Anyone considered the possibility of Axl releasing CD2 with Slash on board?

Yeah, it could be similar to how Ron & Tommy had their solo thing going more or less at the same time Guns was "active". If GNR isn't touring until summer or late 2016, why not record another solo album this spring? Who knows?

The thing is that wouldn't be possible. Or I mean, it is, but its highly unlikely. A new record this spring BEFORE a GNR tour would mean they are substantially into the process of making a record, which there's no evidence they are. There are PLANS to make a record, but they'd need more than plans to have one out for before the spring. What appears to be the gist is LATE 2016 is when a new Slash record MIGHT come, if all things go according to plan and Myles gets his lyrics finished and recorded by then, all while working with Alter Bridge. So thats a tall order in itself.

The hole you are mentioning with Slash's plans would be if he's committed to a new record, he wouldn't have time for GNR at all next year cause he'd already be doing something else. I think the reason I don't consider that a hinderance YET is because nothing is actually in motioning. If he were already in the process of making a new record, I'd say his participation in GNR seems unlikely. But because he's not, I see stuff like "why no Sorum?" as more fishy than "Slash says he's busy".

See what I mean?

• Like 1

So...Is Slash lying when he says 2016 if for his next solo record? One of my biggest hangups about this hole thing are his comments regarding this. Thoughts?

I do think it's possible it may not be realistic. Myles Kennedy is apparently returning to alter bridge for next year so I actually think that could open things up.

Yeah, it could be similar to how Ron & Tommy had their solo thing going more or less at the same time Guns was "active". If GNR isn't touring until summer or late 2016, why not record another solo album this spring? Who knows?

The thing is that wouldn't be possible. Or I mean, it is, but its highly unlikely. A new record this spring BEFORE a GNR tour would mean they are substantially into the process of making a record, which there's no evidence they are. There are PLANS to make a record, but they'd need more than plans to have one out for before the spring. What appears to be the gist is LATE 2016 is when a new Slash record MIGHT come, if all things go according to plan and Myles gets his lyrics finished and recorded by then, all while working with Alter Bridge. So thats a tall order in itself.

The hole you are mentioning with Slash's plans would be if he's committed to a new record, he wouldn't have time for GNR at all next year cause he'd already be doing something else. I think the reason I don't consider that a hinderance YET is because nothing is actually in motioning. If he were already in the process of making a new record, I'd say his participation in GNR seems unlikely. But because he's not, I see stuff like "why no Sorum?" as more fishy than "Slash says he's busy".

See what I mean?

I think I see what you mean. So, if Slash goes ahead and starts recording an album this spring and we still haven't heard anything on the reunion front, I think it would be safe to say that it's not happening, at least until sometime in 2017. I can't see Slash simply releasing an album an artistic outlet and not touring the hell out of it like he did for the last 3.

I think I see what you mean. So, if Slash goes ahead and starts recording an album this spring and we still haven't heard anything on the reunion front, I think it would be safe to say that it's not happening, at least until sometime in 2017. I can't see Slash simply releasing an album an artistic outlet and not touring the hell out of it like he did for the last 3.

Exactly, although if we don't hear anything by Spring I think we may kill ourselves LOL. But yeah, essentially what I'm saying is if Slash has nothing recorded (which he's been on tour so obviously he has ideas but nothing started on a record), I don't count him as a roadblock. A solo album could always be put on the back burner, especially since he hasn't even started it yet. When he gets in the process of that, then yes, I think as you say his availability is out for the year due to recording and touring. But he is free now for what its worth, so I don't think what he's saying is a lie, but just more what he'll do were a reunion not to happen.

So...Is Slash lying when he says 2016 if for his next solo record? One of my biggest hangups about this hole thing are his comments regarding this. Thoughts?

I think that Slash knows the odds of all the stars lining up and lawyers hammering things out and him joining GnR are not 100%

So he is keeping his current schedule in place until the GnR thing either pans out or burns out.

Kind of like how people don't quit their job the day the apply for a new job. They keep their current job until they find out if they get offered the new position.

If the GnR things falls through, he can easily just continue his solo career mode without missing a beat.

Dizzy has announced Hookers and Blow dates right through next year, how likely is it he would be dropped from a potential reunion given that he is the one other person besides Axl that connects the old and new? I guess he could potentially do more than one thing but it seems unlikely, although should he be summoned to a multi million dollar reunion I guess cancelling wouldn't be a massive hardship.

Dizzy has announced Hookers and Blow dates right through next year, how likely is it he would be dropped from a potential reunion given that he is the one other person besides Axl that connects the old and new? I guess he could potentially do more than one thing but it seems unlikely, although should he be summoned to a multi million dollar reunion I guess cancelling wouldn't be a massive hardship.

Lol are you talking about like the 20 dates he's playing in the first 3 months of the new year? Seems unlikely he'd have to cancel those as a GNR tour doesn't start tomorrow.

Lol are you talking about like the 20 dates he's playing in the first 3 months of the new year? Seems unlikely he'd have to cancel those as a GNR tour doesn't start tomorrow.

Ah my bad - I read the dates wrong, was forgetting in the US dates are listed month first. To my UK eyes it looked as though they were throughout the year. :lol:

They still are in the partnership. Thats why anything to do with Guns' music needs to be signed off by Axl, Slash and Duff. Axl only owns the name.

i don't think they have any say on the new stuff

edit: i see this was already addressed

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

It might not be CD II? There were rumors of a self titled album. That could be some old AFD era/96 ressurected tracks mixed with CD era tracks with the band having members from each era.

I find it bizzare they can't see a reunion record is basically an Izzy solo album with everyone pitching in. Add maybe a Slash rocker and Axl epic and its a wrap.

So in the end they could leave CD behind and use that material mainly Axl's songs on a self titled with Izzy, Duff, Slash adding songs. But this is for a 2021 release before Rock in Rio.

Honestly, if I were Axl and I was considering a reunion, I'd hold fire on the album for the time being. The reunion itself is enough of a draw, they don't really need anything else to boost ticket sales. If rumours are to be believed, the band was prepping something for release in 2016, and was blindsided by DJ's departure; and if there's a semi-reunion being mooted, then touring an album with DJ, Bumble and Stinson on the record and Slash and Duff on the tour seems... well, insane.

So if they're doing an album, it'd make commercial sense to shelve CDII and start from scratch: pool the best of the CDII songs together with the VR stuff that never saw the light of day (the Corey Taylor sessions), have the band re-record parts where necessary and release it either in the 2016 holiday season or Summer 2017.

And yeah, call the album "Guns N' Roses". Doesn't really need any other title, does it?

Yes but what about this:

Midnight release on cassette and laserdisc at Tower Records and Sears

Side 1

Thyme (feat Slash updated talkbox)

The General (Alice Cooper on bass)

Chinese Democracy (Brain remix)

Side 2

Mama Kin (feat Jimmy Page on sub bass)

Chris Pittmans drum solo

Oklahoma

I mean, we can all agree that this is the absolute winner. We're talking Grammy-winning, always on mtv, world tour level.

All that's missing is the Nas collaboration

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-to-collaborate-with-nas/

"IF" there is a reunion CD2 will NEVER see the light of day or any other work during the CD sessions, It's is dead in the water which it may have already been before the reunion talk started. Axl and the label where not on the best of terms.

Another bigger "IF" the reunion lineup puts out a record there maybe a couple of songs from the CD sessions that may make it on the record but they will sound nothing like there current form, they will be stripped down to the sound of the reunion lineup. I could see them reworking a song Axl really likes as can see it being done for songs that Slash and Duff like.

For those that want CD2 in it's planned form from the CD sessions, if it really exists which I really don't think it does in anywhere close to finished material. it ain't going to happen. Sure if it does exists I would like to hear it but I doubt it exists.

How does everyone know Axl and the label

Werent on good terms? He probably refuses to turn anything in -

I think that if they are interested in making new music together and everything is fine between them, they're more than capable of making plenty of epic new songs in no time. No reason to heat up an old soup. Unless there are a few songs Axl likes a lot, then those might be used.

I'm sure that the lack of Slash was a major reason for Axl not releasing new music and for many different reasons. Just to name a couple - 1) Axl loved Slash's playing probably more crazily than anyone and believe he still does and misses it on the songs. 2) Axl is for some reason incapable of handling major record releases and promotions and all that shit alone, he needs a partner and a friend, someone he can trust and have enough faith in that he would let him handle all the important band shit and that someone additionally must have credibility and legitimization with the fans and the media. This person is Slash - it can't be Ashba and it can't be TB. Plus many more things, but I won't get into them now.

Anyway, Slash back in the band would be a great chance for new music in the long run, that is, assuming that Axl still wants to play that game at all.

I have always said I want to hear all of the CD era material and if we all never get to hear it it would be a shame. So if what it takes to release more of that material is Slash relaying some lead guitar tracks with his own "touch" then so be it. Being that is what Axl had the hired guns doing before anyway which I thought overall was kind of lame, being id rather hear the right player/music than just the newest hired gun at that position so to speak. aka like say Frank doing something Brain already did maybe better to start with. But as long as the new addition from said musician doesn't totally alter the song than I'm down, and besides Slash was the original lead guitarist anyway so to be a GNR fan you have to at least like Slash a tad haha. It's not like he is some no-name bum off the streets. I'm sure he could figure a way to add to songs in his own style and within his skillset

Edited by amacfantasy

I see two possible futures for GNR

more likely,

Nothing ever happens. There are no announcements or press releases, or new DJ Ashbas, or new albums. Some 3-6 years down the line, Axl casually mentions GNR in past tense during some obscure Super Bowl post game interview or whatever.

bit less likely,

Reunion with 3-4 original members, they play some 20-30 huge festivals around the world and then GNR gets, officially, retired. Goodbye tour is only scenario where I could see Axl wanting to do a reunion in the first place. It is a curtain call, not some get-together to write a CD 2 with Slash.

I don't recall ever seeing anything that'd make me believe we ever saw another album ever again. CD2? lol.

Edited by LTD