Truth is....we allowed this to happen.

DIST

They seem like people who have integrity, loyalty and morality. Something lacking in most business managers that GNR had in the past. Why is that a bad thing?

What you listed are great attributes for an assistant to Axl. The attributes that matter to the brand are what is best for the band. They have done the opposite. Kissing Axl's ass has created a complacent and boring artist.

It can't be argued that what they have enabled through their eggshell walk is anything good.

Simple question:

Has the quality, motivation, production and performance of the band raised or lowered since they took over?

The obvious answer is they have taken the path of least resistance with Axl and as a result, did only what is best for THEM!

Pure conjecture. You look at the situation and don't like what you see and put the blame on Team Brazil without any evidence they are at fault and not Axl himself. How do you know TB isn't doing exactly what they are paid for by Axl? The only criticism I am willing to level on TB right now and based on actually evidence, is their incompetence in communication with the fanbase, and even that one might argue is not their job but a publicist.

I can't fathom how willingly people bash people on insufficient grounds. I am NOT saying TB aren't the problem, just that we can't know that for sure as of right now, and that Axl is a more likely cause of what is wrong with GN'R. I don't know why people bash TB so much based on nothing but assumptions, but I guess some plausible reasons are trolling, for the lols, not wanting to bash Axl, misoginy, envy, ethnocentrocity, and good old stupidity.

Nothing is wrong with GNR. they are on hiatus!

I disagree. Here is what I think is wrong with Guns N' Roses:

- Completely failure at keeping their loyal fanbase in the loop of what is happening. Like right now with two band members having left without the band making a statement. In fact, what little communication takes place is often marred by contempt.

- Failure to deliver on time. Axl had a huge vision of what he wanted to do. He failed at doing these things. In fact, the band announced numerous release dates etc.

- Too low productivity.

- Keeping their band members in the dark. I mean, it is easy for us fans to complain, but what about the poor band members who get to hear news from us rather than from Axl/TB?

-

Do you not understand the meaning of the word hiatus?

In fact I do. But what makes you think my criticism only applies to the last year?

They seem like people who have integrity, loyalty and morality. Something lacking in most business managers that GNR had in the past. Why is that a bad thing?

What you listed are great attributes for an assistant to Axl. The attributes that matter to the brand are what is best for the band. They have done the opposite. Kissing Axl's ass has created a complacent and boring artist.

It can't be argued that what they have enabled through their eggshell walk is anything good.

Simple question:

Has the quality, motivation, production and performance of the band raised or lowered since they took over?

The obvious answer is they have taken the path of least resistance with Axl and as a result, did only what is best for THEM!

Pure conjecture. You look at the situation and don't like what you see and put the blame on Team Brazil without any evidence they are at fault and not Axl himself. How do you know TB isn't doing exactly what they are paid for by Axl? The only criticism I am willing to level on TB right now and based on actually evidence, is their incompetence in communication with the fanbase, and even that one might argue is not their job but a publicist.

I can't fathom how willingly people bash people on insufficient grounds. I am NOT saying TB aren't the problem, just that we can't know that for sure as of right now, and that Axl is a more likely cause of what is wrong with GN'R. I don't know why people bash TB so much based on nothing but assumptions, but I guess some plausible reasons are trolling, for the lols, not wanting to bash Axl, misoginy, envy, ethnocentrocity, and good old stupidity.

Nothing is wrong with GNR. they are on hiatus!
I disagree. Here is what I think is wrong with Guns N' Roses:

- Completely failure at keeping their loyal fanbase in the loop of what is happening. Like right now with two band members having left without the band making a statement. In fact, what little communication takes place is often marred by contempt.

- Failure to deliver on time. Axl had a huge vision of what he wanted to do. He failed at doing these things. In fact, the band announced numerous release dates etc.

- Too low productivity.

- Keeping their band members in the dark. I mean, it is easy for us fans to complain, but what about the poor band members who get to hear news from us rather than from Axl/TB?

-

Do you not understand the meaning of the word hiatus?
so you say GN'R is on hiatus for about 7 years then?

The current status of the band is that they are on hiatus!

Nothing is wrong with GNR! They're only missing 2 guitarists and possibly a bassist!

/casm

Which will all be replaced by worthy individuals.

I'm still not believing you are a serious poster.

Deadly serious. I met the King of Hell at the Salute to Supernatural Convention this past weekend. He gave me a nice warm hug, and he told me that he loved me. He granted me the power to see and speak the TRUTH!!!!

I've been thinking hasn't Axl and GNR toured for 3 years on and then 3 years off for years now?

So right now Axl and whatever GNR members are left are on break right now.

Don't sweat it. There are so many awesome bands releasing new cds and touring well into 2016.

Don't wait for Axl and GNR to tour. go out and party!

No matter what you think or say, it won't change anything.

If these vacant guitar and bassist positions aren't filled by Slash, Izzy/Gilby, and Duff, then what's the fucking point? Really?

I remember back in the early-mid 2000s people were genuinely excited to see what Axl had up his sleeve. It was all like some secret society, passing hidden knowledge amongst themselves but never letting it reach the public. We craved these mythical song titles that we'd seen in magazines and websites. We were foaming at the mouth. Then we found out CD consisted of turds like If The World and Scraped and suddenly it all seemed a bit silly. Is this the best Axl has got? Where's these mythical "big guns" like The General, Soul Monster, Thyme, etc? My guess is THEY DON'T EXIST. It all got worse when DJ Assba joined the cover band and it was then that we knew Axl's vision had truly failed. I can only imagine how Axl looks back on his failed endeavor (probably doesn't give a single fuck) but it all seems like we kinda wasted our time waiting for this alleged masterpiece.

The only big guns at this point would be Slash, Duff, and Izzy.

• Like 1

If these vacant guitar and bassist positions aren't filled by Slash, Izzy/Gilby, and Duff, then what's the fucking point? Really?

Continue with a new lineup and bring joy to the masses? Maybe even a lineup that can help create music so there will be new releases? Another chapter in the GN'R book? Even if it isn't as good as a reunion (with my views on a reunion I think it would be hard to not be) it is still much better than to just throw in the towel. Unless you have some problems with GN'R continuing to exist and can't let us other people have the enjoyment, that is.

Continue with a new lineup and bring joy to the masses? Maybe even a lineup that can help create music so there will be new releases? Another chapter in the GN'R book? Even if it isn't as good as a reunion (with my views on a reunion I think it would be hard to not be) it is still much better than to just throw in the towel. Unless you have some problems with GN'R continuing to exist and can't let us other people have the enjoyment, that is.

I don't care if others enjoy the cover band, but comon, we don't need more endless touring with the same set lists every show. Let's face it: there's no music coming so the best thing is surely to reunite with the real band. Let them tour and maybe, just maybe Axl would be motivated to make new music. He's clearly not motivated by the band he has/had now. Motivation is key and I think a reunion would be all the motivation Axl needs to get off his ass and help make a great album. The GN'R legacy can live on with the real band and the fans get what we've wanted for 20 years.

Before CD came out at least you could delude yourself that he was ''hiding away working on a masterpiece'' a la Brian Wilson. But then you see the fruits of that and it contains Scraped and Shackler's Revenge, you realise you have been sadly mistaken.

I used to believe back in 2002 or even 2006 that there was a sort of strategy in place when in fact it has been obvious that Axl is habitually lazy, makes it up as he goes along and needs Slash and Izzy to produce great music.

Indeed.

I cannot understand people that would prefer to hear new music than a reuion. If CD was a great album, like truly fucking great I could understand people wanting to hear more. But then CD came out with songs like if the world and riad and bedouins, and we've all heard silkworms which is instantly forgettable. If a reunion is done right, and not just an average nostalgia show with the same set list every night, I for one would pay any amount of money to see it. Even if the shows weren't great and Axl still has the tonne in his gut, I'd pay any amount of money to see the Appetite-illusions on stage together, because it would be the first Guns N'Roses show since 1993.

I think I would need some new material played live at least to get me to the show. But for 90% just the chance to hear Axl sing the classics is enough.

I'lm the 1st one to rip on any NuGuns however I'll always be 1st in line to see Axl perform. I just remind myself it's Axl Rose I'm seeing, not Guns n Roses. And yeah- other than Better and maybe SOD I don't need to hear any of CD.

I, certainly, never allowed anything to happen.

I supported Axl when he came back in 2001 with nuGuns, I knew that band wasn't Guns N' Roses, so I treated them as another band that happened to have the frontman of a band I love. Buckethead, Finck and Brain are amazing musicians and they absolutely deserved better. When Buckethead left in 2004, I absolutely lost interest and stopped following nuGuns until 2009 when I found out they were going to perform here in Peru.

Personally speaking, the idea of "nuGuns" died with Buckethead leaving, so for me it was "Axl's band covering Gn'R songs" from that point on. Anyways, I bought my ticket knowing that I would see Axl Rose and some other guys he has hired to play Slash's solos and Izzy's riffs, but I didn't care. I wanted to see Axl and I got my money's worth. It was a great show. It wasn't Guns N' Roses and it wasn't nuGuns either but I had an awesome time.

After Rio 2011, where Axl made a fool of himself and completely and absolutely destroyed the image he had a year before, I stopped supporting him. Until the day he gets his shit together he won't get my support whatsoever. Not one single cent will be spent on anything he does if he's still performing like a sad joke.

I, certainly, never allowed anything to happen.

I supported Axl when he came back in 2001 with nuGuns, I knew that band wasn't Guns N' Roses, so I treated them as another band that happened to have the frontman of a band I love. Buckethead, Finck and Brain are amazing musicians and they absolutely deserved better. When Buckethead left in 2004, I absolutely lost interest and stopped following nuGuns until 2009 when I found out they were going to perform here in Peru.

Personally speaking, the idea of "nuGuns" died with Buckethead leaving, so for me it was "Axl's band covering Gn'R songs" from that point on. Anyways, I bought my ticket knowing that I would see Axl Rose and some other guys he has hired to play Slash's solos and Izzy's riffs, but I didn't care. I wanted to see Axl and I got my money's worth. It was a great show. It wasn't Guns N' Roses and it wasn't nuGuns either but I had an awesome time.

After Rio 2011, where Axl made a fool of himself and completely and absolutely destroyed the image he had a year before, I stopped supporting him. Until the day he gets his shit together he won't get my support whatsoever. Not one single cent will be spent on anything he does if he's still performing like a sad joke.

*applauds*

The only failure about NuGnR was how Axl handled it at times, NuGnR had tons of potential. But to put it most simply Axl in the NuGnR era never seemed like he came to a conclusion on if he wanted to still be a relevant musical artist/band in todays world, to dedicate all it takes, and this lead to many different issues & hindrances for him and the band. And it's not like Axl and NuGnR didn't already have an uphill battle from the beginning to be successful because of people in the mainstream world believing it was all his fault for the collapse of the original band (whether it's right or wrong) this was just going to cause him an uphill battle. Basically he had to conduct this new band perfectly to get any credit whatsoever imo.

But also and maybe most importantly to me at this point is if the world never gets ALL the CD era songs released to listen to, that will be a major tragedy in terms of viewing this era from outside in. Because shouldn't the band at least want us to fully admire the creative musical product/effort of this mostly lost era ? After all the actual music is the real meat of the meal ultimately for an artist.

Edited by amacfantasy