Guns N' Roses News Conference Argentina 1992

Does anybody know what the big deal was in Argentina when they played back in 1992? Seems like the press were cooking up some lies about them. Axl even makes an appearance and doesn't look very happy.

Politics using the media to get ppl distracted to cover dirty business.

They were saying that Axl burn an Argentine flag in the Paris gig and some shit like that.

There was a really hostile atmosphere at the time, cos many ppl buy those stories. But then they gave a hell of a show and it was televised for everyone to see that everything was bs.

Very stupid rumors going around that time, huh? Why would Axl play in South America if he despised the continent? Didn't they play in Brazil Rock In Rio the year before that? Or they wanted people to believe he had an issue with Chile and Argentina only? :lol:

Unfortunately both Chileans and Argentinians showed their ignorance and stupidity by spitting on them and throwing shit.

Very stupid rumors going around that time, huh? Why would Axl play in South America if he despised the continent? Didn't they play in Brazil Rock In Rio the year before that? Or they wanted people to believe he had an issue with Chile and Argentina only? :lol:

Unfortunately both Chileans and Argentinians showed their ignorance and stupidity by spitting on them and throwing shit.

Spitting was a common thing at the time. I don't remember when it started. But the throwing stuff (at least in Argentina) was a couple of dickheads, everyone else was having a really good time at least in the stadium. But yeah, outside, the general public was buying all that shit. I remember Slash showing his ass to ppl in a bus, that silly and fun joke escalated pretty bad. I remember some stupid friends burning a USA flag cos of that.