Drum-Cam footage of Steven Adler playing GNR classics in Connecticut

Can he play UYI stuff tho?

I think this is a very important question to ask. If Steven wants to be the man, he needs to show that he can play Estranged, YCBM or DTJ, not SCOM for the millionth time.

Steven wrote most of the drum parts for UYI... Listen to the demos with Steven... Matt just cleaned them up and played with perfect timing. But same stuff as Steven for the most part.

Adler sounds great to me. Would be cool if he could make some appearances on the reunion tour. It would kill him not to be a part of it.

His big happy smile was always a nice counterpoint to Axl's awesome onstage rage. That was always part of the Appetite Era chemistry I missed. Never saw it in any other band. Original GnR had the perfect image/chemistry.

Obviously still got it. If there's ever a reunion, Steven must be allowed to play. Non negotiable. Izzy as well.

This. It appears from the outside looking in that izzys role will be decided ultimately by izzy. He should be a part of this thing but who are we kidding he will decide his own role. Adler is a tough one and he's not helping himself every time he talks smack about the band.

Obviously still got it. If there's ever a reunion, Steven must be allowed to play. Non negotiable. Izzy as well.

This. It appears from the outside looking in that izzys role will be decided ultimately by izzy. He should be a part of this thing but who are we kidding he will decide his own role. Adler is a tough one and he's not helping himself every time he talks smack about the band.

The thing is, that Duff and Steven are a great rhythm section. It's not just Adler's groove that is so Gn'R, it's how him and Duff sound together as a unit and what they bring to Guns that is so special.

As for Izzy, I think he'll do it if there's not too much horseshit going on. Slash never sounded as good with another rhythm player grounding him musically. And Axl is the voice of Gn'R and coupled with Slash's guitar you get something very special.

That's Guns N' Roses. I don't oppose Slash, Duff, and Fortus in the same band. I think that could be cool, but no reunion is a real reunion without Steven and Izzy.

The thing is, that Duff and Steven are a great rhythm section. It's not just Adler's groove that is so Gn'R, it's how him and Duff sound together as a unit and what they bring to Guns that is so special.

As for Izzy, I think he'll do it if there's not too much horseshit going on. Slash never sounded as good with another rhythm player grounding him musically. And Axl is the voice of Gn'R and coupled with Slash's guitar you get something very special.

That's Guns N' Roses. I don't oppose Slash, Duff, and Fortus in the same band. I think that could be cool, but no reunion is a real reunion without Steven and Izzy.

Knowing axl and seeing that guns pretty much evolved into a 3 person guitar system, I could even see slash and Izzy doing it with Richard being kept on as a 3rd guitarist, for the purpose of sound in a live setting.

has anyone thought that fortus and ferrer were also insurance back ups for adler or izzy to fill in should the need be there

I'm pretty sure that's the rumor that Eddie Trunk heard. I think that there's a good chance of them setting it up so Fortus and Ferrer are the touring players that will be at every gig, but occasionally, they'll fly in Matt, Izzy, and possibly Steven for a few songs, kind of like how Axl's been doing it with Izzy and Duff appearances since 2006.

I can see the stadium shows being all about "ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mr. Izzy Stradlin'", but tuesday night gig at the NEC arena in Birmingham UK or at the FedEx Forum in Memphis would feature only Richard Fortus on guitar.

Edited by Eddie Money
  • Like 1

has anyone thought that fortus and ferrer were also insurance back ups for adler or izzy to fill in should the need be there

I'm pretty sure that's the rumor that Eddie Trunk heard. I think that there's a good chance of them setting it up so Fortus and Ferrer are the touring players that will be at every gig, but occasionally, they'll fly in Matt, Izzy, and possibly Steven for a few songs, kind of like how Axl's been doing it with Izzy and Duff appearances since 2006.

I can see the stadium shows being all about "ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Mr. Izzy Stradlin'", but tuesday night gig at the NEC arena in Birmingham UK or at the FedEx Forum in Memphis would feature only Richard Fortus on guitar.

this would give me the ultimate sigh of relief

gotta have at least izzy up there with all the other guys, i mean more than anyone else in that crew, he is the real SOUL of GNR and without him seems like a set of individuals paying homage to him and his songwriting

to bring in adler too would set roofs on fire, happy clam groovy drrummer

frank and richard just have zero persona and not much GNR in them