Adrianna Smith Attacks Slash and defends Axl (sort of) in online rant

This may have been my fault. She asked me to send her contact to Slash and let him know that she is coming to the gig with the kids. I didn't forward to him until the day of the gig because I was very busy at work and forgot about it. LA is home town and hundreds of people live there that know slash. So its hard to get everyone passes. I asked him for passes for a friend that we both knew very well from 1976 to 1980 from school and he told me that the gig is already way over booked and just gave me some passes for my family.

The more important question is, how was the show?

the show was fcking gr8 m8,

i got to meet marc

The show was great and it was a full house. Nice to see that! The problem is my ears are not so good anymore. so I couldn't hear Slash that well except for Rocket Queen and Anastasis. I have trouble with 2 different frequencies and I may end up getting hearing aids soon to help hear better. For about a year now I have had trouble hearing what people are sayiong to me sometimes and when I'm on a cell phone, I have to hold it really tight to my ear. I always thought this only happens to people that are old or are born that way, I guess I was wrong.

this is just weird, these old school chicks coming back into the picture lol ----- its pretty funny.... they should do an old school GNR reunion with all the chicks from back in the day - i guess that's what she/they wanted

what is the comment about slash screwing over axl? is slash too cool for school? axl seems to be a bit more warm hearted with people he cares about ????

How the fuck do people who can't put a cohesive sentence together get to claim they wrote a good song?

one word: drugs

more words: heroin, cocaine, crack etc.

They fried their brains just like Adler

thats not Barbi....last name is spelled wrong

its spelled Grief everywhere on the internet...hell i even checked the AFD liner notes to confirm

Possible

The last time i saw her name on this forum, it turned out that some psycho used her name

There is a blog somewhere when th author claims that she is Barbi but it turned out that's an impostor

Geez, i started to feeling like i'm an idiot because i know these things, because i came here to the forums and read about a former 80's groupie

facepalm

That was my first thought when I saw that "Barbi von Grief" post. Whoever she is, she's not even able to spell her supposed name correctly. IIRC, the person who was claiming to be BvG before had all of these bizarre delusions about how she'd helped Axl and how every song was actually about her even though she was a child, among other things. This post sounds similar to that. My money would be on this being the same psycho "Barbi" or another very similiar person who is trying to get attention.

The show was great and it was a full house. Nice to see that! The problem is my ears are not so good anymore. so I couldn't hear Slash that well except for Rocket Queen and Anastasis. I have trouble with 2 different frequencies and I may end up getting hearing aids soon to help hear better. For about a year now I have had trouble hearing what people are sayiong to me sometimes and when I'm on a cell phone, I have to hold it really tight to my ear. I always thought this only happens to people that are old or are born that way, I guess I was wrong.

For what it's worth, I also felt that Slash was a bit buried in the mix.

Personally I don't get why you would want a friend's autograph. And posting crap on facebook that involves your kids is not cool. As a friend she should know how annoying that has to be for a musician to be signing autographs after performing. She needs to get in the new millennium and just keep her memories to herself. And her mouth shut. Everybody in that crowd did dark shit back in the day.

This may have been my fault. She asked me to send her contact to Slash and let him know that she is coming to the gig with the kids. I didn't forward to him until the day of the gig because I was very busy at work and forgot about it. LA is home town and hundreds of people live there that know slash. So its hard to get everyone passes. I asked him for passes for a friend that we both knew very well from 1976 to 1980 from school and he told me that the gig is already way over booked and just gave me some passes for my family.

Hi Marc! Totally unrelated. I was standing at the box office line for Slash's show at the Palladium on Friday. I could have swore it was you standing in front of me but was too shy to say hi.

Edited by passenger57

As far as the autographs are concerned, I think it depends on the situation. If you are a author or musician you might occasionally sign a personal inscription to a close friend or someone who has helped you (I'm thinking of all those restaurants and shops that have headshots from various celebrities with "thank you" notes, or authors who sign copies of books for close friends and family).

Expecting an autograph? Not okay. And if someone hasn't seen you in however many years, you have not kept in touch and you aren't really friends anymore, asking them for favors or backstage passes just isn't cool. Ranting about it on Facebook because you feel entitled isn't cool either. Nobody's entitled to get autographs, merch or backstage passes from someone they haven't seen or spoken to in decades.

Edited by stella
  • Like 2

No interpunction in america?

Reading that was cringe-worthy! She is a song-writer? yikes

I'm sure you've attended your fair share of loud gigs! The damage doesn't always show up until later.