Bring it back home

So I have always been a pretty big fan of this song. I always felt the song had that sleazy vibe that the classic band excelled at. The fact the song never got a proper release always bummed me out, I feel it is by far the best unreleased gnr song.

I actually made a video for the song, with the best possible audio available. I admit it isn't my best work, I through it together one afternoon a few years ago. But due to computer problems I haven't been able to release anything for quite some time. But now I am finally able to release a bunch of videos.

Here is my Bring it back home, let me know what you think about the video. Or perhaps just talk about the song in general.

• Like 3

the RIFF of that song alone is better than the entire Chinese Democracy album, better than the entire Loaded discography and it is also a million times better than any song that Slash released with that nice guy named Miles on vocals

the song is a monster indeed, I am not even sure this is a proper GNR song as this could be West Arkeen on guitar, and other guys playing?

:headbang:

• Like 1

Why didn't Crash Diet get an official release (or did it)? That song is awesome. I like it more than some of the songs that ended up on AFD

Is there enough classic/pre-classic unofficially released (and never released) material for an album?

This song is so good

Also, I've never listened to Bring it Back Home. I'll check it out now OP

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

The songs have nice parts but there's a reason they don't go further than demo stage. Still love them. GNR has so many hidden gems i really hope the original guys that wrote our favorite songs reunite and find that spark again. It's very very rare in bands and in particular between two or even three people. Lot of time wasted but in some ways not. People have to find their way in life and i bet the outside influences didnt help.

I'm pretty sure Crash Diet has non gnr members playing on it, that's why I have never really given it much time tbh. But Bring it back home is 1000% real gnr, you can just tell that's slash on guitar.

I guarantee its at least Axl, Slash, and Duff. I've read a rumor that it's a drum machine beat, that this demo was created between adlers departure and before the hired sorum. But again that's just a rumor. Perhaps there is some real percussion, but for the most part, I do think it's a drum machine. Izzy could very well be on this song as well, but I can't guarantee that. But it's woithout a doubt axl, slash, and Duff. All three make their presence felt.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

The songs have nice parts but there's a reason they don't go further than demo stage. Still love them. GNR has so many hidden gems i really hope the original guys that wrote our favorite songs reunite and find that spark again. It's very very rare in bands and in particular between two or even three people. Lot of time wasted but in some ways not. People have to find their way in life and i bet the outside influences didnt help.

I sort of agree with you, there must have been a reason why it never made it on the illusions. But having said that, this song is crying for a revist. If a reunion does happen, this should be one of the first "new" songs they talk about. It just has everything that rock is missing at the moment. I agree that it needs some tweaking. But having said that, that riff and Axls lyrics do get stuck in my head.

Recorded at the 'Hell House' (1139 North Fuller Avenue) on Del James's home studio, with drum machine circa 1985. The rest of the songs are, quoting from memory, ''Crash Diet'', ''Sentimental Movie'', ''Just Another Sunday'', ''Too Much Too Soon'', ''Bad Obsession'', ''Yesterdays'' and ''The Garden''. ''Crash Diet'' was later recorded/released by Asphalt Ballet.

• Like 2

Like the song. Video, idk, the dancing chicks is just a played out lame 80s cock rock cliché.

True... But given the subject nature of the song, I couldn't really think of any other way to go with it. I appreciate your honest feed back. Like I said, it's hardly my best work, I literally through it together one afternoon about 3 years ago.

My sympathy for the devil, has literally gone viral. Which is pretty cool. But that's not my favorite of mine either, I did one for Coma that I really put a lot of time in, synching the audio with live performance and what not. But for whatever reason, sympathy is the big seller.

Here it is

https://youtu.be/LFY_6mSBi9E

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

FYI, classic gnr is not the easiest band to synch up recorded versions to live performances. They used to change tempos slightly when playing live. NUgnr on the other hand is super easy to do, they literally played the songs the same every night. Which isn't here nor there, just an interesting tid bit I learned while making these videos.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

Recorded at the 'Hell House' (1139 North Fuller Avenue) on Del James's home studio, with drum machine circa 1985. The rest of the songs are, quoting from memory, ''Crash Diet'', ''Sentimental Movie'', ''Just Another Sunday'', ''Too Much Too Soon'', ''Bad Obsession'', ''Yesterdays'' and ''The Garden''. ''Crash Diet'' was later recorded/released by Asphalt Ballet.

This^. Also add It's mostly West Arkeen on Guitar, not Slash.

No way that West on guitar on Bring it back home and not Slash. No way no how, not accepting that. Perhaps on the rest of those songs, especially Crash Diet, but not Bring it back home.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

are you sure of that? any source (gnr members, Del James etc) can confirm that?

Too bad West checked out so early. I wonder if he might've performed with the new band at some point had he stuck around a little longer.

• Like 1

I love that old, sleazy, sexy sound of Guns n' Roses. I miss it so much. I still listen to them all the time and I love it, but, MAN, I'd love to hear a new album made of tunes like this. It's great!

Could you imagine that? That'd be amazing

Never listened to this one before. I dig it.

Can we please get an album of unreleased songs/demos?!?!?!?!

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

I love that old, sleazy, sexy sound of Guns n' Roses. I miss it so much. I still listen to them all the time and I love it, but, MAN, I'd love to hear a new album made of tunes like this. It's great!

Could you imagine that? That'd be amazing

Never listened to this one before. I dig it.

Can we please get an album of unreleased songs/demos?!?!?!?!

Yeah, I'm really liking it, too!