Songs from CD that the reunion lineup should play

I'd like to hear/see TIL. Definitely not Sorry :lol:

Sorry would be pretty awkward, unless they played Crucify the Dead after... That wouldn't be awkward.

TIL with the solo redone by Slash would be epic. I've always found the solo annoying.

I would like to hear Axl say "In my first memory, they shot Myles kennedy" during Civil War lol

• Like 2

I feel like if the rumors are true that Pitman is gone and theyre not replacing him, then it'd be kinda safe to say we won't ever hear any of the CD songs live ever again. Wasn't he a big part of the music for pretty much all of those?

I'm sure they could still play a few of the more generally recognized ones without pitman if they wanted to. Tho as someone here already kinda said they already have enough material between AFD, Lies, UYI, and potential new shit to fill a solid set with a decent amount of hits. Hell they don't even have to play LALD, KOHD, or any other cover if they don't want to

They could play - reworked lyrics - 'Welcome to the Jingle''!

In all honesty they should just go up there and cover the old Tamla classic 'Money', because, that is all this will be about. Axl, Slash and Duff want your money. Buy their online slot machines and jingle jumpers people and rawk out to their fat old hits.

What a fuckin swizz. What a sad way for this band to end upon. Bunch of fattys obsessed with cash.

I think Pitman was heavily involved with If the World, Madagascar, TWAT?

Chi dem does at least have some Slashesque guitar parts on it. Better has that SCOM guitar lick. SOD has like that one big guitar strum and solos. This I Love is just a solo really.

If Slash, Axl, Duff, and whoever else they round up actually pull off a reunion, they should absolutely play the last 3 songs of CD live. Madagascar , This I Love, and Prostitute were made to be plaid by the old lineup. They cover topics that are either from the time of the old lineup, and/or about the old lineup. I would love to see it. What do you guys think?

If the world lyrics to slither

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVcWolluUQE

Chi dem does at least have some Slashesque guitar parts on it. Better has that SCOM guitar lick. SOD has like that one big guitar strum and solos. This I Love is just a solo really.

Do you think that the members would thought instead of doing TWAT or Madagascar, you could do Coma or Breakdown.

If the next tour has new songs, then you only need two or three Chinese Dem songs on the set: CD and This I Love. Better, Catcher In The Rye and Street Of Dreams on the three hours set.

Do you think that the members would thought instead of doing TWAT or Madagascar, you could do Coma or Breakdown.

If the next tour has new songs, then you only need two or three Chinese Dem songs on the set: CD and This I Love. Better, Catcher In The Rye and Street Of Dreams on the three hours set.

Yes, but it's about them compromising. Izzy chooses something he wants to do, Slash and Duff the same. Then they might say we'll do x or y off CD.

Axl doesn't seem to force stuff but he might have a certain song. But on the last tours he wasn't forcing 14 Years or Think about you if Izzy wasnt there. Even Estranged and Civil War he had to be encouraged to do it. He didn't really force CD down peoples necks.

If its a full reunion i cant really see any. But for this thread TIL or Chi dem seem like ones they could get into.

For hybrid tour they might do those staple 4-5 CD songs. TIL is the one I see them doing it's like Beth by Kiss, let the singer sing one!

But i dont think if Izzy says i want to do Shuffle it all and Slash says Slither and Axl says TWAT and they say no Coma. Thats not going to work is it?

maybe I'm the only, but honestly think that 'Oh My God' deserved better performances/chances, (the excess of overlays is what messed a bit) but it's such a great song and it was forgotten by Axl, wish I could see Slash's guitar work on it.

(Also it's pretty more decent song to open a disc than Chinese Democracy IMO)

maybe I'm the only, but honestly think that 'Oh My God' deserved better performances/chances, (the excess of overlays is what messed a bit) but it's such a great song and it was forgotten by Axl, wish I could see Slash's guitar work on it.

(Also it's pretty more decent song to open a disc than Chinese Democracy IMO)

In your picture Axl Rose is doing a Kenneth Williams impression,

williams.jpg?w=640

• Like 1

Yes, but it's about them compromising. Izzy chooses something he wants to do, Slash and Duff the same. Then they might say we'll do x or y off CD.

Axl doesn't seem to force stuff but he might have a certain song. But on the last tours he wasn't forcing 14 Years or Think about you if Izzy wasnt there. Even Estranged and Civil War he had to be encouraged to do it. He didn't really force CD down peoples necks.

If its a full reunion i cant really see any. But for this thread TIL or Chi dem seem like ones they could get into.

For hybrid tour they might do those staple 4-5 CD songs. TIL is the one I see them doing it's like Beth by Kiss, let the singer sing one!

But i dont think if Izzy says i want to do Shuffle it all and Slash says Slither and Axl says TWAT and they say no Coma. Thats not going to work is it?

See I don't think Axl will compromise on a Velvet Revolver or a Slash song. Guns n Roses first. The show still remains the same. Each members will have their own solo spot like "here you go Slash, you have your solo spot do whatever you want, then Sweet Child O' Mine". It could be something from his next album, or Safari Inn or The Godfather Theme with Coma licks hidden n there. Will Axl change the setlist at all?

Slash playing on Chinese songs would be pretty ironic.

Duff played bass on CD tracks. Chi dem, Shacklers (mad respect), Better, Catcher.

But Izzy just turned up to boost his royalties. With all due respect.

Slash never got the call so not sure what would happen. Ron played on CD songs and played a solo song. So Ireckong that's Slashs jobs innits

If they'd have to do CD era songs, then Axl might as well sing some VR tunes.

That's should be most fair,but why to make a setlist with cd/vr/gnr songs,suppose will celebrate the reunion of GNR with original members,not every era.I don't get why slash need to learn playing any song included in CD and Axl to perform VR songs.

If they reunite it would probably be the "popular" CD songs.... Better, CD, SOD, and TIL. Those are the most well known songs off CD.. Better still gets occasional radio airplay, CD was the title track, TIL has a pretty good following, and SOD has been around for 14 years and was a single. I can see TWAT, IRS, and CITR being played occasionally, but other than that.... I doubt we'll hear any others. Prostitute and Riad were hardly played to begin with, Shackler's, ITW, and Madagascar isn't slash's style, Sorry is about Slash (even if it isn't), and Scrapped is Scrapped.

I kind of don't even want to see songs. I really just want to see the two of them jerking it off on stage. Would probably be weird if they did each other, but if they did it separately on either side of the stage. Kind of like the Use Your Illusion banners that were on either side of the stage. Axl diddlin his bits on the left while Slash blasts his blickenstorm off on the right. I think it'd be a great image and would really mean a lot to fans. And honestly, could you imagine that New York Times cover?

Then you know, play all of Appetite or whatever. But really it'd be hard to top that opener.

I guess they will open with Jungle so Chi dem will go. Better is a bit nuGuns.

I think I could still see Dizzy sitting down to do SOD. Then later in the set TIL with a Slash solo could be a great moment.

Duff likes Catcher and seems like a UYI era type song.

SOD, Catcher and TIL are probably songs Axl wanted Slash on anyway.