Truth is....we allowed this to happen.

DIST

they were far more solid and cohesive than Buckethead and Finck were.

I think people get this impression because Ron and Assba covered the songs closer to the original versions. Finck and BH tried to add their own styles when covering Slash's original music. And I must say I prefered BH and Finck's approach. Ron sounded like a very competent and professional cover musician. Assba tried really hard to copy Slash.
Perhaps other people feel that way, but not me. I agree that Buckethead DID bring his own unique and interesting approach to the classic stuff, but not Finck. Let's be real here, Finck played the classic stuff WORSE than any gnr guitarist, including ashba. Ashba is a close 2nd though, so I'm not praising him by any stretch. Yes Finck tried to do new things with the solos, but they always came across as very sloppy and unskilled. The material he helped create is a completely different story, but the classic songs suffered while Finck was in the band, especially November Rain. His take on that song was PAINFUL to listen to.

As for having Finck and Buckethead in the same band, it is pretty well documented that they didn't get along. Its really hard to be in a band of you just plain don't like a person in it. Plus let's not forget, Finck also gave BBF a hard time when he joined the band, so clearly Finck is just plain hard to get along with, at least for fellow guitar players.

So adding all these factors up, then yes BBF and Ashba made a better pair than Buckethead and Finck, or even BBF and Finck. Even though the most talented band was the 2002 line up, the 2009 and on line ups were clearly the more cohesive.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

This post has a good point. I saw NuGNR in Dallas in 2011, but only to see Axl and Dizzy. I've seen Slash and Steven, so I'm just trying to knock out my OG5+DR bucket list. But if Axl recruits two more random guitarists, I have a hard time seeing half as many people fork up the money to see it. I'm a diehard fan for life, but I wouldn't go watch a NuNuNuGNR concert. If Axl tries it again, I think he'll have to notice the lower crowds.

As long as there's nothing new going on, definitely not going to see them again.

There are way too many good bands out there to waste more money on a same shit different day GnR show. Plus, I don't like indirectly paying for Team Complaints.

My sentiments exactly. Not another red cent goes towards this band if the next step is more touring. Each tour leg/residency has been a downgraded version of the last since 2011. I'm not interested in funding TB's lavish lifestyle while they tour with GNR, bleeding the name dry. I want to see Axl put out more music. That's it.

Edited by sofine11

As long as there's nothing new going on, definitely not going to see them again.

There are way too many good bands out there to waste more money on a same shit different day GnR show. Plus, I don't like indirectly paying for Team Complaints.

My sentiments exactly. Not another red cent goes towards this band if the next step is more touring. Each tour leg/residency has been a downgraded version of the last since 2011. I'm not interested in funding TB's lavish lifestyle while they tour with GNR, bleeding the name dry. I want to see Axl put out more music. That's it.

That was quite rude. I had a blast at the last 2 residencies. So did a lot of other fans,.Why do people feel the constant need to bash TB? They are hardly bleeding the name dry.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

That was quite rude. I had a blast at the last 2 residencies. So did a lot of other fans,.Why do people feel the constant need to bash TB? They are hardly bleeding the name dry.

Pfffffffffft.

I can't believe people out there defend tb for anything... Edited by mr. ritz88

They seem like people who have integrity, loyalty and morality. Something lacking in most business managers that GNR had in the past. Why is that a bad thing?

What you listed are great attributes for an assistant to Axl. The attributes that matter to the brand are what is best for the band. They have done the opposite. Kissing Axl's ass has created a complacent and boring artist.

It can't be argued that what they have enabled through their eggshell walk is anything good.

Simple question:

Has the quality, motivation, production and performance of the band raised or lowered since they took over?

The obvious answer is they have taken the path of least resistance with Axl and as a result, did only what is best for THEM!

Edited by Rustycage

They seem like people who have integrity, loyalty and morality. Something lacking in most business managers that GNR had in the past. Why is that a bad thing?

What you listed are great attributes for an assistant to Axl. The attributes that matter to the brand are what is best for the band. They have done the opposite. Kissing Axl's ass has created a complacent and boring artist.

It can't be argued that what they have enabled through their eggshell walk is anything good.

Simple question:

Has the quality, motivation, production and performance of the band raised or lowered since they took over?

The obvious answer is they have taken the path of least resistance with Axl and as a result, did only what is best for THEM!

How do you know any of that. Axl is hardly a complacent and boring artist. Just because his work hasn't been officially released YET does not mean that it is boring and complacent. Far too many business managers confuse what is best for the brand with what is best for the artist. Axl is to me an artist of the highest integrity because he hasn''t sold his soul to the brand.

Simple question:

How do you know any of that. Axl is hardly a complacent and boring artist. Just because his work hasn't been officially released YET does not mean that it is boring and complacent. Far too many business managers confuse what is best for the brand with what is best for the artist. Axl is to me an artist of the highest integrity because he hasn''t sold his soul to the brand.

Could this be any more full of shit?

For starters, the fact that he hasn't released anything in 7 years since CD and there are ZERO hints at that being in the future plans shows that management is failing somewhere along the way. Complacency.

Second, band managers manage the BAND not the artist. Their job is to do what will make the band the most prosperous. That is what the label expects out of a band which they release material and front tours. Declining attendance due to poor production and performances along with procrastination about future material is not a recipe for success.

Lastly, "Axl didn't sell out for the brand?" WTF do you consider brushing all of the original members aside so he keep be the sole owner of the brand name? An artist with integrity would have taken his sole new musical direction and released it solo without a name to hide behind. When you say Axl has integrity through all of this, you bankrupt the term "integrity."

Simple question:

For starters, the fact that he hasn't released anything in 7 years since CD and there are ZERO hints at that being in the future plans shows that management is failing somewhere along the way. Complacency.

Second, band managers manage the BAND not the artist. Their job is to do what will make the band the most prosperous. That is what the label expects out of a band which they release material and front tours. Declining attendance due to poor production and performances along with procrastination about future material is not a recipe for success.

Lastly, "Axl didn't sell out for the brand?" WTF do you consider brushing all of the original members aside so he keep be the sole owner of the brand name? An artist with integrity would have taken his sole new musical direction and released it solo without a name to hide behind. When you say Axl has integrity through all of this, you bankrupt the term "integrity."

I completely disagree. He has the highest integrity as he was the last man standing. He had a right to protect HIS VISION! I beg to differ about any of the shows having poor production and performances.

Simple question:

Pure conjecture. You look at the situation and don't like what you see and put the blame on Team Brazil without any evidence they are at fault and not Axl himself. How do you know TB isn't doing exactly what they are paid for by Axl? The only criticism I am willing to level on TB right now and based on actually evidence, is their incompetence in communication with the fanbase, and even that one might argue is not their job but a publicist.

I can't fathom how willingly people bash people on insufficient grounds. I am NOT saying TB aren't the problem, just that we can't know that for sure as of right now, and that Axl is a more likely cause of what is wrong with GN'R. I don't know why people bash TB so much based on nothing but assumptions, but I guess some plausible reasons are trolling, for the lols, not wanting to bash Axl, misoginy, envy, ethnocentrocity, and good old stupidity.

Simple question:

Pure conjecture. You look at the situation and don't like what you see and put the blame on Team Brazil without any evidence they are at fault and not Axl himself. How do you know TB isn't doing exactly what they are paid for by Axl? The only criticism I am willing to level on TB right now and based on actually evidence, is their incompetence in communication with the fanbase, and even that one might argue is not their job but a publicist.

I can't fathom how willingly people bash people on insufficient grounds. I am NOT saying TB aren't the problem, just that we can't know that for sure as of right now, and that Axl is a more likely cause of what is wrong with GN'R. I don't know why people bash TB so much based on nothing but assumptions, but I guess some plausible reasons are trolling, for the lols, not wanting to bash Axl, misoginy, envy, ethnocentrocity, and good old stupidity.

Nothing is wrong with GNR. they are on hiatus!

Simple question:

One of your problems is assuming TB has been hired to make Axl release music or any other things you think would be best for the band. Why on earth do you think so? :D is there ANYTHING that suggests this to be the case? And not that they just have been hired to do what Axl tells them to do?

Simple question:

I disagree. Here is what I think is wrong with Guns N' Roses:

- Completely failure at keeping their loyal fanbase in the loop of what is happening. Like right now with two band members having left without the band making a statement. In fact, what little communication takes place is often marred by contempt.

- Failure to deliver on time. Axl had a huge vision of what he wanted to do. He failed at doing these things. In fact, the band announced numerous release dates etc.

- Too low productivity.

- Keeping their band members in the dark. I mean, it is easy for us fans to complain, but what about the poor band members who get to hear news from us rather than from Axl/TB?

-

Simple question:

I disagree. Here is what I think is wrong with Guns N' Roses:

- Completely failure at keeping their loyal fanbase in the loop of what is happening. Like right now with two band members having left without the band making a statement. In fact, what little communication takes place is often marred by contempt.

- Failure to deliver on time. Axl had a huge vision of what he wanted to do. He failed at doing these things. In fact, the band announced numerous release dates etc.

- Too low productivity.

- Keeping their band members in the dark. I mean, it is easy for us fans to complain, but what about the poor band members who get to hear news from us rather than from Axl/TB?

-

Do you not understand the meaning of the word hiatus?

Nothing is wrong with GNR! They're only missing 2 guitarists and possibly a bassist!

/casm

Which will all be replaced by worthy individuals.

I'm still not believing you are a serious poster.

What is so outlandish about her claim? I think it's logical to suggest GNR will go out on tour at some point, and when they do, any vacant positions will be filled by competent musicians.