Gunmen Attack Hotel in Mali Capital of Bamako.

bran

Let em go when they recited the Qu'ran? Well thats me sorted then! Don't fancy your chances Bran :lol: Don't worry, just keep that dopey metaller look on your face and I'll tell em you've been freshly radicalised and still memorising your verses, stick with me son, i won't put you wrong :lol:

I'll save you all! I'll be Lenny Schindler!! See i knew i was a messiah of some kind, delivering the innocent from bondage and that! Cept McLeod, we'll stitch him up for a laugh :lol: 'Yeah, the fat ones a jew!' :lol:

Sorry!

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 2

at least 3 dead and 170 held hostage, some hostages were let go when they recited passages from the koran.

http://news.yahoo.com/gunmen-attack-luxury-hotel-mali-capital-hostages-084238110.html

In that situation I guess you got 2 choices make some shit up or stay and be killed ... might as well give it a go " And on the fist day Allah said let there be light and there was "

The terrorists are having a very good week. Unreal.

I don't care of much or how little security anyone has, there's always a way for crazies to sneak.

I believe these people have no souls because they kill without any regret or feeling at all. You have to be one son of a bitch to do all this horror.

I honestly don't know how the free world is going to fight this horror and try to end it.

when we get a real US president back in office, problem will be solved.

Not sure when that will be though, if Hillary gets in then we have another 8 years of patty cake.

Not sure we have that long with the way ISIS and terror in general is being almost encouraged.

So we wait

Unless Putin is serious, and he just may be. And certainly capable

• Like 1

Seems like I have to learn some Quran passages.

https://www.rt.com/news/190468-muslim-scholars-islamic-state/

Brilliant! Although I think I'll refrain from over-the-barrel theological discussions aimed at convincing them they are all wrong.

Let's not go overboard here. Just proving they are not true followers of Islam should be enough.

Seems like I have to learn some Quran passages.

https://www.rt.com/news/190468-muslim-scholars-islamic-state/

Brilliant! Although I think I'll refrain from over-the-barrel theological discussions aimed at convincing them they are all wrong.

Let's not go overboard here. Just proving they are not true followers of Islam should be enough.

Yeah, I guess brainwashed drugged up maniacs on a killing rampage will take the time to listen to theological arguments from an infidel :D Perhaps it will secure me a quicker death?

100 people died in a bomb attack in Ankarra last month, didnt notice much media hoopla and mygnr threads about that, just saying. I suppose Ankarra come under the sambo exclusion zone?

Is it strange that we bestow more attention on things that happen in regions that are culturally and geographically closer to us? Additonally, there is something novel about terrorist attacks in Paris, not so much about bombs in eastern parts of Turkey or Berut. Unfortunately.

100 people died in a bomb attack in Ankarra last month, didnt notice much media hoopla and mygnr threads about that, just saying. I suppose Ankarra come under the sambo exclusion zone?

Yeah, that was a weird one though. Most who died there were kurds or people who wanted peace with the kurds, they were the target. It seemed even Turkey (government) was less upset as they should be. Btw it was all over the news in my country. So there was a lot of attention for it, not as much as Paris, but still a lot.

But the constant comparing is a bit silly though.

I am more upset when my neighbour dies, then when a stranger a couple of blocks away dies. This is kind of the same thing. It's only natural we are more upset about Paris, since we have so much in common and share so much history. If it happens there, it can happen in my country and that thought is upsetting. Not that this was any worse, cause it's all horrible. We just feel it more. Eventhough I agree we should be more upset about the other ones as well.

This is why them lot were booing that silence thing at the game.

No idea what you are talking about.

Football game during the minute silence, Turkish fans started booing.

Yeah, that was a weird one though. Most who died there were kurds or people who wanted peace with the kurds, they were the target. It seemed even Turkey (government) was less upset as they should be. Btw it was all over the news in my country. So there was a lot of attention for it, not as much as Paris, but still a lot.

Nowhere near as much as Paris...certainly no silences at football matches :shrugs:

But the constant comparing is a bit silly though.

I am more upset when my neighbour dies, then when a stranger a couple of blocks away dies. This is kind of the same thing. It's only natural we are more upset about Paris, since we have so much in common and share so much history.

Is it really silly? The thing about taking a humanitarian position on issues is that the very notion dictates that it is an all encompassing thing, y'know, this idea that we're all equal and every human life is worth as much as another, what is a tragedy in Paris is also a tragedy in Ankarra. The idea that one of is greater import due to the fact that it is closer in proximity to you is contrary to the governing principles behind taking these sort of humanitarian stances.

If it happens there, it can happen in my country and that thought is upsetting.

I'm trying to word this in the way that makes it look the least like an attack on you because I've spoken to you a fair bit on here and think you're an alright person but...how can i put this? That comment there seems to suggest that personal fear and the fact that it might happen to you factors into the degree of compassion that you assign to each particular instance. Now stop and think for a moment about the people in the middle east that live in and around areas that are CONSTANTLY being bombed. Think about how they might look at that...I mean there's a serious dose of self interest in that compassion isn't there? Sort of like Val commenting on this thread, barely getting two lines about France out before she goes 'it's a matter of time before there is another attack on the US'...think about that for a moment, think about innocent civilians with innocent lives, just like the people that died in Paris, i know they might've looked a little different than you and had different things for dinner and talked a different language but there's still enough in common there for them to be considered in your compassions on an equal footing...but they get less attention because of proximity. Y'know what thats like? Thats like an old man tumbling down the stairs and dying as you walk behind him and your first response being 'Oh my God...that old mans died...thats terrible...that could've been me!'

And if we are to accept the idea that, really, all compassion comes from a degree of self involvement (i.e. we feel compassion for human death because we are human beings and as such it relates directly to us) then surely based on that there is enough reason to feel as bad about a dead Turk than there is about a dead Parisian.

Edited by Len B'stard