you know, not for the earth. Luckily nobody knows the album exists around here so chances of someone giving me an unopened copy of that turd are pretty much zero. Thank God.