Top 20 Hyped Albums That Utterly Disappointed

I have listened to leaks, live versions and the full album multiple times. I am a big fan of Robin and Buckethead so having no Slash on the record meant nothing to me, I'm a bigger fan of them than Slash himself. Nobody in the world gave it more chances than me. Axl and the NIN guitarist? Holy fuck, I was supposed to fall in love with it for ever and ever.

But Axl did it, he managed to ruin a good idea with his awful voice, lyrics and production. Millions of dollars, decades of work, a stellar team of musicians resulted in a boring, overproduced, soulless, dated and hilariously bad record. I think that can be even considered an accomplishment.

I'm pretty sure that if I had all the assets Axl had, I'd come up with a better record. It would be similar in style, I love electronic music and mixing it with rock elements, I'm not much of a singer but with that budget I could hire anyone in the world to sing for me. My lyrics would be better too, more mature and less obvious, even though English is not my first language. I'm pretty sure I'd deliver it in half the time or even less.

• Like 1

My lyrics would be better too, more mature and less obvious, even though English is not my first language. I'm pretty sure I'd deliver it in half the time or even less.

If you want unobvious lyrics, there's always Catcher In The Rye and Chinese Democracy. Both can be interpreted in many ways. Guns N' Roses has never been known for mature and unobvious lyrics though. Nothing about AFD is mature. And the lyrics are mostly as obvious as can be. There's nothing wrong with obvious lyrics though. Many people relate much better to straight and obvious lyrics compared to some symbolistic shit. Personally I like both kinds of lyrics, if done well.

You've listened to it once? If I used that same system I would miss out on a lot of good/great music.

Yeah, in full. Then I have listened to some of the tracks separately. Still, one of the worst albums I have ever listened to. Complete and absolute unbearable garbage, but I respect your opinion. Cool that you like it.

That's fair enough. I thought it was a one and done scenario, which was not the case. It's not your cup of tea (an opinion shared by many).

When I compare CD to UYI II I feel like it's a tie.

Civil War - Madagascar

14 Years - Better

Yesterdays - Street of Dreams

Heaven's Door - If the World

Get in the Ring - Riad n the Bedouins

Shotgun Blues - Scraped

Breakdown - Catcher in the Rye

Pretty Tied Up - IRS

Locomotive - Shackler's Revenge

So Fine - Sorry

Estranged - There was a Time

You Could Be Mine - Chinese Democracy

Don't Cry - This I Love

My World - Prostitute

Please don't do this ever again! Just don't do this.
I feel like I will. I do this. I will try not to though. No more lists! I already feel like doing another. Vertical text is so addictive.

I like lists. Its a 90's thing, like mix-tapes.

• Like 1

I love Chinese democracy. I even bought 30 copies of the CD at Best Buy to give as gifts to friiendsand coworkers. They all liked it. and they were not diehard GNR fans by any means. I like every song. Madgascar, Better and This I love and There was a time, Sorry, chinese Democracy, CITR are my favs

Sorry but you're a lier. I mean honestly it's far fetched enough to think someone is so insane to buy 30 copies and then to claim that all 30 of the people you gave the album to liked it is just complete and utter fanboy zealot bullshit.
They all said it was good. Was it their absolute fav of all time. Probably not. A few of my friends adored THIS I LOVE and we all thought it would have been great in a TWILIGHT movie What can I say. I have great taste in friends

You are full of shit, sorry but it's true. You'd be lucky to even get a 60% approval rating on a Guns N Roses fan site yet all your cowokers and friends who are not GnR fans, all 30 of them to a man liked it. GTFO.

:facepalm:

To be fair, it's probably harder to find people who like CD on a GNR fan site, than it is to find young random rock music fans who enjoy it. GNR fans all have expectations of what a GNR album should sound like. Little Emo Annies friends probably had no expectations at all. Maybe she's exaggerating a bit, but honestly it's not that hard to believe that people enjoy the music that their friends recommend them. This I Love especially is the kind of music that emo girls tend to like.

The thought of a GNR song in a Twilight movie makes me throw up a little though. :tongue2:

Actually it's not that far fetched. They used PATIENCE in that teen Romeo and Juliet themed zombie movie WARM BODIES. The same people who chose the music for the TWILIGHT movies chose the music for that movie.

:lol: They chose an all time classic GnR song, not some horribly shitty whine fest off CD.

It was actually a pivotal point in the Warm Bodies story. This I Love is a great romantic ballad that could have had huge mainstream success with proper promotion. I don't know what it was about TWILIGHT that had millions of women from 15 to 50 fall in love with a sparkly vampire, but my friends and I all thought TIL tapped into that feeling. Just my .02

Besides the fact somebody did a music video featuring bits of the movie Twilight on YouTube, how in the world so you attach TIL to that movie?

The target market for Twilight is 13-year old girls. That's clearly not the group that Axl is going for on This I Love.

I like the song. Just don't see it being loved by tween girls.

The TWILIGHT fan base went well beyond 13 year old girls. That's why we ended up with that vile piece of crap 50 Shades of Grey that started off as TWILIGHT fan fiction. Neutron Star Collision was a great song. There were a couple songs from the last movie that were constantly played on the radio for 6 months. One was by Bruno Mars. Warm Bodies was aimed at the TWILiGHT crowd. But my friends who knew nothing about GNR loved TIL and at the time we were all obsessed with TWILIGHt.

You'll find chinese democracy on the under-rated albums of all time list in many instances too, I give the record a 8.5/10, it has moments of pure demented genius, even the weaknesses do not detract terribly from the package for me, it's obviously an axl rose interpretation of how he believes GNR ought to sound but it's a compelling experience with that in mind, it's an Axl Rose record in the spirit of GNR and that's fine with me, I get how Axl perceives things.

• Like 1

When I compare CD to UYI II I feel like it's a tie.

Civil War - Madagascar

14 Years - Better

Yesterdays - Street of Dreams

Heaven's Door - If the World

Get in the Ring - Riad n the Bedouins

Shotgun Blues - Scraped

Breakdown - Catcher in the Rye

Pretty Tied Up - IRS

Locomotive - Shackler's Revenge

So Fine - Sorry

Estranged - There was a Time

You Could Be Mine - Chinese Democracy

Don't Cry - This I Love

My World - Prostitute

Please don't do this ever again! Just don't do this.
I feel like I will. I do this. I will try not to though. No more lists! I already feel like doing another. Vertical text is so addictive.

I like lists. Its a 90's thing, like mix-tapes.
Mixtapes N Pagers

It had to be a masterpiece because of the hype, gestation period and money invested, didn't it? It was a shock to the system to discover disposable numetal fodder like Scraped and Shackler's Revenge on there. ''This, was what Axl was working on, all this time?'' Total disbelief from yours truly!

even axl doesn't sound great on cd, his voice is fucked up on most of the songs.

This I Love does have a vampire type vibe to it

every time i hear it i image Dracula in his castle signing it lol

That is really cool. I also loved the GNR cover of Sympathy for the Devil in Interviee with A Vampire. Love me some Lestat.

its actually makes me laugh and not take the song serious

but i do see where your coming from...it would fit in that movie

Fair enough. My point was just that I think that with proper promotion that This I Love could have been a huge mainstream hit. People didn't believe that my friends liked CD and I just wanted to say that my TWIHARD friends all loved TIL.

Who do you blame for the band missing that golden opportunity?

A huge mainstream hit would have moved another million albums. So burying a huge hit is a pretty big fail from the band.

Who should take the blame for that?

Do people really think TIL could've been a huge hit? Have you seen what's in the charts these days? It ain't 1991 anymore.

Actually I heard the Bruno Mars song, IF IT RAINS played on the radio for almost 6 months straight.

Fair enough. My point was just that I think that with proper promotion that This I Love could have been a huge mainstream hit. People didn't believe that my friends liked CD and I just wanted to say that my TWIHARD friends all loved TIL.

Who do you blame for the band missing that golden opportunity?

A huge mainstream hit would have moved another million albums. So burying a huge hit is a pretty big fail from the band.

Who should take the blame for that?

Azoff.