Rowan Atkinson divorced on grounds of his 'unreasonable behaviour'

Słash

So why does anyone seeking a divorce have to give a specific reason why? Surely it's pretty self explanatory that you no longer want to be married. Is it possible to be denied a divorce?

Because if you grounds are decent is has a bearing on how the settlement is reached etc. If you knife your mother in law for example there'll probably less of a chance you'll get your 50%...thats not including the 25 year prison sentence.

Edited by Len B'stard

So why does anyone seeking a divorce have to give a specific reason why? Surely it's pretty self explanatory that you no longer want to be married. Is it possible to be denied a divorce?

Because if you grounds are decent is has a bearing on how the settlement is reached etc. If you knife your mother in law for example there'll probably less of a chance you'll get your 50%...thats not including the 25 year prison sentence.

Can I knife my mother in law on grounds of her unreasonable behaviour?

At least prison will look after me once the husband's gone.

Can I knife my mother in law on grounds of her unreasonable behaviour?

Well you can and then present your position to her majestys courts but I've grown rather used to your presence around here and would prefer if you didn't.

At least prison will look after me once the husband's gone.

Yes, Big Bertha will look to be your special friend. Tip, don't do them a favour, they read things into it that perhaps are not in line with your intentions towards them.

Edited by Len B'stard

Divorce (and marriage) among the ancient Romans was much simpler, a private affair not involving state or church; no public records were involved.

How did it...function then? What you just got married in private, no documents or anything and if you got sick of her you just give her the elbow? Thats just like dating then isn't it?

Prenuptials... That's all I'm saying.

You romantic you :lol:

Divorce (and marriage) among the ancient Romans was much simpler, a private affair not involving state or church; no public records were involved.

How did it...function then? What you just got married in private, no documents or anything and if you got sick of her you just give her the elbow? Thats just like dating then isn't it?

You romantic you :lol:

Yes. There was a very simple ritual and that was that. It led to one of the 'perceived' vices of the late-Republic, marriage being utilised as a political and financial weapon. The best known example of this is the First Triumvirate, Caesar marrying Pomepey's daughter to formalise the pact. Augustus tightened up marriage laws by imposing sumptuary legislation.

Is there any real cockneys left?

Me you asshole -- which makes my dick one of the more sought after dicks in the 'hood...

Life is great!

:)

Also, Thornton Heath, Croydon NEVER chimed to the sound of bow bells. - My own father though, was.

So ow's your belly full of spots then?

You ain't a fuckin' cockney, you're South London, you're supposed to dislike cockneys, cockneys are your derby day competition, cockneys are 'them over there' to South Londoners.

If you asked anyone who was not a cockney they would describe you all as cockney. South London? what does this cack all mean to a northerner. You are all the same.

The church of st mary le bow has bells referred to as bow bells, the distance upon which they can be heard is considered the core of East London, hence cockneys are described as those born and bred within the sound of bow bells.

Yes I know that. But people who are not cockney do not give a toss about that minutiae.

It winds me up when I hear "The" Old Kent Road. Why not just.. Kent Road? It's not older or any more grand cos it's in London.

Is there any real cockneys left?

Me you asshole -- which makes my dick one of the more sought after dicks in the 'hood...

Life is great!

:)

Also, Thornton Heath, Croydon NEVER chimed to the sound of bow bells. - My own father though, was.

So ow's your belly full of spots then?

You ain't a fuckin' cockney, you're South London, you're supposed to dislike cockneys, cockneys are your derby day competition, cockneys are 'them over there' to South Londoners.

If you asked anyone who was not a cockney they would describe you all as cockney. South London? what does this cack all mean to a northerner. You are all the same.

The church of st mary le bow has bells referred to as bow bells, the distance upon which they can be heard is considered the core of East London, hence cockneys are described as those born and bred within the sound of bow bells.

Yes I know that. But people who are not cockney do not give a toss about that minutiae.

It winds me up when I hear "The" Old Kent Road. Why not just.. Kent Road? It's not older or any more grand cos it's in London.

Old Kent Road's a road, called Old Kent Road, it's Peckham.

Also, according to Wikipedia just now, it's one of the oldest roads in the country.

I wonder about Old Compton Street now.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Oh Mr. Bean how could you?

Probably having a mid life crisis. Getting older and wants a younger babe.

Besides what has he done lately? I loved the Mr. Bean show, but not too crazy about the movies.

He was in Blackadder. As far as I'm concerned that gets him a free pass. Blackadder Goes Forth is the best bit of comedy I've seen, everything about it is quality. The cast is impeccable. I must have watched the episode with Rik Mayall as Flashheart 50 times in summer holidays 1995 with my mate fat Anthony. (Why ARE all Anthonys fat :lol:) Edited by spunko12345

Oh Mr. Bean how could you?

Probably having a mid life crisis. Getting older and wants a younger babe.

Besides what has he done lately? I loved the Mr. Bean show, but not too crazy about the movies.

He was in Blackadder. As far as I'm concerned that gets him a free pass. Blackadder Goes Forth is the best bit of comedy I've seen, everything about it is quality. The cast is impeccable. I must have watched the episode with Rik Mayall as Flashheart 50 times in summer holidays 1995 with my mate fat Anthony. (Why ARE all Anthonys fat :lol:)

Blackadder, The Thin Blue Line, Not the Nine O Clock News, all sterling work.

I think I read somewhere that in the U.S. early 20th Century, you didn't need a ceremony to be married. If a couple told people they were married, then it was accepted on face value. (Let's assume the couple had spent a night together, which qualified them as married). This is all learned from Dolly Parton's autobiography, so it must be accurate.

There's little point getting a prenup if you've got nothing to lose.

• Like 1