Duff's wife confirm reunion?

Your opinion doesn't change the fact that clearly a lot of people do.

These people who say things like "lol CD2" are short-sighted retards. Whether original members feature on it or not, a new GNR album with Axl Rose penned tracks is a HUGE deal and headline news, any way you slice it. No amount of scoffing while they sip their slurpies in front of their keyboards will change that.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

I really thought Duff's wife was smarter than this. Why would you be best friends with one of those stupid housewives of whatever city she's from and they sound drunk.

Duff has been sober for years, so seeing his wife high and acting dumb is disrespectful to him.

whether or not GNR is reuniting I do hope we get a definite answer from someone who actually knows

Relax, Francis. Susan isn't an alcoholic. She's allowed to get cocktailed now and then. And who knows if she's friend with this woman? They might just be acquaintances at the same party.

Susan uploaded this pic in her instagram a couple days ago

11221527_10205620264802015_7597489850213

IZZY IS ON THE PHOTO... THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD IS COMING BACK I CANT BELIEVE IT

No drummer in the pic on purpose? :P

Susan: Duff, can I at least hint at the reunion by posting an old pic of you guys?

Duff, Sure, love. Just make sure not to use a pic with Steven on it, he won't be part of it.

Susan: LOL of course, I'm not stupid.

Yeah kinda thought something like that too...

I hope Steven is on that photo somewhere behind the kit

but I dont really care if he is not

What I really care about is the five guys getting back together and creating, releasing and performing NEW music

that is gonna be the best

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Your opinion doesn't change the fact that clearly a lot of people do.

These people who say things like "lol CD2" are short-sighted retards. Whether original members feature on it or not, a new GNR album with Axl Rose penned tracks is a HUGE deal and headline news, any way you slice it. No amount of scoffing while they sip their slurpies in front of their keyboards will change that.

I do not know if I agree with that statement. Yes, Blabbermouth and Metal Sludge might report it for a few weeks but you know in your heart it will not be remembered, and lucky to sell 100,000. The world exhausted its interest in Axl with the CD saga - and did not even buy that when it finally came out.

From what I hear, her friend says Her husband something Guns N' Roses and then there is the Beep, I don't hear coming back, I assume she said her Husband Duff is from Guns N' Roses?

Her husband and guns n roses are coming back motherfuckers beeps out the start of motherfucker

If Slash records and releases another album and tours it it will keep him busy well into 2017, assuming if a reunion were to happen there would be an album as well as a tour. To put together a tour and rehearse and write and record an album it would take at least a year, that means realisticly if Slash does another SKMC record we wont have a reunion till 2018.

I think the time is now, there's a big buzz in the industry about it . They should ride the momentum of that buzz and announce the reunion spring 2016 and start promotions and then release an album and tour it starting fall 2016

There want be a album before a tour if there is that will be after

Perhaps the rest of the band have found a way to clone Axl, 20 odd years of DNA research and finally Guns are coming back. Real Axl is now in the vault with Paul.

This is clearly the only plausible explanation for all these rumours. :lol:

:lol: "In the vault with Paul..."

Anyhoo, wasn't 2016 supposed to be about the next album?

That's why I'm wondering if both are in the works.

Same here. Would it be completely outside the realm of possibilities for Slash & Duff to appear on a track or two, particularly the lead single?

Also, let's not forget there's business being conducted here. Maybe a reunion tour is the carrot that will get the label to release and promote the next album properly...

Good point. I hadn't actually thought of the ramifications of a reunited lineup would mean with respect to Axl's relationship with the label. While I highly doubt Universal would ever hold up an album of original material from a band as large as Guns N' Roses, I do think they would be a little more conciliatory to the Guns camp should the classic lineup were to reform.

I think it's fair to say that when you consider the monies involved, that they would be all over Axl's proverbial knob, should they get a wiff of a reunion. I'm not going to pretend that I know what the current relationship is between Axl and the label, but I would have to believe that they would be far more willing to play ball with the next album, considering the tidal wave of hype that a reunion would bring with it. Whether or Slash & Duff would appear on the album though, I have no idea.

With rumor of the Izzy track Down by the Ocean a possible track and Fortus talking about working on an old track that originated with Slash, you can see with a couple of solos added from Slash or parts that there's suddenly a way to hang CD II on a reunion tour. Tenuous to say the least but isn't that all GNR fans need? Axl writing a song with Slash and them on stage with Duff and it's a reunion tour.

Didn't Kiss do something like this? Like release a record, then do reunion shows with a different line up?

Didn't Kiss do something like this? Like release a record, then do reunion shows with a different line up?

You've it in reverse. Kiss released a 'reunited line-up' album (Psycho Circus) which was soon revealed to be a massive con job featuring a whole host of the usual Stanley/Simmons collaborators in Ace and Peter's place! It turned out that only one song featured the entire original line-up together!

Little of the album was played on the tour anyhow as it stunk to high-heaven and bombed without trace.

Man, if this had happened a week ago,I'd have asked Duff about it after the Kings Of Chaos show.

80c9345e-0370-4531-b1ca-97d2e3d5e6a0_zps

Dude! You met him? Dope

Yeah that was my 2nd time meeting Duff and the first time I met Matt Sorum. I missed Gilby (again) by like five minutes but now I'm up to getting pictures with about half of the 20-something guys who have been in GN'R (Adler,Duff,Buckethead,Stinson,Bumblefoot,Fortus,Dizzy,Pitman,Ashba,Sorum) I'm going for Josh Freese next but behind the venue as I would never pay to attend a Sublime with Rome show.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 1

You've it in reverse. Kiss released a 'reunited line-up' album (Psycho Circus) which was soon revealed to be a massive con job featuring a whole host of the usual Stanley/Simmons collaborators in Ace and Peter's place! It turned out that only one song featured the entire original line-up together!

Little of the album was played on the tour anyhow as it stunk to high-heaven and bombed without trace.

So the record wasn't really a reunion album just one song. Like CD II in 2016 with one song with a Slash or Izzy credit.

Then do a hybrid reunion tour with Slash and Duff in 2017.

We can out shitshow Kiss here. Let's not drop the ball on this one.

• Like 1

So the record wasn't really a reunion album just one song. Like CD II in 2016 with one song with a Slash or Izzy credit.

Then do a hybrid reunion tour with Slash and Duff in 2017.

We can out shitshow Kiss here. Let's not drop the ball on this one.

Yes but it was a con job, i.e. Stanley and Simmons did not want us to know that the originals were not playing. Thayer etc were not credited.That is a different scenario from what you mention, of ''CD II in 2016 with one song with a Slash or Izzy credit''. Psycho Circus was marketed as a full blown reunion album with Ace and Peter in the booklet. Ace and Peter, who had to go along with it because of money and contractual obligations, even play on the music video for 'Psycho Circus',

Neither of them play a note of music on the song! It is Thayer playing.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Yes, I got that. Just that it might serve as the same thing, loosely. Axl n Slash song gives the illusion that it's a real GNR album, now go see the tour!

It wouldnt be as much of a straight con. Just Slashing talking about playing on songs and working on an old song. There's also an Izzy song. Maybe Duff plays on it too. Then Izzy joins the tour as well. Might be 4-5 old Guns related tracks but then the album has 7 other CD era songs.

I can't see this happening really. Seems a bit far fetched. Cant see Slash coming back to be part of some CD related scam. But maybe it's more back to help out my buddy and get out on tour.

Edited by wasted

If it is a reunion, it might just be an one off like Zeppelin at the 02, or a short tour like the Lancaster Status Quo reunion. A quick jaunt, big cash then they all go off their separate ways, Slash to his Conspirators, Axl to whatever it is he does with his free time and Adler to his drugs.

If I could predict a reunion, that would be my guess of what type of reunion it would be: no recordings; no permanence.

I think Duff is in. Maybe Slash in some capacity. Don't know what that could mean for CD ll. Axl is good at incorporating a bunch of different guitar players with different styles.

If CD ll is similar to Chinese, than it's likely there are at least a few tunes Slash can play on.

If the album is finished, there isn't a valid artistic point in adding Slash and Duff, but the Chinese project is different cause Axl had no problem adding Bumble into the mix after Chinese was already "done". In that capacity, it could work with Slash imo.

But why even touch CD ll if Axl has more material in the vault? this is a very weird situation. Potentially.

Edited by Rovim

also you'd expect a Best of tour with Slash and Duff not songs from CD or CD II. Duff did it but with Slash and Izzy wouldn't they play a few more UYI songs. But it's kind of what Azzof was sugggesting just put CD out then do a reunion tour. So somewhere nobody gives a fuck as long as it ends in a reunion.

I would be amazed if after all this it's just Duff joining the skeleton crew of what's left of nuGNR.

* Axl's bestie and ever devoted sidekick DJ Ashba leaves the band

* Ron Thal leaves the band

* Slash declares he has reconciled with Axl

* Ex-band members, promoters and others in the industry or close to the circle talk of "hearing things about a reunion"

* NO-ONE is denying it

Believe me, I'm no optimist when it comes to Guns N Roses. Time has made me very much a realist. But tossing a coin, I'd call heads to a reunion with at least Axl, Duff and Slash, but probably Izzy as well. I hope like hell it's Izzy as well. I'd love Steve Adler on the kit but Sorum would also make it a legitimate reunion IMO if the other 4 original guys were there. Oh yeah I forgot about Dizzy .. oh well, where the cards fall with that one. Pitman or Ferrer are a no-go for an authentic reunion.

Lastly, I'm just glad Slash and Ax are on talking terms again and hopefully mending their relationship. That is the by far the most important part of all this.

also you'd expect a Best of tour with Slash and Duff not songs from CD or CD II. Duff did it but with Slash and Izzy wouldn't they play a few more UYI songs. But it's kind of what Azzof was sugggesting just put CD out then do a reunion tour. So somewhere nobody gives a fuck as long as it ends in a reunion.

You'd also expect Axl to release the rest of his magnum opus. I have no idea what is his position in that matter. Do you believe he'll put it on the side for a reunion record? that would be admitting defeat I think.

How long did it take Bumble to add his leads to Chinese? how long will it potentially take for Slash? I think it could be a combination, but this is all on the condition Slash is even in.

We don't even know if Duff is in. Axl's latest statement on more original material clearly clashes with the latest reunion rumors.

To be honest, at this point it's more than just a silly rumor to me, but the best thing to do is to just wait and see what we're going to get. This whole situation is textbook Axl. What the fuck is going on.

Edited by Rovim