Ron Thal: Whatever I Say On GN'R Is Distorted By The Media

Here's a rough translation, original French at the link:

Interview Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal

November 13, 2015

The last time we met was in December 2008 ...

Ron Thal:… Already!

And at the time, I did not ask you the traditional question became what is the question that often asked thee?

Ron Thal: Oh I have a list as long as your arm (laughs) but I would say : "How's Axl?"

Although we hardly had not talked about Guns'N'Roses was joining you at the time, I suppose that today the question is about your departure. It seems that you have left the group in 2014 but the announcement is quite recent : why not having announced earlier?

( He motions of silence )

Ron Thal: There is no truth [...] , whatever I say [on Guns'N'Roses ] , my words are systematically distorted by the media to the buzz.

We respect this choice, but is this not an opportunity to establish the truth?

Ron Thal: But there is no truth ! And anyway, whatever I say, my words are systematically distorted by the media to the buzz.

Still, do not you disappointed when you join the group by seeing one album would be produced during this period?

Ron Thal: During the eight years that I have played with the group, we experienced a lot of great experiences. It was an experience that taught me a lot . And the fans are really extraordinary .

http://www.musicwaves.fr/frmArticle.aspx?ID=1201&REF=RON-BUMBLEFOOT-THAL-07-SEPTEMBRE-15

There is no truth? what the hell he is trying to say? he is still in Guns N' Roses? I still don't get it, IF Ashba can have the balls to say he is leaving, then why the hell is he not saying anything? or he wants to be a part of the reunion tour? LOL

Where has Ron made an official statement that he's not in GNR? I've seen no such statement.

What I have seen, though, is set lists from Ron's solo tour where he's playing mostly AFD covers, with promo posters that proclaim "GNR GUITARIST!"

I don't think he's made an official statement, but he makes no bones about referring to GNR in past tense. It's pretty obvious he's out.

Maybe him leaving was more about releasing his album and doing something for himself thinking he wouldn't be able to do it while in Guns if GN'R decided to tour or do something in 2015. But now that he's done it and GN'R didn't do anything of what he thought they would be doing he wants to try get back in without making noise seeing as he didn't really never closed the door to the idea of coming back. Como to think of it, he never even made an announcement or anything, just quietly fade away.

Anyways I'm a fan of the guy and I really enjoyed his last album and many of the songs he has done on his own. This man is really underrated...

I really don't get how its distorted by the Media. Its a simple answer to a simple question.

ARE YOU IN GUNS N' ROSES?

1). YES

2). NO

This. I can understand not elaborating on things, because lord knows even people here distort shit that is laughable... But for the love of God just say "yeah I quit but I just don't want to comment on axl or anything gnr related." That would have done it for me.. I get that someone could have followed up with reunion questions but then he could have just said "yeah it'd be cool but I didn't quit because that was in the works. But hopefully it happens, I love axl and team Brazil to death and I wish them the best"...

Man he needs some PR lessons from slash

I don't understand all this "Ron is cool" stuff. Why? Because he tours on AFD covers in eastern europran village pubs?

He's taking advantage of his former employment to continue making money by playing Slash and Izzy's guitar work.

I honestly don't get how this makes him "cool."

There's something really strange about that "there is no truth" comment. Bumblefoot has always been a very honest and straight-forward guy. There must be something weird going on with his position in GNR. Otherwise comments like that wouldn't make any sense.

Could it be that he knows that he still has a place in GNR if the reunion plans fall apart. So his position in GNR depends completely on whether Slash is coming back or not. And perhaps there is no answer to that question yet. In other words there is no truth.

I don't understand all this "Ron is cool" stuff. Why? Because he tours on AFD covers in eastern europran village pubs?

He's taking advantage of his former employment to continue making money by playing Slash and Izzy's guitar work.

I honestly don't get how this makes him "cool."

i mean as a person he seems like an alright guy