Scott Weiland says GNR will reunite

Scott Weiland Says Guns N’ Roses Will Reunite
by Brett Buchanan - Nov 5, 2015
weilandgnr-700x452.jpg

I conducted an in-depth interview with former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland last night for Alternative Nation that will be posted in its entirety on Monday, and during the interview Weiland said he thinks the original Guns N’ Roses lineup will reunite. When I asked him about his feud with Axl Rose in 2006 amidst rumors at the time of a Guns N’ Roses reunion, Weiland had some interesting comments for Alternative Nation.

“I remember a little bit about it. There was a little going back and forth between the two of us at the time, but I think that Guns N’ Roses are getting back together.”

When I pressed Weiland on how he knew, he responded: “I just heard that.”

“We’ve heard rumors,” Weiland’s Wildabouts bassist Tommy Black added.

Weiland praised Slash’s starpower. “I think Slash is actually a bigger star right now than Axl.” Tommy Black called Slash a ‘brand.’ Weiland said, “He’s the hat.”

I also asked Weiland why he claimed Velvet Revolver were reuniting for a new album and tour in 2012, and he blamed Slash’s ex-wife for the reunion not happening following the band’s one off benefit show for John O’Brien.

“Because we did a show together, and there was talk about us getting back together, but Perla, Slash’s ex-wife, kind of put the kibosh on everything.”

“As far as getting back together, I thought at the time we would get back together and do a tour.”

Check Alternative Nation on Monday for Weiland’s most candid interview in years where he discusses what really led to tension in STP during the band’s reunion, Chester Bennington’s status with STP, collaborating with ex-Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha, Nirvana, Sub Pop, STP’s early days as Swing and Mighty Joe Young, his inspiration behind Blaster, and much more.

Weiland recently released an app featuring a new song called “Back to the City.” He is currently touring the United States with his band the Wildabouts.

http://www.alternativenation.net/scott-weiland-guns-n-roses-reunion/

Aternative nation has not proven to be the most reliable source of news on GNR. They have alot of clickbait posts .

It's a direct quote from Weiland who has more connections in the Music Industry than any fan on a GN'R message board. Same thing with Fred Durst. These are the dudes who would know of this stuff way before us. WE NOW BELIEVE MORE THAN EVER. THANK YOU WEILAND BY TAKE CARE OF HIM. I think this will turn into a thread bashing Scott but if this is going down (pun intended) he'd still have ties to Duff and Slash and would be in the know even if he can't reveal his sources.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

n

Aternative nation has not proven to be the most reliable source of news on GNR. They have alot of clickbait posts .

It's a direct quote from Weiland who has more connections in the Music Industry than any fan on a GN'R message board. Same thing with Fred Durst. These are the dudes who would know of this stuff way before us. WE NOW BELIEVE MORE THAN EVER. THANK YOU WEILAND BY TAKE CARE OF HIM. I think this will turn into a thread bashing Scott but if this is going down (pun intended) he'd still have ties to Duff and Slash and would be in the know even if he can't reveal his sources.

I am not bashing Scott in any way or any knowledge he may have or not have. I am just saying that alternative nation is not a reliable news source. All that Scott says is that he just heard it. And they will take that and blow it up to get more hits. Maybe it's just Scott's opinion. Or somebody's wishful thinking that was passed on to him.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

n

I am not bashing Scott in any way or any knowledge he may have or not have. I am just saying that alternative nation is not a reliable news source. All that Scott says is that he just heard it. And they will take that and blow it up to get more hits. Maybe it's just Scott's opinion. Or somebody's wishful thinking that was passed on to him.

What would you expect Weiland to say? That he heard it from Slash's Guitar Tech? The man has been successful in music for almost 25 years. He's built up contacts. He had at least five years working directly with Slash,Duff and Matt. Do you think this alternative nation guy is attempting to become rich by duping GnR fans? Every website story is click bait. If they don't get hits,they can't get interviews and can't continue. Find a better cause to protest against. Maybe contact Matt Sorum and ask if he needs your help with the dolphins.

n

What would you expect Weiland to say? That he heard it from Slash's Guitar Tech? The man has been successful in music for almost 25 years. He's built up contacts. He had at least five years working directly with Slash,Duff and Matt. Do you think this alternative nation guy is attempting to become rich by duping GnR fans? Every website story is click bait. If they don't get hits,they can't get interviews and can't continue. Find a better cause to protest against. Maybe contact Matt Sorum and ask if he needs your help with the dolphins.

That's a really good idea. I love dolphins. And if a reunion were to occur I would want him on drums. Although I think Frank is an awesome drummer. Met him at hart and Huntington tatoo at the hard Rock Hotel in las vegas, really nice guy.

I do agree with him that in 2015, Slash is a bigger star than Axl. But a lot of that is Axl's own fault. He has changed his look too much, Slash on the other hand still wears the top hat and what not. When is the last time we saw a clean shaven Axl wearing a bandana without a fedora? For most of the 2000s Axl had dreads. I understand wanting to change your look, I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, but it has led to him become less marketable than Slash imo. As well as the multitude of nugnr missteps.

But having said that, Axl is still one of the biggest rock stars in the planet. If he slims down, shaved his handle bars, and wears a bandana for the possible reunion, I bet his stock would rise drastically. People want the snake dancing, bandana wearing, street urchin and the top hat wearing guitar player together. That's the look of guns n roses to 90% of the population.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ
  • Like 1

I do agree with him that in 2015, Slash is a bigger star than Axl. But a lot of that is Axl's own fault. He has changed his look too much, Slash on the other hand still wears the top hat and what not. When is the last time we saw a clean shaven Axl wearing a bandana without a fedora? For most of the 2000s Axl had dreads. I understand wanting to change your look, I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, but it has led to him become less marketable than Slash imo. As well as the multitude of nugnr missteps.

But having said that, Axl is still one of the biggest rock stars in the planet. If he slims down, shaved his handle bars, and wears a bandana for the possible reunion, I bet his stock would rise drastically. People want the snake dancing, bandana wearing, street urchin and the top hat wearing guitar player together. That's the look of guns n roses to 90% of the population.

I would rather have a reunion without the hat and the bandana than with'em. Music is what matters. In fact I would be happy if Slash decides not to wear his hat anymore.

@free bird,

I don't disagree with you. I could honestly careless about the top hat and bandana. But again, to 90% of the population that's what gnr is supposed to look like.

which is kinda silly. Do people still want Madonna to walk around in her underwear and cruxifixes? People evolve as they get older. When i saw the David Bowie exhibit at the MOCA last year he reinvented his look many times over.

@free bird,

I don't disagree with you. I could honestly careless about the top hat and bandana. But again, to 90% of the population that's what gnr is supposed to look like.

which is kinda silly. Do people still want Madonna to walk around in her underwear and cruxifixes? People evolve as they get older. When i saw the David Bowie exhibit at the MOCA last year he reinvented his look many times over.

Most people aren't concerned with Axl's look having evolved so much as it having devolved.

• Like 1

@free bird,

Most people aren't concerned with Axl's look having evolved so much as it having devolved.

I still think he's hot. And there were alot of beautiful women at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas who felt the exact same way.

You guys keep looking for proof of a reunion taking place, isn't it enough that we have not heard a word from Axl, TB or anyone in his camp since Slash said they had talked?

Amidst all the speculation and rumors over the last 2-3 months isn't it odd that nobody inside GNR will talk. Nobody possibly involved in a reunion will talk, it's crazy. It would be so easy to end the speculation but instead this is exactly what they want. They are building the possibility up so when it's announced there already be a build up that's ready to explode. People will go nuts.

They know what they are doing, we don't need anyone to confirm a reunion.

• Like 2

You guys keep looking for proof of a reunion taking place, isn't it enough that we have not heard a word from Axl, TB or anyone in his camp since Slash said they had talked?

Amidst all the speculation and rumors over the last 2-3 months isn't it odd that nobody inside GNR will talk. Nobody possibly involved in a reunion will talk, it's crazy. It would be so easy to end the speculation but instead this is exactly what they want. They are building the possibility up so when it's announced there already be a build up that's ready to explode. People will go nuts.

Slash never said they talked.

exactly
  • Like 1

At this point if something is in the works the circle of those in the know could be as small as 100 people (band members,immediate family,close friends) so it isn't out of the realm of possibility that Weiland would know one of these people. We'll hear it from someone like him before one of our GN'R-insiders who think they are in the know since they "talk" to Frank Ferrer on Facebook and Twitter.