Duff's wife confirm reunion?

There must be something in the works. There have been too many of these pieces.

So many things could be going on. Duff's already filled in when Tommy wasn't around. Could this just be more of that in 2016, especially if there's a new record in the pipes?

The one thing that's keeping me from going into full "Rah rah reunion" mode, is the fact that last month Slash side stepped the question and said that in 2016 he'll be dedicated to his next solo album. I'm not sure if he would outright "lie" just to get beyond the question.

Lets be honest here - SOMETHING is going to happen. Not sure what, but there is no way those guys would pass up on an opportunity to do something that's going to make millions of fans freak out with excitement. I know Axl will up his game if he's on stage w Slash again. It's going to happen and it's going to be awesome.

• Like 2

Perhaps the rest of the band have found a way to clone Axl, 20 odd years of DNA research and finally Guns are coming back. Real Axl is now in the vault with Paul.

This is clearly the only plausible explanation for all these rumours. :lol:

Lets be honest here - SOMETHING is going to happen. Not sure what, but there is no way those guys would pass up on an opportunity to do something that's going to make millions of fans freak out with excitement. I know Axl will up his game if he's on stage w Slash again. It's going to happen and it's going to be awesome.

It's gonna be expensive. If it is happening I hope we get some decent notice!

• Like 2

Perhaps the rest of the band have found a way to clone Axl, 20 odd years of DNA research and finally Guns are coming back. Real Axl is now in the vault with Paul.

:lol: "In the vault with Paul..."

Anyhoo, wasn't 2016 supposed to be about the next album?

That's why I'm wondering if both are in the works.

• Like 1

Same here. Would it be completely outside the realm of possibilities for Slash & Duff to appear on a track or two, particularly the lead single?

Also, let's not forget there's business being conducted here. Maybe a reunion tour is the carrot that will get the label to release and promote the next album properly...

I honestly have no idea, there are certainly a lot of rumours flying around (and contrary opinions too, just for balance) I do struggle to imagine it all going smoothly enough to get as far as signing off the necessary legal stuff never mind getting on a stage and completing what I imagine to be a massive tour. Hopefully someone will start talking about something more concrete in the New Year, whether that be a reunion or new album/band members.

Well it would go some way to explaining why Axl would do an about face regarding working with Slash. If they were to continue working on his vision then he hasn't conceded as much (sort of!)

I honestly have no idea, there are certainly a lot of rumours flying around (and contrary opinions too, just for balance) I do struggle to imagine it all going smoothly enough to get as far as signing off the necessary legal stuff never mind getting on a stage and completing what I imagine to be a massive tour. Hopefully someone will start talking about something more concrete in the New Year, whether that be a reunion or new album/band members.

Yeah, there's certainly no shortage of details the need to be sorted out. Particularly, how the next album would factor into things, seeing how as they stand they contain NuGNR members. Again, I'm wondering how the original lineup would factor into that, and whether they'll perhaps be incorporated, albeit in top secret.

I can't help but wonder, if in fact both the new album and a reunion are right around the corner, if this was the deal that Axl had to make in order to make the release happen.

Edited by sofine11

Also she is pissed. Always remember, ''In Vino veritas'' ('In wine there is truth').

Yep. I definitely don't think it's coincidence that her drunk friend just blurted that out. What exactly "Guns N' Roses are coming back!" means is the question. Looking at the last 15+ years, it could mean roughly 3 different things.

Also she is pissed. Always remember, ''In Vino veritas'' ('In wine there is truth').

Yep. I definitely don't think it's coincidence that her drunk friend just blurted that out. What exactly "Guns N' Roses are coming back!" means is the question. Looking at the last 15+ years, it could mean roughly 3 different things.

I suppose it could at least indicate Duff's involvement, even without Slash Duff's involvement to him and his family at the very least would be GNR coming back.

This does all require some nuanced thinking though. :lol:

• Like 1

I suppose it could at least indicate Duff's involvement, even without Slash Duff's involvement to him and his family at the very least would be GNR coming back.

This does all require some nuanced thinking though. :lol:

Haha. It's ridiculous the amount of speculation gymnastics we have to do to make it seem like there's a coherent "plan" behind the scenes, isn't it?

I would be utterly astounded, but I hope Fernando was not blowing smoke when he said he'd be back soon with an update. Any day now, I'm sure.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

Well, this much I know: If Axl Rose (miraculously) manages to both release an album and reunite with Slash in 2016, it will without a doubt be the most exciting year to be a GNR fan since 1991. And that is saying a hell of a lot.

• Like 1

Same here. Would it be completely outside the realm of possibilities for Slash & Duff to appear on a track or two, particularly the lead single?

Also, let's not forget there's business being conducted here. Maybe a reunion tour is the carrot that will get the label to release and promote the next album properly...

Good point. I hadn't actually thought of the ramifications of a reunited lineup would mean with respect to Axl's relationship with the label. While I highly doubt Universal would ever hold up an album of original material from a band as large as Guns N' Roses, I do think they would be a little more conciliatory to the Guns camp should the classic lineup were to reform.

Good point. I hadn't actually thought of the ramifications of a reunited lineup would mean with respect to Axl's relationship with the label. While I highly doubt Universal would ever hold up an album of original material from a band as large as Guns N' Roses, I do think they would be a little more conciliatory to the Guns camp should the classic lineup were to reform.

I think it's fair to say that when you consider the monies involved, that they would be all over Axl's proverbial knob, should they get a wiff of a reunion. I'm not going to pretend that I know what the current relationship is between Axl and the label, but I would have to believe that they would be far more willing to play ball with the next album, considering the tidal wave of hype that a reunion would bring with it. Whether or Slash & Duff would appear on the album though, I have no idea.

Edited by sofine11

Come on now does anyone really think Axl is going to release an album unless it is reunion band material? As far as we know he never even went into the studio with NuGuns in the last 10 years so it would have to be the ChiDem leftovers and if there is going to be a reunion what sense would it make to release that material at that point?

The only scenario that could make sense in that case would be for Universal to finally release CHiDem II to cash in on any proposed reunion but even then I have my doubts as that would only confuse fans. Can't see the reunion band playing any NuGuns material.

Unless they do a complete album for the reunion I could see them maybe recording a couple of new tunes to play with the old hits.

Edited by classicrawker

I really thought Duff's wife was smarter than this. Why would you be best friends with one of those stupid housewives of whatever city she's from and they sound drunk.

Duff has been sober for years, so seeing his wife high and acting dumb is disrespectful to him.

whether or not GNR is reuniting I do hope we get a definite answer from someone who actually knows

If Slash and Perla were still together none of these conversations would even exist.

Why not? wasn't Perla the one who pushed Slash to go to Axl's house the night of the infamous Beta meeting where Beta claims Slash slagged his VR band mates?

I would think she would be all over a GnR reunion.............

If Slash and Perla were still together none of these conversations would even exist.

Why not? wasn't Perla the one who pushed Slash to go to Axl's house the night of the infamous Beta meeting where Beta claims Slash slagged his VR band mates?

I would think she would be all over a GnR reunion.............

Ofcourse she would. Perla is all about money. The only reason IMO that Axl and Slash were able to start to make some sort of peace is cuz she is out of the picture.