Top 20 Hyped Albums That Utterly Disappointed

It had to be a masterpiece because of the hype, gestation period and money invested, didn't it? It was a shock to the system to discover disposable numetal fodder like Scraped and Shackler's Revenge on there. ''This, was what Axl was working on, all this time?'' Total disbelief from yours truly!

• Like 1

It had to be a masterpiece because of the hype, gestation period and money invested, didn't it? It was a shock to the system to discover disposable numetal fodder like Scraped and Shackler's Revenge on there. ''This, was what Axl was working on, all this time?'' Total disbelief from yours truly!

I love Shacklers Revenge and rate it in my top GNR songs of all time. I was not shocked to discover a song like that on the album, nor do I consider it disposable or numetal.

• Like 3

I love Shacklers Revenge and rate it in my top GNR songs of all time. I was not shocked to discover a song like that on the album, nor do I consider it disposable or numetal.

Well then we differ. I cannot find a redeeming quality about the song and certainly believe it comes influenced by numetal, case in point,

Which possesses the exact same riff as 'Shackler's Revenge'.

While I love the album myself, I do agree that it could be considered the biggest disappointment of all time for many reasons. I wish the article went into more detail than just "It took 10 years". Yes, that's ONE of the reasons but it's certainly not the only one. It just seems lazy to me to leave the whole saga to just that sentence.

While I love the album myself, I do agree that it could be considered the biggest disappointment of all time for many reasons. I wish the article went into more detail than just "It took 10 years". Yes, that's ONE of the reasons but it's certainly not the only one. It just seems lazy to me to leave the whole saga to just that sentence.

I agree with the fact that resuming the journey to one simple sentence about the time it took is beyond ridiculous.

The problem with this kind of things is it will further fuel the haters.

I for one don't think the album is a disappointment. It's the GNR record that I prefer AND it's one of my favorite record.

It is an album that I thought was brilliant. It has it's up and downs. But it's an Axl album and gnr album. Its new and fresh and both old and classic.

It has it's flaws. Scraped, I do like the ending guitarriff. That just rocks. And shackler's live is a beast of a song!

Catcher has too many layers just break it down and it's a solid track.

I.r.s doesn't do it for me. Though the live version totaly kicks balls!

And im a fan of chidem and Better just good ol rock songs

I love Chinese democracy. I even bought 30 copies of the CD at Best Buy to give as gifts to friiendsand coworkers. They all liked it. and they were not diehard GNR fans by any means. I like every song. Madgascar, Better and This I love and There was a time, Sorry, chinese Democracy, CITR are my favs

I hate Chinese Democracy. I haven't even bought a copy of it but got one from a friend. All my friends dislike it, and they are diehard GNR fans. I dislike almost every song. Shaklers, If the World, Scrapd, This I love and IRS are the most pathetic.

In all of the write-ups I've seen they rarely mention anything besides the length of time it took (which is a drag, because it has a really rich and interesting back story).

It's also just cool to bash CD and New Guns, so unfortunately most music blogs and articles will do that to seem hip.

One of the most honest articles I saw on it was actually by Chuck klosterman who ended by saying: "Axl Rose put so much time and effort into proving that he was super-talented that the rest of humanity forgot he always had been. And that will hurt him. This record may tank commercially. Some people will slaughter Chinese Democracy, and for all the reasons you expect. But he did a good thing here."

I liked it

What more could people expect from Guns post-Illusions? The sound of ChiDem was clearly where the band was progressing anyway, Slash himself said the album sounded exactly like he expected with Axl's songwriting

I love Chinese democracy. I even bought 30 copies of the CD at Best Buy to give as gifts to friiendsand coworkers. They all liked it. and they were not diehard GNR fans by any means. I like every song. Madgascar, Better and This I love and There was a time, Sorry, chinese Democracy, CITR are my favs

You're an one of them, are you? I made a post awhile back describing what I perceive to be a trait among Axl die hards which entails, buying up multiple copies of Chinese Democracy and handing them out to various people. I find it strange behaviour.

Edited by DieselDaisy

You're an one of them, are you? I made a post awhile back describing what I perceive to be a trait among Axl die hards which entails, buying up multiple copies of Chinese Democracy and handing them out to various people. I find it strange behaviour.

Why? I called it Christmas shopping?

Edited by Little EMO Annie

Well deserved too.

I think Slash said in an interview before the album came out something like he wanted to hear CD to understand what was so important to Axl, that he felt was wroth breaking up the original band.

I think everyone that's heard it can categorically say that no, it wasn't worth it.

Edited by moreblack

Well deserved too.

I think Slash said in an interview before the album came out something like he wanted to hear CD to understand what was so important to Axl, that he felt was wroth breaking up the original band.

I think everyone that's heard it can categorically say that no, it wasn't worth it.

I don't think so. That is a very simplistic statement. and not true.

I do this too. I'm thinking of buying a case and sending them to random people for the holidays. You want one?

Everyone I know liked it once they got past their conditioned resistance to it. Once you get past the anti-Axl propaganda its a true blue, undeniably full-blown masterpiece.

Everyone I know liked it once they got past their conditioned resistance to it. Once you get past the anti-Axl propaganda its a true blue, undeniably full-blown masterpiece.

My sentiments exactly..

I do this too. I'm thinking of buying a case and sending them to random people for the holidays. You want one?

that is very kind but most of my music is on my iphone these days.

Edited by Little EMO Annie