Duff's wife confirm reunion?

These days a tour is more lucrative and easy to set up. A reunion tour is pretty by the book for rock bands these days.

Axl hasn't been putting out records for whatever reason.

Reunion looks like the path of least resistance. A red carpet made of blue m&ms.

These days a tour is more lucrative and easy to set up. A reunion tour is pretty by the book for rock bands these days.

Axl hasn't been putting out records for whatever reason.

Reunion looks like the path of least resistance. A red carpet made of blue m&ms.

I'm going to give Axl the benefit of the doubt here and say I don't think money is the most important thing for him. Axl doesn't do anything by the book. Except Vegas.

Even best case scenario to those who only care about a reunion will not include Steven imo and no one wants a dead Steven on their hands. If a reunion magically happens, not sure it's worth it if Steven isn't a part of it. Not sure if a full reunion is worth it at all to be honest.

It seems the rest of the members from the old line up want to do it.

Axl said the art comes first. I guess we'll see about that. Doesn't mean Slash and Duff can't be a part of material he actually wants to do.

I mean, Down By The Ocean and the Slash song thingy are already a part of songs that are good enough to be considered as CD ll material. What's a few Slash solos and riffs, if Slash is willing to go along with it, if Slash is back.

Edited by Rovim

A reunion without new music is meaningless to me.

The classic line up has played Jungle a thousand times already live. Who cares about seeing them play Jungle again together 20 years later.

It's like going to your thirty year reunion and hooking up with your ex, who you broke up with 25 years ago, and who is 50 years old now. That's a reunion with no new music.

But hooking up with your ex and her 25 year old daughter in a three-some - that's a reunion with a new album of music.

Which would you prefer?

The classic line up has played Jungle a thousand times already live. Who cares about seeing them play Jungle again together 20 years later.

It's like going to your thirty year reunion and hooking up with your ex, who you broke up with 25 years ago, and who is 50 years old now. That's a reunion with no new music.

But hooking up with your ex and her 25 year old daughter in a three-some - that's a reunion with a new album of music.

Which would you prefer?

A lot of people did not see the original band though because they were too young or not even born. And in a way a lot of people perceive Guns as breaking up when Slash left, nugnr being an aberration; a reunion then would be the first time Guns have played since 1993.

I actually agree with you. There is something depressingly soulless about these reunion jaunts without some artistic purpose, but that is not how everyone thinks and money will dictate the terms unfortunately.

Which would you prefer?

A lot of people did not see the original band though because they were too young or not even born. And in a way a lot of people perceive Guns as breaking up when Slash left, nugnr being an aberration; a reunion then would be the first time Guns have played since 1993.

I actually agree with you. There is something depressingly soulless about these reunion jaunts without some artistic purpose, but that is not how everyone thinks and money will dictate the terms unfortunately.

That's me, for example. Im not dying for a reunion record. I just want to see Axl and Slash share a stage together for the first time in my life. If there's an album coming, then even better. As i said, thats only me, i totally get what you're saying tough

• Like 1

Not believing it until I have tickets in my hands.

Very dubious video.

Me too.

I think if there was a reunion happening, it's probably between everyone's management making the plans and deals and Axl will just show up to perform.

I mean it's not like the original members have to travel together and Axl's already been onstage with Izzy and Duff. I also wonder if the original members would be playing with the remaining members of the now GNR?

Matt nor Steven have been approached about a reunion, so maybe Axl will keep Frank on as the drummer and Richard and Tommy too?

Guess time will tell, but if this does happen, I really hope fans respond and I hope I get good seats!

Not believing it until I have tickets in my hands.

Very dubious video.

Me too.

I think if there was a reunion happening, it's probably between everyone's management making the plans and deals and Axl will just show up to perform.

I mean it's not like the original members have to travel together and Axl's already been onstage with Izzy and Duff. I also wonder if the original members would be playing with the remaining members of the now GNR?

Matt nor Steven have been approached about a reunion, so maybe Axl will keep Frank on as the drummer and Richard and Tommy too?

Guess time will tell, but if this does happen, I really hope fans respond and I hope I get good seats!

Tommy was out last year when Duff was "FILLING IN". Tommy however didn't burn any bridges. I would assume that Frank is the drummer with potential special appearances from sorum / adler. The guitarists for limited dates probably be Slash, Izzy, and Fortus. Dizzy is basically permanent and Pitman completes the dangerous image. After a few dates Izzy will drop off and another guitarist will join.

There can be a lot of buildup towards a reunion but no one knows until it's announced, tickets are on sale, and the rehearsals go well. It was probably easier for the Eagles to go on a soundstage and reunite because it was studio controlled and edited for TV, than if GNR just went out there at Coachella and just went with it.

As far as Matt and Steven not being in the loop, keep in mind Duff was thrown on stage with a borrowed bass the first time, and had a few days to figure out how to do songs he had never performed before. Matt could figure those songs out in a day. He'd probably see what Frank uses and unless he was bringing the "big drums" back, would probably stick with what he uses for Kings of Chaos.

Which would you prefer?

That's me, for example. Im not dying for a reunion record. I just want to see Axl and Slash share a stage together for the first time in my life. If there's an album coming, then even better. As i said, thats only me, i totally get what you're saying tough

Even tho an album with Axl and Slash is something you can listen to for the rest of your life. You will get tens of thousands of hours of enjoyment out of it.

Seeing two dudes on stage together.....25 years after their heyday.....that's two hours worth of watching two guys who are way out of their prime perform together.

You would rather have two hours of that over literally say 10,000 hours of listening to new music?

Obviously we all can like what we like.

I just can't comprehend why people would rather see a two hour show over a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Once the show is over - it's done. That's it. Finished. As opposed to a CD, which you will listen to for the next 40 years.

A reunion now is like paying $200 to go see Magic Johnson play basketball.......at your local gym, when he is 55 years old and out of shape, and is just shooting some baskets.

But it's all good. To each their own! Hopefully we both will get our wish.

What about Vegas Residency The original 5 celebrate AFD 30th?

Hideous it would be, however it cannot be ruled out.

Then a DVD for your Christmas stocking

Ah come live a little. GNR burger van in the venue. Jingle All the Way t shirts, phones in the air. Open with One in a Million. I can see it all now.

Which would you prefer?

Even tho an album with Axl and Slash is something you can listen to for the rest of your life. You will get tens of thousands of hours of enjoyment out of it.

Seeing two dudes on stage together.....25 years after their heyday.....that's two hours worth of watching two guys who are way out of their prime perform together.

You would rather have two hours of that over literally say 10,000 hours of listening to new music?

Obviously we all can like what we like.

I just can't comprehend why people would rather see a two hour show over a lifetime of musical enjoyment. Once the show is over - it's done. That's it. Finished. As opposed to a CD, which you will listen to for the next 40 years.

A reunion now is like paying $200 to go see Magic Johnson play basketball.......at your local gym, when he is 55 years old and out of shape, and is just shooting some baskets.

But it's all good. To each their own! Hopefully we both will get our wish.

You cannot underestimate the power of a live experience, seeing the actual people perform the songs in front of you; it is the whole point really. There are experiences there that you will always remember - personal experiences. I will always remember Jagger coming up to me and doing some weird twirl for instance.

My own philosophy is, albums and performance work in a symbiosis. Once you remove one, whichever one it might be, the arsehole falls out. Take Axl. He has completely neglected his recording output and consequentially has become a washed-out nostalgia act. Conversely, it was sort of the beginning of the end when the Beatles quit playing live; Lennon-McCartney collapsing; the arrival of women and solo projects; conflict between McCartney and Harrison, etc. The ideal scenario is, album/tour/album/tour. Once you break that pattern, numerous problems crop up.

But I'm a traditionalist. I do not understand all these people who justify Axl's laziness by citing the collapse of the album market. I like to attend a show with an album in my hand (speaking figuratively). God bless Slash, Motörhead, Neil Young, et al. for keeping the album/tour cycle going.

• Like 2

I can't imagine them reunite without making new music. Slash and Duff are workaholics. I can see them pushing Axl. He doesn't even need to write new lyrics.

He seems to have enough in the vault.

That said, still I don't believe they'll reunite at all.

Edited by Free Bird

Plot twist: Axl releases one song and crediting slash, duff, and izzy as playing it, convinces them to say they play on it, then everyone thinks its the hottest shit ever and its revealed to be a Robin, Fortus, Stinson, Brain band playing just to slap fans in the face

• Like 1

I actually would perceive a show as being more timeless than an album. Sure, you can listen to an album over and over, but it'll always be the same, whereas every show is unique in its own weird sorta way.

And to be honest, if I had to pick between going to see Axl and Slash at a reunion show with no new music, or be able to buy a record of new music from Axl and Slash (and I could only pick one), I would still go with the show.

I fell in love with gnr because of the music they made in their prime, not because of whatever B-grade tunes they're doin now. I wanna see them perform that prime music, and feel in some way or another as tho I'm in 1989 for a few hours, if that makes sense

• Like 1

Everyone is recording the shows too with their fruit phones so it's there if you want to experience it again.

But still if Izzy and Axl write the songs and Slash and Duff play them it's going to be a great album.

But the public want a nostalgia reunion. I kind of just want to see how crazy the crowd gets. If it's fruit phones in the air then I hope they can somehow shake them up with One in a Million.

Edited by wasted

Plot twist: Axl releases one song and crediting slash, duff, and izzy as playing it, convinces them to say they play on it, then everyone thinks its the hottest shit ever and its revealed to be a Robin, Fortus, Stinson, Brain band playing just to slap fans in the face

Lol no

This Brandi Glanville seems to live for publicity, and this video clip made the rounds in the media.

I checked her Twitter and Facebook page and there is no mention of her GN'R comment. This is the only thing she felt the need to address from that night:

https://www.facebook.com/brandiglanville1/posts/1241733145840110

"my ex husband paid good money for my breasts"

Classy lady, that one.