12 Nastiest Things Former GN'R Bandmates Have Said About Each Other

Remember that asshole guy Slash that half of this board hates? I don't see one quote from him up there. Meanwhile half of them are from (cough, butthurt, cough) Axl. Sorry but its just true. Slash, in the broadest sense, has been a complete gentlemen all through this 20 year feud.

Yep, I think all the ex members have been pretty gentlemanly about it really.

Remember that asshole guy Slash that half of this board hates? I don't see one quote from him up there. Meanwhile half of them are from (cough, butthurt, cough) Axl. Sorry but its just true. Slash, in the broadest sense, has been a complete gentlemen all through this 20 year feud.

True. For someone so massively important to the breakup, I think Slash particularly has handled it well. But Duff has also always been adult about it, and his quote included shows that cause there's nothing malicious there and that was 10 years ago. Sorum too has always had nothing bad to say, but really why would he. Izzy as always has kept pretty quiet. The only two that kind of fly off the handle have been Axl and Steven, but then again that was always true of them. The only two that never really grew up.

True. For someone so massively important to the breakup, I think Slash particularly has handled it well. But Duff has also always been adult about it, and his quote included shows that cause there's nothing malicious there and that was 10 years ago. Sorum too has always had nothing bad to say, but really why would he. Izzy as always has kept pretty quiet. The only two that kind of fly off the handle have been Axl and Steven, but then again that was always true of them. The only two that never really grew up.

True true.

We all know how the pro Axl forum nutters have demonised Slash or whoever over the years but if he wanted to the guy could do a weekly podcast on the ridiculous shit he witnessed Axl pull and not run out of material.

• Like 1

The idea that Slash badmouthed Axl after the break-up is a complete fabrication. It is something dreamed up in Rose's pea brain. We now have access to the internet and virtually every interview recorded with Slash, televised or printed, yet, nobody - not even his hardcore supporters - has turned up that 'smoking gun', have they? It is bollocks. Axl should apologise to Slash publicly.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

12. "He's insane — that's it. The bottom line — the fucker's insane. I said it. OK, fine, fuck me. I said it — he's insane. I try and try to be fucking so cool about him ... I swear to God, he's a nutball." —Adler, when asked about Rose's current GN'R lineup in 2010.

If nothing else, Axl is very consistent. Adler has gone through a cycle for the past 15 years where he assassinates Axl's character then 3 months later says he wants a reunion then 3 months later says he loves Axl like a brother then 3 months later says he's never speaking to or about him again then 3 months later it's back to slagging him off.

I couldn't give a fuck about what the guy who drummed on a record 30 years ago has to say. I'm with the organ grinder, not the monkey.

The idea that Slash badmouthed Axl after the break-up is a complete fabrication. It is something dreamed up in Rose's pea brain. We now have access to the internet and virtually every interview recorded with Slash, televised or printed, yet, nobody - not even his hardcore supporters - has turned up that 'smoking gun', have they? It is bollocks. Axl should apologise to Slash publicly.

Somebody even made a topic for the Slash haters to post all the mean quotes from Slash over the last 25 years. Iirc only like two quotes were posted.

• Like 1

Somebody even made a topic for the Slash haters to post all the mean quotes from Slash over the last 25 years. Iirc only like two quotes were posted.

Nothing was found, actually. It was that portuguese poster who claimed Slash "bashed" Axl for years. When asked for proof, he replied something like "I don't need to post proof", he ended up leaving the forum :lol:

• Like 1

Aside from a few understandable press outbursts here and there, Slash and Duff handled the 20-year feud with a significantly great degree of maturity. Kudos to them.

Izzy never speaks so hard to say. Those "he never got pussy" and "he was a fuckin monster" comments are pretty fishy tho.

And then there's Steven and Axl. And that's a whole other story in and of itself

The idea that Slash badmouthed Axl after the break-up is a complete fabrication.

Now you're exaggerating a bit. Sure, Slash never said anything as nasty as Axl's cancer comment. But he did make all kinds of negative comments like calling Axl his nemesis etc... And he did make it look like Axl's the sole reason for the breakup of the band.

Dunno how much the media used to twist Slash's words, but at one point it really felt like Slash was talking crap about Axl a lot. Here's a couple of quotes:

I quit because this guy's a power-crazed asshole!

Guns N' Roses had become a dictatorship. [...]The whole process was dictated by Axl, and although I know he wanted input from me, I was suffocated by the tension and I couldn't think straight

I wrote a whole fucking album about Axl Rose, and he never even knew it.[...] fuck that cocksucker...[...] he's a fucking asshole

It was almost amazing to me that this band had taken such a turn; we, the band, had allowed Axl the freedom, over all those years, to transform what we had into some morbid reality that existed only in his head

I just wish the fucker would get the fuckin’ record out so I could see why he took something so cool and systematically, destroyed it.

Slash is definitely no angel either. But it's great if they've finally managed to bury the hatchet.

It's funny to see the tide change around these forums over the last few days.

Slash went from being the devil and overrated to being an all-around great guy and guitar player again.

A week ago it was f*ck that guy, now it's going to be epic and the highest grossing tour of all time if Slash will only come back.

Slash went from being the devil and overrated to being an all-around great guy and guitar player again.

A week ago it was f*ck that guy, now it's going to be epic and the highest grossing tour of all time if Slash will only come back.

I find it strange how you talk about the forum like there's some kind of a common mood or opinion going on around here. All I've ever seen is different people with totally different opinions. Individual people. Honestly I don't even remember seeing more than maybe a a couple of users here who've ever been negative when it comes to Slash and those people still seem disappointed if a reunion happens.

Welcome. You must be new to the forum.

Hope u like it here.

The idea that Slash badmouthed Axl after the break-up is a complete fabrication.

Now you're exaggerating a bit. Sure, Slash never said anything as nasty as Axl's cancer comment. But he did make all kinds of negative comments like calling Axl his nemesis etc... And he did make it look like Axl's the sole reason for the breakup of the band.

Dunno how much the media used to twist Slash's words, but at one point it really felt like Slash was talking crap about Axl a lot. Here's a couple of quotes:

Guns N' Roses had become a dictatorship. [...]The whole process was dictated by Axl, and although I know he wanted input from me, I was suffocated by the tension and I couldn't think straight

I wrote a whole fucking album about Axl Rose, and he never even knew it.[...] fuck that cocksucker...[...] he's a fucking asshole

It was almost amazing to me that this band had taken such a turn; we, the band, had allowed Axl the freedom, over all those years, to transform what we had into some morbid reality that existed only in his head

I just wish the fucker would get the fuckin’ record out so I could see why he took something so cool and systematically, destroyed it.

Slash is definitely no angel either. But it's great if they've finally managed to bury the hatchet.

Slash also admitted badmouthing Axl at press conferences when VR started up. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has transcripts of these conferences so none of us knows what he actually said. We will just have to take Slash on his word when he admits to say bad things about Axl...or maybe he is just lying, again? ;)

I find it strange how you talk about the forum like there's some kind of a common mood or opinion going on around here. All I've ever seen is different people with totally different opinions. Individual people. Honestly I don't even remember seeing more than maybe a a couple of users here who've ever been negative when it comes to Slash and those people still seem disappointed if a reunion happens.

For many people it is easier to handle things when you remove some layers of complexity.

Slash also admitted badmouthing Axl at press conferences when VR started up. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone has transcripts of these conferences so none of us knows what he actually said. We will just have to take Slash on his word when he admits to say bad things about Axl...or maybe he is just lying, again? ;)

For many people it is easier to handle things when you remove some layers of complexity.

For one person it is easier to handle things when they add multiple layers of complexity in an attempt to educate others. In every single topic. With layers and layers of extrapolation.

half this board hates Slash? i always thought this site was a bit more pro-Slash/Anti-Axl

On the off chance that any of those guys read Rolling Stone, this has got to be the WORST possible time to bring all that up,

Fuck it hahaha. I was just talking to someone today about how cool it would be for the intro video for concerts show them all talking shit about each other over the years.. Maybe a minute or two on how they ruled the world then a minute of them trashing each other.. Then lights out.. YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Now THAT would actually be hilarious.

Here is the winner,

The key to Axls personality, reckons Izzy, still lies back in Lafayette. In high school, you know, Axl, he had long, red hair, he was a little guy and he got a lot of shit [because of it]. I think he never got laid, too, in school. I hate to bring this up cos this is getting nasty, he laughs. But he never got no pussy at school, Axl. So now the guys a big fucking rock star, hes got the chicks lined up, hes got money and hes got people and the power went to this guys head. I mean, he was a fucking monster! Nuts! Crazy!

Izzy

Didnt Izzy call him a wanker at one point too?

Nothing was found, actually. It was that portuguese poster who claimed Slash "bashed" Axl for years. When asked for proof, he replied something like "I don't need to post proof", he ended up leaving the forum :lol:

:rofl-lol:

He didn't leave, though. He was banned.

And zero quotes were posted.

Yeah, things have changed drastically over the years, that I can fully agree with. This forum is not what it used to be. When I first joined, it was a nightmare, people really hated Slash.

With that being said, Apollo said "forums," so I guess it was a general remark, it seems to me that he wasn't addressing MYGNR only. And trust Apollo when he says that this forum had some crazy and paranoid Slash 'haters' who, of course, have already been banned. These individuals pollute other Gn'R forums, though, and they have - magically - changed their tune. We can't deny that that behavior is strange.

• Like 1

Apollo said "forums," so I guess it was a general remark, it seems to me that he wasn't addressing MYGNR only. And trust Apollo when he says that this forum had some crazy and paranoid Slash 'haters' who, of course, have already been banned. These individuals pollute other Gn'R forums, though, and they have - magically - changed their tune. We can't deny that that behavior is strange.

I don't know man. Unless you actually point out some specific individuals who have magically changed their minds, all that shit sounds like crazy talk to me.

Apollo said "forums," so I guess it was a general remark, it seems to me that he wasn't addressing MYGNR only. And trust Apollo when he says that this forum had some crazy and paranoid Slash 'haters' who, of course, have already been banned. These individuals pollute other Gn'R forums, though, and they have - magically - changed their tune. We can't deny that that behavior is strange.

I don't know man. Unless you actually point out some specific individuals who have magically changed their minds, all that shit sounds like crazy talk to me.

It's just a perception issue is all. Apollo's perception is that many people have flip flopped their position on Slash in the time since the reunion rumors started.

I personally don't see it at all, nor do I agree with making a sweeping statement saying that "the forums", "everyone" or hell even "a bunch" of people have changed their opinion but it must be how Apollo sees it.

LOL.

I've been a member of this forum for over 15 years. I know, sad.

But if you people haven't seen a difference in the main GnR forums over the past few months since this reunion stuff started popping up, then you really aren't paying attention.

Six months ago many portrayed Slash as a media whore, only in it for the cash, he'd lost his creative ability and now just put out mediocre albums, his career was built on Axl's voice/talent, he has shit-talked Axl for 20 years, he has no spine and walked away from the greatest band in the world, Rib-Fest for f*ck's sakes. Now everybody is acting like him sharing a stage with Axl is the greatest rock moment of our lives. Some guy even predicted it would break 750 million dollars and be the greatest selling tour of all time.

So yes. Fifteen years of seeing people post about how Slash sucks and then now it's all "I can't wait to see them together again" is definitely a shift of an attitude from certain vocal forum members. How many times have people posted on here that they just want to see Slash and Axl share a stage one time.

OR maybe I'm delusional and crazy. Maybe for the past 15 years Slash has been adored and fawned over by all the GnR forums.

LOL.

I've been a member of this forum for over 15 years. I know, sad.

But if you people haven't seen a difference in the main GnR forums over the past few months since this reunion stuff started popping up, then you really aren't paying attention.

Six months ago many portrayed Slash as a media whore, only in it for the cash, he'd lost his creative ability and now just put out mediocre albums, his career was built on Axl's voice/talent, he has shit-talked Axl for 20 years, he has no spine and walked away from the greatest band in the world, Rib-Fest for f*ck's sakes. Now everybody is acting like him sharing a stage with Axl is the greatest rock moment of our lives. Some guy even predicted it would break 750 million dollars and be the greatest selling tour of all time.

So yes. Fifteen years of seeing people post about how Slash sucks and then now it's all "I can't wait to see them together again" is definitely a shift of an attitude from certain vocal forum members. How many times have people posted on here that they just want to see Slash and Axl share a stage one time.

OR maybe I'm delusional and crazy. Maybe for the past 15 years Slash has been adored and fawned over by all the GnR forums.

Of course you're not delusional. This is what this forum does. More specifically this is what Axl fans do. They get on board with absolutely everything they hear Axl is doing and completely change their tune. People hated Slash, you're not wrong. The tides are turning because people are just very fickle.

• Like 1