Songs from CD that the reunion lineup should play

I can't imagine Slash doing Shackler's, and although Better in the form it has on CD is a numetalish, it has a core of pure Gn'R rock n roll.

Better is one of those songs that could cross over. Remove the intro and outro in the current form. Then keep the first half the same and at the half way point go to where the DJ Ashba remix took it and it would be pure classic GNR...

Edited by Randy Jesus

set list:

WTTJ

ISE

*Dizzy Solo

Raw Power

NT

*Pitman Solo

Crucify the Dead with Pitman taking lead vocals and Dizzy on Synth. Axl backing vocals.

Sorry

*RANT*

Mr. Brownstone

*Frank Solo

SCOM

Patience

NR

Your Crazy

Rocket Queen

*Rant

KOHD

*Fortus Solo

Live and Let Die

Better

*Duff Solo

YCBM

*Slash Solo

PC

Nothing to Say

set list:

WTTJ

ISE

*Dizzy Solo

Raw Power

NT

*Pitman Solo

Crucify the Dead with Pitman taking lead vocals and Dizzy on Synth. Axl backing vocals.

Sorry

*RANT*

Mr. Brownstone

*Frank Solo

SCOM

Patience

NR

Your Crazy

Rocket Queen

*Rant

KOHD

*Fortus Solo

Live and Let Die

Better

*Duff Solo

YCBM

*Slash Solo

PC

Nothing to Say

This is absolutely perfect! I was just talking to my buddy the other day who is at best a casual GNR fan and just to guage the general feeling of non die hards I asked him what he's most pumped for about the original boys getting back together. His response "Chris Pittman singing a song off of Slash's solo record hands down."

• Like 1

Welcome to the Jungle

It's so Easy

Brownstone

Live N Let Die

My Michelle

Think About You

Sweet Child O Mine

You're Crazy

Rocket Queen

Street of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

November Rain

Out Ta Get Me

Civil War

Catcher in the Rye

Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Patience

Estranged

This I Love

Paradise City

• Like 1

set list:

WTTJ

ISE

*Dizzy Solo

Raw Power

NT

*Pitman Solo

Sorry

*RANT*

Mr. Brownstone

*Frank Solo

SCOM

Patience

NR

Your Crazy

Rocket Queen

*Rant

KOHD

*Fortus Solo

Live and Let Die

Better

*Duff Solo

YCBM

*Slash Solo

PC

Nothing to Say

This is absolutely perfect! I was just talking to my buddy the other day who is at best a casual GNR fan and just to guage the general feeling of non die hards I asked him what he's most pumped for about the original boys getting back together. His response "Chris Pittman singing a song off of Slash's solo record hands down."

Absolutely. Pitman singing lead vocals on a Slash song equals perfection.

All and any of it. If Slash isn't willing to play GN'R songs he shouldn't come back to GN'R. Period, VR is not needed because it ain't Guns N' Roses material.

Fuck that. Absolutely fuck that and it better be a fucking joke cause you can't be serious.

Either every single god damn fart and jizz they've recorded since the GNR breakup is on limits or none of it is. 87-93 material only or you get the motherload. All of VR, all of Slash solo, Izzy's material, the fart that Steven Adler produced that 3 people called "brilliant" before they shot up with him. Anyone that seriously, legitimately, SERIOUSLY thinks the old members need, should, and can ONLY play Chinese material need to put down the LSD and see the insanity of that statement.

"Chinese is the only real post GNR break up material." Run me over with a god damn car 60 times. Get the fuck out of my fucking house.

All and any of it. If Slash isn't willing to play GN'R songs he shouldn't come back to GN'R. Period, VR is not needed because it ain't Guns N' Roses material.

You have to be able to accept the fact that some people do not regard Chinese Democracy material ''Guns N' Roses material'' either? This may not be your own opinion but it is certainly an opinion which is widely held.

One I'm not in your house. Two it is a matter of fact than the only GN'R album of new original material since Slash and Duff's departure is Chinese Democracy, whether you like it or not Slash, Duff, Steven (whom lest be honest will not be back) and Izzy were not a part of Guns N' Roses during that time period, so their albums just simply don't count. All of them with the exception of Steven left on their own free will and (I'm assuming, mind you) that if they are coming back they will be doing so in their own free will as well, but that doesn't give them the right to take songs out of the set list just because "they weren't a part of that" and also it doesn't give them the right to go out and force Axl to play material that has nothing to do with the project at hand A.K.A Guns N' Roses. I know there are a lot of fans that don't see Chinese Democracy as a Guns N' Roses album, but that doesn't stop it from being what it is. There are also people that believe that the earth is flat (even this days lol) that doesn't mean that the earth will stop being round, or you will fall from the edge of the world any time soon.

One I'm not in your house. Two it is a matter of fact than the only GN'R album of new original material since Slash and Duff's departure is Chinese Democracy, whether you like it or not Slash, Duff, Steven (whom lest be honest will not be back) and Izzy were not a part of Guns N' Roses during that time period, so their albums just simply don't count. All of them with the exception of Steven left on their own free will and (I'm assuming, mind you) that if they are coming back they will be doing so in their own free will as well, but that doesn't give them the right to take songs out of the set list just because "they weren't a part of that" and also it doesn't give them the right to go out and force Axl to play material that has nothing to do with the project at hand A.K.A Guns N' Roses. I know there are a lot of fans that don't see Chinese Democracy as a Guns N' Roses album, but that doesn't stop it from being what it is. There are also people that believe that the earth is flat (even this days lol) that doesn't mean that the earth will stop being round, or you will fall from the edge of the world any time soon.

• Like 1

It's pretty common in rock but Axl just took it further. Funnily enough the same thing happened in Simply Red. Mick got rid of the real band members or something. So Money's too tight to mention was the real band but Stars was more of a hired backing band. Then by 96, Simply Red was essentially a trademark for Mick owned to release stuff under.

Edited by wasted

Yes, but the difference is that you're not Elvis, you aren't related in any way to any Elvis project and you don't own his name either.

Meanwhile Axl Rose created the name Guns N' Roses before he came to be in a band with Slash, Duff or Steven. He also promoted, recorded and wrote under that name along with them and Izzy for a long time, but during that period Adler got fired, Slash, Duff and Izzy quit and Axl carried on with the name (something they agreed upon before they even got big). If you have a problem with Chinese Democracy being a Guns N' Roses album why don't you call Slash and Duff and ask them why did they signed of the name to Axl.

set list:

WTTJ

ISE

*Dizzy Solo

Raw Power

NT

*Pitman Solo

Sorry

*RANT*

Mr. Brownstone

*Frank Solo

SCOM

Patience

NR

Your Crazy

Rocket Queen

*Rant

KOHD

*Fortus Solo

Live and Let Die

Better

*Duff Solo

YCBM

*Slash Solo

PC

Nothing to Say

Absolutely. Pitman singing lead vocals on a Slash song equals perfection.
Neil Pitman.

Yes, but the difference is that you're not Elvis, you aren't related in any way to any Elvis project and you don't own his name either. Meanwhile Axl Rose created the name Guns N' Roses before he came to be in a band with Slash, Duff or Steven. He also promoted, recorded and wrote under that name along with them and Izzy for a long time, but during that period Adler got fired, Slash, Duff and Izzy quit and Axl carried on with the name (something they agreed upon before they even got big). If you have a problem with Chinese Democracy being a Guns N' Roses album why don't you call Slash and Duff and ask them why did they signed of the name to Axl.

You can say that about any new gnr member outside Axl and Dizzy!

It is a con job anyway. The band 'Guns N' Roses' that began in 1985 was effectively folded in late 1995. The band masquerading as 'Guns N' Roses' since then (1996-present) are really a completely new legal entity which just so happens to carry the same name as the prior band. Axl's power grab was akin to when a business files for bankruptcy and then quickly sets up shop again, i.e. a swizz, a con job.

To paraphrase Gene Hunt, Nugnr are ''as fake as a tranny's fanny''.

Really when did Frank and Fortus quit? And whatever was of Pitman? Funny you mention that the new entity was made in 1995 when Slash left in 1996 and Duff and Matt in 97 but alright, even if it is a new legal entity, this new legal entity is still Guns N' Roses why you may ask? Because the owner of the name says so. Sadly you don't get a say, just as your neighbors don't get a say if you divorce and marry another woman and decide to have sex with her in the same bed where your wife used to sleep. They might be angry because they liked her better than you, but it is still your house your rules, your bed and your new wife.

If we go for that account Guns N' Roses never released anything because they only lasted a few day before Tracii Guns and the others left and were replaced by Slash, Duff and Adler.

Really when did Frank and Fortus quit? And whatever was of Pitman? Funny you mention that the new entity was made in 1995 when Slash left in 1996 and Duff and Matt in 97 but alright, even if it is a new legal entity, this new legal entity is still Guns N' Roses why you may ask? Because the owner of the name says so. Sadly you don't get a say, just as your neighbors don't get a say if you divorce and marry another woman and decide to have sex with her in the same bed where your wife used to sleep. They might be angry because they liked her better than you, but it is still your house your rules, your bed and your new wife. If we go for that account Guns N' Roses never released anything because they only lasted a few day before Tracii Guns and the others left and were replaced by Slash, Duff and Adler.

Con job. Swizz. You can pretend it is GN'R if you like but I certainly won't and I think more of the world is in agreement with me than you. Proof of the pudding is, we are now discussing a reunion! If any of this is true, Axl has come to realise that his circus is illegitimate to most people, like Iommi's endless Sabbath line-ups.