Hindsight is 20/20

WAR41

Marc, if you had a way of knowing how things would turn out between you and Axl upon the release of Reckless Road, would you still have gone through with it? On the flip side you have shared something that 99.9% of GNR fans appreciate (you know who that 0.1% is) and documented the making of arguably the greatest rock record of all time in a way that critics agree is unprecedented. It seems like this book was a win-lose for you no matter what you decided to do.

I know this isn't an easy question to answer, just curious to hear you respond to it.

what i don't get is why Axl was so against it

i mean yeah it had to do with members of the the old band which of whom he wasn't very fond of at the time but no need to erase history...plus its a really cool book

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

I guess Marc and Axl had the talk before Marc released the book. Axl was not in favor of it as Marc has explained it many times.

Yep I understand. But I don't think Marc expected Axl to not talk to him for 6 years after the fact.

I would have talked to Axl in person about what was going on with my book. I think things would have worked out differently between us but I now see that he still wouldn't have wanted me to put it out but I think I would have still had to put it out and if he would have worked with us, I think we could have been able to stall it for 6 more months which still would not have been what he wanted but I think we would have been able to still be close. I know we would have disagreed on some points buit I think I could have explained the importantse of the history of the band and the fact that I put so much work into douctumenting it and putting it together and what it meant to me getting it out to the people. I think he would have understood where I was coming from.