Drum-Cam footage of Steven Adler playing GNR classics in Connecticut

Great videos, but I think when it comes to the reunion subject most people know Adler can still play. That has never been the issue. In fact, it's pretty impressive when you consider the stroke and drug abuse. The problem when it comes to the reunion is that he has proven time and time again that he is unreliable. That's where Axl, Slash, and Duff would likely have a problem with hiring him for a full tour. He's a liability. It's a shame because he's the right guy for the job and can still play, but all the same I think Matt would get the gig.

Adler is simply not able to cope with pressure, he's proven that in the past many times.

i find it really annoying to read such nonsense

Great videos, but I think when it comes to the reunion subject most people know Adler can still play. That has never been the issue. In fact, it's pretty impressive when you consider the stroke and drug abuse. The problem when it comes to the reunion is that he has proven time and time again that he is unreliable. That's where Axl, Slash, and Duff would likely have a problem with hiring him for a full tour. He's a liability. It's a shame because he's the right guy for the job and can still play, but all the same I think Matt would get the gig.

steven is reliable for reunion until he proves otherwise

also, its funny to talk about "being reliable" when you have axl rose in the picture

• Like 1

Adler is simply not able to cope with pressure, he's proven that in the past many times.

It's not really nonsense, but in any case Steven will not be the drummer in a reunion scenario because he's proven to be his own worst enemy regarding Guns. He and Axl supposedly made up in 2006, and then Steven talked shit about Axl and co. all the way up to the HoF show, and apparently Slash and Duff aren't too fond of him either.

And honestly, he's relapsed too many times for the pressure of a high-profile reunion tour to not be a liability. (I say, suddenly remembering Rio 2011.....)

I imagine they'd go with either Frank or Matt, the band will be "professional", Axl would be the only liability :lol:

...because 'professional'' is a word that automatically springs to mind when one thinks of Guns N' Roses?

I cannot believe a band consisting of one burst pancreas, a pisser on airmiles and someone who crashed through a shower cubicle to escape 'the little devils' - not to mention a certifiable fruit loop - do not believe in given a guy a chance! All of their best music was made on junk anyways.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 3

also, its funny to talk about "being reliable" when you have axl rose in the picture

Adler? No way...the only logical conclusion is Frank Ferrer.

Same shit with Izzy- like he wouldn't be able to cut it.

A half assed guest spot with Axl's hack band is a bit different to a bona fide reunion, I have no doubt that both Adler and Izzy would get their shit together for that....fuck, as pointed out, Axl is just as half assed as any of the others.

Where did I say Adler wasn't the right guy? All I pointed out is that he has a poor track record so I could see he other guys favouring Matt for the reunion. Can he be reliable enough for a tour? Maybe, but that doesn't mean the guys want to risk it because of said track record. I think it's very telling that Slash and Duff have never worked with him in a band capacity.

If the "original five" reunion were to happen, Slash and Duff would be the most reliable ones.

Adler can still play his ass of, but I think he would eventually drop the ball. Reunion would probably be too much for him. Personally, I would love to see Sorum behind the kit, but Ferrer is pretty, if not equally, good too.

Where did I say Adler wasn't the right guy? All I pointed out is that he has a poor track record so I could see he other guys favouring Matt for the reunion. Can he be reliable enough for a tour? Maybe, but that doesn't mean the guys want to risk it because of said track record. I think it's very telling that Slash and Duff have never worked with him in a band capacity.

all 5 guys in GNR have poor track record when it comes to being reliable, or being normal, or being nice, or being regular people

they are all disfunctional in different levels and I dont even have to mention examples of that because there are too many examples of that and because we on this forum know them all

you know who is NICE AND RELIABLE?

fucking bumblewhatever, fuckin fortus whatever, fucking miles whatever. all these reliable people that play in axls band and in slashs band. these are all normal, reliable, professional, nice, hard-working musicians, and they are also BORING

who cares if izzy, slash, axl, duff and steven are reliable? who wants reliable? who likes reliable? who needs guns n roses to be reliable? are you fucking kidding me? these five guys are all UNRELIABLE, guns n roses has been an unreliable mess from day one until the last show with adler in farm aid 1990, AND, yet, when they were together no one could fucking touch them

• Like 3

all 5 guys in GNR have poor track record when it comes to being reliable, or being normal, or being nice, or being regular people

they are all disfunctional in different levels and I dont even have to mention examples of that because there are too many examples of that and because we on this forum know them all

you know who is NICE AND RELIABLE?

fucking bumblewhatever, fuckin fortus whatever, fucking miles whatever. all these reliable people that play in axls band and in slashs band. these are all normal, reliable, professional, nice, hard-working musicians, and they are also BORING

who cares if izzy, slash, axl, duff and steven are reliable? who wants reliable? who likes reliable? who needs guns n roses to be reliable? are you fucking kidding me? these five guys are all UNRELIABLE, guns n roses has been an unreliable mess from day one until the last show with adler in farm aid 1990, AND, yet, when they were together no one could fucking touch them

This post is spot fuckin on. So goddamn true it hurts. That was one of their biggest draws was you had no idea what the hell could happen next with them and so you couldn't dare take your eyes off them. I'm personally on board with just having the straight 5 original members and I couldn't give less of a fuck about being some reliable boring ass band I want to be on the edge of my seat but for a good reason.

And he also of course can play "Don't Cry," "Knockin On Heavens Door," and "Back Off Bitch" because those were regularly on the setlist in the early days. I think "Perfect Crime" may have also been written when Steven was still in the band, not totally sure so don't quote me on that.

And he also of course can play "Don't Cry," "Knockin On Heavens Door," and "Back Off Bitch" because those were regularly on the setlist in the early days. I think "Perfect Crime" may have also been written when Steven was still in the band, not totally sure so don't quote me on that.

Yes, it was played live 31st October 1986 Ackerman Hall.

A half assed guest spot with Axl's hack band is a bit different to a bona fide reunion, I have no doubt that both Adler and Izzy would get their shit together for that....fuck, as pointed out, Axl is just as half assed as any of the others.

Izzy's had his shit together for almost 30 years. Whether he'd choose to do an extended tour or not has nothing with him not being able to cut it. He's way more stable than Axl and probably Slash as well.

Izzy's had his shit together for almost 30 years. Whether he'd choose to do an extended tour or not has nothing with him not being able to cut it. He's way more stable than Axl and probably Slash as well.

exactly

Izzy has released like 12 or more albums since he left GNR

he didnt tour because he didnt want to

I wanna see Adler play Locomotive or Perfect Crime, I have no idea when these were written so maybe he did already. I used to know when loads of UYI songs were originally composed but they've fluttered out of my brain I guess.

PC is an old one. They played it back in their club days with Steven on drums. Marc Canter's got a recording of it. I have heard parts of it. I don't think there's any recordings of Locomotive with Steven, or if he ever got to rehearse it before he was kicked out of the band.

I wanna see Adler play Locomotive or Perfect Crime, I have no idea when these were written so maybe he did already. I used to know when loads of UYI songs were originally composed but they've fluttered out of my brain I guess.

PC is an old one. They played it back in their club days with Steven on drums. Marc Canter's got a recording of it. I have heard parts of it. I don't think there's any recordings of Locomotive with Steven, or if he ever got to rehearse it before he was kicked out of the band.

There's a demo (Rumbo?) with Steven playing Locomotive, surprised you of all people didn't know/don't remember that one.

• Like 1

There's a demo (Rumbo?) with Steven playing Locomotive, surprised you of all people didn't know/don't remember that one.

And it's just been talked about here on this forum :D